Sponsored

Gauges set up!

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I ordered a prosport evo premium oost gauge and fuel pressure gauge that I want to install sometime soon. I've read the threads related to wiring for gauges, watched a couple videos, etc. I wanted to ask where you guys were tapping for constant 12v power (or are you running a wire to the battery) and accessory power, and if anyone was actually wiring for the dimmer switch. I see reference to wiring the dimmer switch, but please bear with me as I struggle with wiring. If anyone has an answer or can point me to a thread or something, I would appreciate it.

Edit: they sent me 2 fuel gauges. I guess I have a few days to figure out the wiring while I wait on the boost gauge to ship. Frustrating.
I have the same two guages: right now just prosport digital boost
Sponsored

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I have the same two guages: right now just prosport digital boost
Do you remember how you wired it or where you looked for the info? I had a nightmare once in the past where I tried to tap a fuse and bent some contacts under the fuse box that resulted in some of the wildest issues imaginable lol.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Do you remember how you wired it or where you looked for the info? I had a nightmare once in the past where I tried to tap a fuse and bent some contacts under the fuse box that resulted in some of the wildest issues imaginable lol.
it is fusebox wired with something like this 15A fuse tap

https://www.amazon.com/JABINCO-Circuit-Adapter-Blade-Holder/dp/B0827L4HH9/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2JGGBFVS0B3IO&keywords=15A+fuse+tap&qid=1653483589&sprefix=15a+fuse+tap,aps,205&sr=8-3

I didn't hook it up but the auto dim function and everything works

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Okay, I'm back. I am trying to figure out where to tap/splice for 12v accessory power. I bought an add a fuse but it isn't the right size (mini) so if I can just splice a wire that would be great.

Edit: gauge is prosport evo premium with wires for 12v constant, accessory 12v, and dimmer. I assume the accessory is what I need for basic power when the car turns on/accessory is on and the constant is just for memory settings.

Edit: so I wrapped a wire around fuse 2 in the passenger fuse box for accessory, wrapped one around fuse 3 for constant 12v, and ran a ground next to the fuse box. Gauge isn't getting power though, but the fuse 2(power windows) is good because the windows work. Any ideas?

20220530_151042.jpg

20220530_151055.jpg

Edit again: tried changing accessory to fuse 53, cigar lighter, in the engine bay. Still no power. Is it my ground? I am just trying to find the right places to run wire, I will clean it up once I know it works.

Edit: I figured it out. The damn harness for the gauge has the accessory wire and the ground wire colors switched.

One more edit: what size is the fuel line? I need to get a t fitting for my fuel pressure gauge.
Sponsored

Last edited: