95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
...I guess what I'm saying is that it depends on where you take it and your relationship with them. Both times I had the dealer perform a $150 oil change on the car as well.
You are correct. It does depend on the relationship, and the severity of the problem.
Sponsored

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
There's an issue with the active exhaust that needs to be fixed again, and now a clunk up front they need to address. Just looking for a better option than Hennessy Ford. They are a mess right now and don't want to go back. Hope this is more clear.

Yes, a cold start in Normal mode is far louder than in Quiet mode.

I'll most likely go to the Marietta Ford next. Thanks for the input folks.
Sorry, I misunderstood your 'fleet' comment. I thought it was cars from Ford executives or rental car returns. It was from dealer inventory which I think should have been fixed properly by the dealer. That is poor dealer service.

The active exhaust seems simple to me. An electric switch controls a valve that opens (Sport) or closes (Normal) an exhaust tube. My car has the same system which always defaults back to normal when I turn the car off (as does the suspension settings).

I think that this isn't a fault code that would show on a scan? Not sure. I do think a mechanic can hear the difference? I'd just put it in Sport and listen. I'd then switch to Normal and listen. You can do the same thing for the service writer while he is checking your odometer and serial number.

Good luck and let us know. Keep the card for the service writer.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Sorry, I misunderstood your 'fleet' comment. I thought it was cars from Ford executives or rental car returns. It was from dealer inventory which I think should have been fixed properly by the dealer. That is poor dealer service.

The active exhaust seems simple to me. An electric switch controls a valve that opens (Sport) or closes (Normal) an exhaust tube. My car has the same system which always defaults back to normal when I turn the car off (as does the suspension settings).

I think that this isn't a fault code that would show on a scan? Not sure. I do think a mechanic can hear the difference? I'd just put it in Sport and listen. I'd then switch to Normal and listen. You can do the same thing for the service writer while he is checking your odometer and serial number.

Good luck and let us know. Keep the card for the service writer.
The GT350 has a 2 mode active exhaust, but if I'm corrrect, the GT and the new GT500 both have a 4 mode active exhaust.

My car always starts loud if you just jump in and hit the clutch and the start button at the same time as it cycles the valves. To save my neighbors I always get in the car and clutch in as I listen for the car to cycle the valves before hitting the start button. This ensures that I start the car in the quietest mode.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
The GT350 has a 2 mode active exhaust, but if I'm correct, the GT and the new GT500 both have a 4 mode active exhaust.
I have no clue but four exhaust modes sounds expensive to make.

The local yard service people make more noise than my GT350. The operate mowers and two leaf-blower machines at the same time.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
To save my neighbors I always get in the car and clutch in as I listen for the car to cycle the valves before hitting the start button. This ensures that I start the car in the quietest mode.
When I do a cold start... I can NOT get a quiet start no matter what I do. I removed the resonators and I start the car with the garage door closed just trying to minimize the cold start rasp. I've researched and tried everyone's supposed trick to getting a quite start, and it just plain ole does not happen. It quiets itself after about 30 seconds. But that first 30 seconds is plenty loud.
How do you get a quite start?

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Well let me be clear, it's not "quiet", but rather the quietest method possible. I too have the resonators deleted and following my method will start it at the lowest volume you can get. If you want to get a loud start jump into the car and simultaneously depress the clutch and hold the start button to get it to start. You'll hear it go open, closed, open, and settle in the closed position. During this process you can flip the exhaust switch to open the valves again.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
You guys must live in an uppity neighborhood. :blush:

No one has said a word to me about the GT350. They may be glad that I sold the 1965 Mustang which had open exhaust. I loaded it many times in the middle of the day and parked the rig on the street.

VDCAa.jpg

VDCA1.jpg

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Noone has ever said anything to me, but I don't mind keeping it that way. In our neighborhood my GT350's exhaust faces directly into the side of my neighbor's house and one of their bedrooms. My garage is also underneath my own daughter's bedroom so being able to start it quietly early in the morning can be advantageous for everyone involved.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I raced the 1965 Mustang for 18 years. It was fun until I got too old to do the 12 hour days working on the car (my volunteer friends mostly drank beer).

The car won a bunch of races.
Seb2009z.jpg

The 1995 Mustang Cobra R IMSA car (called the Stars and Strips car) was a great race car until I tried too race it.
Snipes13a.jpg

I ran out of talent.

Dru

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dru
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT 5sp ...2020 GT 6sp
Newnan checking in. Down for a mountain cruise.

Sponsored
OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Newnan checking in. Down for a mountain cruise.
Welcome dude to the fastest group .

I'd like to recommend a Polar Bear Drive on 1-1-20. We meet at the usual place at the Walmart in Dahlonega and hit the mountains.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

I'd like to recommend a Polar Bear Drive on 1-1-20. We meet at the usual place at the Walmart in Dahlonega and hit the mountains.
This sounds fun. Need more info on this.

Dru

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dru
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT 5sp ...2020 GT 6sp

Im kinda new to georgia and had never heard of that 6 gap thing. Googled it and it looks amazing so i had to check it out. Wasnt sleeping tonight anyway. Headed out there and I only saw one other person the whole time up in the mountain but it started raining right when i got there and the fog was crazy but it was still fun. Im amazed at well the 550’s handle in general but especially in weather. I dont even have any performance packs.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I'd like to recommend a Polar Bear Drive on 1-1-20.
Due to the New Years Eve party we go to every year I will not be doing anything on 1-1-20 except recuperating.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I'm in if the weather permits and my schedule does not change.
Sponsored