DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
786 at the wheels.
Thats great RWHP. I pretty much am moving towards the Whipple set up like you except I am going to try 93 pump gas with Boostane Pro. What do you have to do regulary with your fuel system since your on E85? When you store it for the winter what do you have to do?
Thanks
Sponsored

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
Thats great RWHP. I pretty much am moving towards the Whipple set up like you except I am going to try 93 pump gas with Boostane Pro. What do you have to do regulary with your fuel system since your on E85? When you store it for the winter what do you have to do?
Thanks
I just use Lucas ethanol conditioner and fill the tank full. That’s it. 3 years no issues.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I just use Lucas ethanol conditioner and fill the tank full. That’s it. 3 years no issues.
And that's it? Do you use it during the summer months too or just during the winter storage?.
Now that advice gives me hope for E-85 street use, for that is the way I want to go.
*Fuel PUMP? Fuel MAX box?, Return System?, ID-1050x Injectors?

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
And that's it? Do you use it during the summer months too or just during the winter storage?.
Now that advice gives me hope for E-85 street use, for that is the way I want to go.
*Fuel PUMP? Fuel MAX box?, Return System?, ID-1050x Injectors?
Just winter storage.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Is it very likely I am breaking the ears on the diff if I do not have the iron chunk setup?
Steeda makes a brace that prevents the ears from breaking.

Sponsored

mtr5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT Shadow Black 401a A10 3.15 gear
My car is tuned by long time Mustang tuning legend Lidio Lacobelli. He talked to me about a Whipple E-85 set-up that he had thought about doing that could put some impressive numbers down, without beating the hell out of it. I told him hell yeah, let’s do it! I race every weekend and people are very impressed with the car. Thank you Lidio!!!!
Right now I’m happy were it’s at. Probably next year we will bump it up a good amount, but that’s when the cage goes in first.
just had my 2020 Mustang GT A10 tuned by Lidio , did a JLT air intake and E85 tune for now. put down 450 hp / 412 TQ.... that E85 really wakes up these coyote motors.. Lidio is a top notch tuner and great guy...next up will be long tube headers.. NastyPumpkin you a local guy.. I live in Saint Clair Shores.

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
just had my 2020 Mustang GT A10 tuned by Lidio , did a JLT air intake and E85 tune for now. put down 450 hp / 412 TQ.... that E85 really wakes up these coyote motors.. Lidio is a top notch tuner and great guy...next up will be long tube headers.. NastyPumpkin you a local guy.. I live in Saint Clair Shores.
Lidio is the best out there!! Yes, I’m local, l live in Troy.

mtr5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT Shadow Black 401a A10 3.15 gear
Lidio is the best out there!! Yes, I’m local, l live in Troy.
If you mind me asking what brand headers and what size 1 7/8 or 1 3/4 did you go with your set-up

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
If you mind me asking what brand headers and what size 1 7/8 or 1 3/4 did you go with your set-up
My Plan is to do all FI Upgrades this coming winter. This past winter I did all of the Necessary suspension Mods to meet my goals. I have discussed the best route to go with both Turbo and Whipple, Drivetrain Manufacture as well as Speed Shop Techs, actual racers both street and Track as to the best Header Size/combination for my Application. I will not make that determination until I make a decision on my FI, probably around November 15th time frame when I take my car off the road for the winter. As far as Manufacture, Kooks 1 7/8" seem to be at the top but I haven't decided if the extra cost actually gives you better performance with added cost, as it relates to the lower cost competitors. I am glad people like you are willing to discuss your success and failures in your quest for speed, as I will do the same once I start moving forward on phase II of my Car. People who pound the streets and track know what works, and what Breaks and why, (Most of The Time). Chat later

Sponsored

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
I have the Kooks. But pypes work just as good and are at a good price. Ask Lidio he would know what works best now and the results of many. Good luck!

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I have the Kooks. But pypes work just as good and are at a good price. Ask Lidio he would know what works best now and the results of many. Good luck!
Thanks, I will try to Contact Lido and see what he thinks.
Sponsored