Gauges

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
My layman understanding is that the engine temp is the critical operating parameter, which, in normal cars you can only observe indirectly, through the coolant water temp (or the engine oil temp). So even if the other indirect systems fails, you still get the info about the engine temp, right before it explodes :wink:.
Thinking this is the indicator that if goes too high puts you in limp mode?
Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Cylinder head temp and oil pressure. I wish the vacuum gauge was oil temp instead.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods

joepro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Diff Temp, Head/Coolant temp/oil pressure in the Cluster. I have considered swapping to the GT350 Oil temp gauge, but I'm still not convinced it will be accurate based on how the gauges work(calculated from other data inputs from my understanding). If someone were to somehow verify it does work properly(I haven't researched it in quite some time so there could be new info) I would probably swap it in a heartbeat, the VAC gauge is utterly useless, and annoying. Might just swap it because of that...

Last edited:

VladDracule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Please stop calling you car SKYE, its getting awkwardly uncomfortable, LOL.

PS/Just messing with ya. But...
NGL a buddy from work said I have to name my car, and i though you know Skye is actually a pretty good name for a grabber blue mustang, so i thought about stealing it but i was still unsure if their name is actually skye or if they just made their forum name skye, so ill add to the confusion and start referring to my car as skye from now on

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

stev3french

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Twister Orange w/HP
I replaced my vac/oil pressure gauge with the GT350 one that shows oil preesure/oil temp. It is totally plug and play and looks stock obviously. The car should've come with this gauge pack imo.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Head temp, Air intake temp, Trans temp I flip between gauge and digital readout depending on mood or need for accuracy.

SemperFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 m0303
I got me one of them tree air fresheners on account I have ventilated seats and when I fart, I end up punishing myself. It's not really a gauge or nothing, but it is an important aftermarket add on.

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Speaking of gauges, I just got a set of GT350 Oil Pressure and Temperature gauges for my Mach1 HP! Now I just need the car.
Hey, why is your girlfriend in your avatar? ;-)

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
Axle, CHT, Trans
GT 350 Gauge is there so I don't have to run CHT.
I read on 6g that a real sensor is in the cylinder head but water and oil temps are back calculated from it. Ie no actual sensors for those.

Happy to be corrected.
It's called the ICM (INFORMATION CENTER MODULE) it reads off High speed can straight from the PCM, only PIDs for it are Turbo press ( for pressure and vacuum) EOT and oil press. As far as the Wiring Diagrams go CHT is really the only real temp sensor but other are there as fuel temp Air temps and so on.
Not including Axle and trans.
Sponsored