Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yo, checking-in with the ATL folks!

I've been getting use to the car after I past the 1k break-in. I was up playing on SR60-SR180-129 the last 2 weekends. I came from an M3, so I've been pretty "scared" of the car. I don't want to be an internet meme. That being said, I'm not new to spirited driving, or being sideways for that matter. I save that for auto-x.

BUT, point being, this chassis is fantastic. I've been pushing harder and harder on the twisties, listening to my tires to tell me that's too much, but the front end just digs. The rear follows, if not even tightens on exit. I've left the nannies on every time and they only intervened once. It rewards smooth, subtle inputs. Too much throttle lifts the front and changes the turn angle before the rears ever slip.

I have my first auto-x next Sunday, 4/28/19, with the BMW group at AMS. I run with these guys because we get 8 runs and they have a cap-space so there's never more than like 40 people. We're home by 3:30. I did SCCA for 11 years. I'm over the "competition" part of the sport. I like to learn how cars want to be driven, as they were intended by that one crazy engineer every great car had on their development team.

Hope to see you guys out at a meet or in the mountains sometime. I have so many questions... Like, has anyone developed a floor mounted throttle pedal, yet? My biggest beef with the car is the lousy pedal placement. And all the chrome inside the car, but that's a different story.
Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Yo, checking-in with the ATL folks!

I've been getting use to the car after I past the 1k break-in. I was up playing on SR60-SR180-129 the last 2 weekends. I came from an M3, so I've been pretty "scared" of the car. I don't want to be an internet meme. That being said, I'm not new to spirited driving, or being sideways for that matter. I save that for auto-x.

BUT, point being, this chassis is fantastic. I've been pushing harder and harder on the twisties, listening to my tires to tell me that's too much, but the front end just digs. The rear follows, if not even tightens on exit. I've left the nannies on every time and they only intervened once. It rewards smooth, subtle inputs. Too much throttle lifts the front and changes the turn angle before the rears ever slip.

I have my first auto-x next Sunday, 4/28/19, with the BMW group at AMS. I run with these guys because we get 8 runs and they have a cap-space so there's never more than like 40 people. We're home by 3:30. I did SCCA for 11 years. I'm over the "competition" part of the sport. I like to learn how cars want to be driven, as they were intended by that one crazy engineer every great car had on their development team.

Hope to see you guys out at a meet or in the mountains sometime. I have so many questions... Like, has anyone developed a floor mounted throttle pedal, yet? My biggest beef with the car is the lousy pedal placement. And all the chrome inside the car, but that's a different story.
Chassis is much better and I need to get back into the mountains with mine.

I couldn't stand the pedals until I did the SRP pedals, the steeds clutch spring, and the $5 Lowes pedal spacer mod.

Would love to try this car at autocross even though competition is no longer my desire either. This was my old competition car in our local region.
Screenshot_20181122-214059_Flickr.jpg

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
....Like, has anyone developed a floor mounted throttle pedal, yet? My biggest beef with the car is the lousy pedal placement. And all the chrome inside the car, but that's a different story.
Porsche had one for years, but I would prefer the current placement. The floor placement has it's own issues (including debris behind the pedal causing it to stick wide-open).

Sponsored

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Some research needs to be done. I like how the throttle sits lower. This is my main issue, I rock my heel from the brake/throttle and lift it when I need to hoe-toe. There's so much travel that at the end of the throw, I've moved down to my toes and need to lift my foot back to a better spot. In my past cars, I've been able to cover both pedals with one foot at a slight angle.

First world issues...

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had a piece of moulding come off and get behind the throttle but it kept me from giving gas rather than stay open. Non the less, it wasn't a safe feeling.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
With the SRP pedals you should be good. My issue was being able to do light braking and downshift still.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be down at AMS for my first autox with the car. Pretty excited to say the least.

Sponsored
OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Three friends and I are planning to do some of Six Gap next week. It will be a weekday to avoid traffic. Probably get lunch at Turner's Corner since it just reopened a couple of months ago.

Let me know if any of you are interested and I'll let you know the timing once worked out.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Three friends and I are planning to do some of Six Gap next week. It will be a weekday to avoid traffic. Probably get lunch at Turner's Corner since it just reopened a couple of months ago.

Let me know if any of you are interested and I'll let you know the timing once worked out.
Sounds like fun but this whole job thing always gets in my way of weekday activities like that

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
Sounds like fun but this whole job thing always gets in my way of weekday activities like that
+2.. The weekdays are tough.

Anyone getting together this weekend or near future?

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Four of us are dong Six Gaps tomorrow. If anyone can go, PM me for the details.
Sponsored