Gen 2 9.5:1 Crate Engine

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Need some feedback if anyone has gone the Ford Performance Gen 2 SC aluminator route. Blew my motor and looking for a quick fix and about to pull the trigger on the 9.5:1 built motor. Was pushing about 800 to the crank before the motor crapped out on me. Looking to get the lower compression motor as E85 is not readily available for where the car will be...happy to keep the car where it is from a power standpoint with just adding in a smaller pully to make up the HP loss from the lower compression motor. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Haven't got any experience with that motor myself, but as someone knowledgeable on here pointed out, all factory supercharged cars are using a similar compression ratio because it's safer, especially on pump gas. Definitely wouldn't be a bad choice if you dont want to run E85.

OP
OP
Nawsad123

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Haven't got any experience with that motor myself, but as someone knowledgeable on here pointed out, all factory supercharged cars are using a similar compression ratio because it's safer, especially on pump gas. Definitely wouldn't be a bad choice if you dont want to run E85.
Yep, trying to SAFELY make the power I was making, not trying to have my motor go out again
Sponsored