Covington here...…
FB_IMG_1561292169643.jpg
Sponsored

MAVERICKFORD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0
Hey guys moving to Georgia next week, I will be in the Daluth area, I will be working at Akins Ford in Winder as a service writer. Just wanted to say hey, let me know about clubs that I can join

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys moving to Georgia next week,
This is a great move since the Atlanta area needs good service guys.

Atkins Ford has a great reputation among Georgia guys. I think the Atkins guy is still around with his kid's now in charge? All are good people.

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
Hey guys moving to Georgia next week, I will be in the Daluth area, I will be working at Akins Ford in Winder as a service writer. Just wanted to say hey, let me know about clubs that I can join
Welcome.. I am just down the road from Akins.. Duluth is a nice are.. Enjoy! Not sure about the local clubs? don't think there is much in our area.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Duluth is a nice place. Lived right on the Suwanee/Duluth line when I moved to Georgia myself. My car club Unstabled Mates Mustang Club is based heavily out of the Lawrenceville area which is just across 85 from you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I hope you guys know how to get up to the northern mountain roads?

Are you in?

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
In for what?

My buddies who were going to come from NC for some fun in the Six Gap area this weekend had to change plans due to family health issues for a couple of the guys.

94Mustang302ci

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Two Car clubs Atlanta S550 and SEGEN6

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Brought my car in to Hennessy Ford a few months back for an issue with the active exhaust and first oil change. I wasn't impressed with the service to say the least. Regardless, I'm having the same issue and a new one. I called and emailed them with no one returning my calls/emails. It's so odd.

So, my question is, where do you all take your cars for warranty work that has loaners available? I bought the car from AutoNation Ford in Marietta, but it's pretty far from me. I live in Castleberry Hill, near the Benz, and work in Buckhead. Which is why I went to Hennessy first. Just checking to see if there's a Ford service center that's knowledgeable and maybe more performance oriented.

Sigster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Hey Randy. I have had very good luck so far with my '18 GT getting serviced at Angela Krause Ford in Alpharetta. They also have a location in Woodstock. In fact, the body shop at Woodstock installed my new Cervini upper/lower grilles and did a great job. BTW, Perfect Performance in Roswell installed my Steeda suspension and those guys are the best, if you need that kind of work done. Now, I need a great shop on the north side to do a CAI and tune for me. Any recommendations there?

Sponsored
OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
....So, my question is, where do you all take your cars for warranty work that has loaners available?
Ford doesn't pay for loaner cars. Do you have a second car?

I know Castleberry Hill (I wouldn't advertise it). Hennessy Ford is not a performance dealer. I'd say Marietta Ford AutoNation is your best bet for a performance dealer.

Please explain in detail the problems that you have with the car. I don't understand your problems.

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Please explain in detail the problems that you have with the car. I don't understand your problems.
For a car that's less than a year old, I expect loaner. They gave me a fleet car at Hennessy the last time, but it took them over 2 weeks. They'd never heard of active exhaust, which shocked me, so that was my first clue that they're not for me.

The actuator that regulates the baffle went bad at around 5k. It goes into the default Normal mode. I rather like not annoying my neighbors in the AM, so I use the quiet exhaust setting. It's going bad again and makes this horrible loose metal flapping sound that I can hear at lights and in my parking garage. Now there's also a loud clunk in the front left. When I turn the wheel sharp to park or leave a parking spot, it clunks. Sounds like a bushing broke, but I have no idea. Needs to be looked at. While there I was going to ask about some of the GT350 bits that go under the car, sways bars and whatnot.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
...They gave me a fleet car at Hennessy the last time, but it took them over 2 weeks. They'd never heard of active exhaust, which shocked me, so that was my first clue that they're not for me.
You bought an used fleet car from a salesman that didn't know what about the exhaust?

You say the exhaust goes back to default which is the normal mode. The normal mode will not "wake up your neighbors" as you complain about.

You really need to state the situation as a car guy can understand..

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

I know Castleberry Hill (I wouldn't advertise it). Hennessy Ford is not a performance dealer. I'd say Marietta Ford AutoNation is your best bet for a performance dealer.

I had my GT350 in for a pinched o-ring on the oil cooler line that created a small leak and also a torn driver's side CV boot at around 3,000 miles. Angela Krause was kind enough to provide me with a loaner during the the time they fixed the vehicle. I took my car to Billy Howell Ford up in Cumming to have the A/C compressor fixed and they did not provide me with a loaner. Car was with both dealerships for around 3 days total to solve both issues as they didn't have parts on hand at the time. I guess what I'm saying is that it depends on where you take it and your relationship with them. Both times I had the dealer perform a $150 oil change on the car as well.

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You bought an used fleet car from a salesman that didn't know what about the exhaust?
No. I have a 2019 GT, see my sig. It was not a fleet car, the loaner Hennessy provided was from their fleet of cars.

There's an issue with the active exhaust that needs to be fixed again, and now a clunk up front they need to address. Just looking for a better option than Hennessy Ford. They are a mess right now and don't want to go back. Hope this is more clear.

Yes, a cold start in Normal mode is far louder than in Quiet mode.

I'll most likely go to the Marietta Ford next. Thanks for the input folks.
Sponsored