Georgia Roll Call

zoinks5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
The stock 2019 is very fast. I'd say get up here. We always go slow in and fast out on most turns. It's the real deal in the mountains as well on a race track for speed. It's also the safe way to avoid getting upside down and on fire.

JC6.jpg

JC7.jpg
For sure!! I spent last summer and fall (stock) driving in the mountains of Western NC with my friends and it's blast. But I'll definitely keep on eye on this thread, especially when it warms up a bit!

Also definitely don't want to end up like that Camaro; saw a guy go off into a ditch last October on NC 215 because he wasn't paying enough attention and we had to wait a good hour for emergency response.
Sponsored

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
When the rear comes out, the passenger is scared. When the fronts come out, the driver is scared. And when I'm behind a driver in the mountains and I see them second brake mid-corner, I get scared.

We had an off-road my last weekend up on the Dragon with the M3 group I run with. It was the best outcome we could have had, we were able to push the car back onto the road. But I realized, some folks try to keep with an other car rather than go at their own pace for their skill level. My favorite quote for the weekend was from that driver. "I can't I Mustanged, following a Mustang. I just thought I could keep up." Even in the rain, I could out pace the other M3 drivers. Point being, please please please, alone or in a group, know your skills and drive at that pace, not the car in front of you.

My safety meeting for the week. Carry on ;)

Dru

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dru
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT 5sp ...2020 GT 6sp
Oh I figured it wouldn’t be for a bit, even though I’m itching to stretch my legs.
I feel you. I get really itchy sometimes and head up there by myself in the early morning. The weather is fine for it right now imo. Went to go out for a quick bite to eat saturday night and ended up coming down the mountain sunday morning. Never actually did get food now that i think about it lol. Im so glad i found out about those roads from this forum. Shits too much fun.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
I feel you. I get really itchy sometimes and head up there by myself in the early morning. The weather is fine for it right now imo. Went to go out for a quick bite to eat saturday night and ended up coming down the mountain sunday morning. Never actually did get food now that i think about it lol. Im so glad i found out about those roads from this forum. Shits too much fun.
I live up here and I just keep my car stored from the beginning of December until April. But for me, it's because I never know when they are going to have the roads salted. I already got surprised by that once and I can't abide that.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
....saw a guy go off into a ditch last October on NC 215 because he wasn't paying enough attention and we had to wait a good hour for emergency response.
We were in the mountains in GA, when a guy did the "snap oversteer" in an early Porsche 911 (they are known for that). His car was just restored. We got him out before the car could have plunged down the mountain. He was a little nervous.

The Park Rangers don't care why you went off the road (driving mistake or flat tire, it doesn't care). You get a federal fine for hitting a bush or a small tree.

It took the wrecker an hour to get to him. The wrecker dude wouldn't go down to affix the straps to the car to pull it out. We did it for him.

JeffD.jpg

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just trying to wake up this local thread.
Looking forward to the next drive.

Met a local Fire Fighter in Marietta with a nice car... parked next to his for a photo op:

2 Blue Shelbys.jpg

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
..Meet a local Fire Fighter in Marietta with a nice car... parked next to his for a photo op:
Dave,
I can't figure out which one is yours? :sunglasses:

If the dude drives with us, I think a bit of red tape on the windshield will be suggested from one of you.

I ask if you got new tires yet? Which tires? I will probably need new tires this summer.

I am of the opinion that the Magnetic Metallic cars are just naturally faster (just winter banter among friends):

Here:

Gray5.jpg

I did drive up to the mountains yesterday. I meet three Dodge guys and a S550 Mustang GT guy (all nice guys). I told 'em to watch Mustang6g.com

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I like the one on the right better....oh wait, I meant the one on the left...oh wait, I don't know which one I like best. :) Great looking cars.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just trying to wake up this local thread.
Looking forward to the next drive.

Met a local Fire Fighter in Marietta with a nice car... parked next to his for a photo op:

2 Blue Shelbys.jpg

Sponsored

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
Dave,
I ask if you got new tires yet? Which tires? I will probably need new tires this summer.
I know the question wasnt for me but I ditched the Sport Cup 2's at 2000 miles a couple weeks ago and got a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S put on. So far I like them. They are much quieter than the SC2's but the car also feels a little softer. Dont know if thats in my head. I drove a couple of the twisty roads around Mexico, GA where I stay in a sporty manner and they perform well for not being scrubbed in yet.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Everyone knows the brightest colors are the fastest. I'll keep a lookout for you guys in my rear view mirror.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Nope... still getting plenty of use out of the original Cup 2 tires.
I have racked up 7000 miles since last August, and I have only lost 1/32" of tread on the front, and 2/32" of tread on the rears.

The rears are wearing more............. can't figure that out for a front wheel drive car!

Remember math word problems in High School:
"If Dave consumes 2/32" of an inch on the rear tires in 7000 miles, and there is 5/64" until the wear bars, how many miles can Dave drive until he reaches the wear bars assuming his driving habits don't change?"
Alright class, turn your papers over and you may begin... do not look at other peoples work or you will fail this test.

This shouldn't take more than 3 1/3 minutes.... including 2 minutes to find a calculator.
If you have already put back a few drinks for the evening, it will take longer.
If you hated math and haven't used it since High School........ well, then start drinking and forget about it........ go stare at your pretty car!

Bonus Question:
"If the average oil change is every 5000 miles, how many more oil changes until Dave needs new tires?"

Last edited:
OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I know the question wasnt for me but I ditched the Sport Cup 2's at 2000 miles a couple weeks ago and got a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S put on. So far I like them.
Do you know what the price difference is? Just curious.

I noticed it had a treadwear of 300, Y rated (to 186 Mph), and a guarantee of 30,000 miles (I didn't read the fine print).
I saw the 295/45/19 but not the 305/35/19 (they had a close enough size).
It sounds like an alternative street tire (the Cup 2 is a racing slick, IMO).

Nope... still getting plenty of use out of the original Cup 2 tires.
I have racked up 7000 miles since last August, and I have only lost 1/32" of tread on the front, and 2/32" of tread on the rears.
Dave,
I think you will experience faster tire wear as you wear down the tire. More heat = faster wear.

So, my guess is that you will get 15,000 miles on the Cup 2 racing slicks.That is two more oil changes. :sunglasses:

I am thinking that you measured the middle groove? The treadwear number is 180. I did my tires twice (to be sure). I have 3,500 miles which is over 50% in the mountains. I did all three grooves:
All inside-middle-outside. All in /32 so 5 = 5/32".
LF: 5--5--3
RF: 5--5--3
LR: 6--5--3
RR: 6--5--3

JMHO, but I think the tires were made for good track times. They sure test well in magazines. They also have superior grip in the mountains.

I believe my gauge is good. I calculated my Porsche which is 9--9--9 X 4 which is spot on the new factory specs of the Pirelli P-Zero NOA with treadwear 220.

The stock 2019 Ford Shelby GT350 is the fastest car that I have ever owned. It is much faster than the IMSA Snipes Ford race car that I raced.

Mitty2013.jpg

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Keep in mind that the 2019 GT350 runs Michelin Cup 2 tires, but a specific Ford Performance compound and construction that actually differs from the Michelin Cup 2 tires that the GT350R and GT Performance Pack 2 come with. The GT350 FP spec are designed to last longer and serve as an upgrade and replacement for the Pilot Super Sports that are no longer in production.
Sponsored