Sponsored

Garage Floor Surfaces

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
$2k - nope.

Just a little over $1k - no BS.

We have a 2 car attached garage w/14ft ceiling - the floor print measured 20' wide and 21' deep. It was 420 tiles all together, plus another 20 edges for the entrance onto floor.

They are 12"x12" tiles and you can design the floor on the website - you put in your measurements of garage, then design floor and it calculates exact tiles needed.

We bought from the web site I am including below and also used the 25% off deal at the time (last May), so that's how we saved a good amount of cash. Based on our extensive research before buying and reading TONS of Customer reviews on the retailers site (and looking at customer supplied pictures), the quality was high, customers were extremely satisfied and the tiles looked exactly like all designs Race Deck offered...

When the boxes were delivered, they all had the Race Deck, Snaplock Industries and Duragrid logos and the actual address of Race Deck, even though the online site does not state the manufacturer of the tiles. I believe the website is a distributor of Race Deck and is able to keep costs low due to extremely high volume sales.

Here ya go, go design & price!!:
http://www.garageflooringinc.com

Customer service was awesome too!! We even ordered their free samples prior to purchasing just to see quality and colors we chose - I'd recommend the retailer (and tiles) to anyone on here looking to do a nice floor.

Just another FYI - we received local quotes to do epoxy and the costs exceeded $2500+ from multiple businesses. After reading how many people are satisfied with Race Deck tiles on the above site AND on here www.garagejournal.com - we made the decision to do the same... And I'd do it all over again too...

Regarding spills, etc - The tiles do not sit flush onto cement garage floor, meaning if fluids spill and seep below, there is passages for air - so no worries. ** Let me clarify, the tiles when installed DO sit flat - but they are designed with channels/ridges underneath to allow passage of air and its part of the tile support structure. ** You can also easily lift the tiles to clean up a major spill and/or replace tiles if wanting to change design, etc.

We have received lots of compliments from the neighbors, family and friends. Super easy to clean, maintain, it looks great and you can really "take it up and move it" if ever deciding to relocate. :D
It says not to use jacks but curious about jack stands myself. I am about to pull the trigger on these tiles in the next couple of weeks:thumbsup:
The Racedeck is a one and done. The way you can design it online first is great. It will support a jack as well as jack stands. For those in the North they even have flow through tiles. (which you can also interchange with solid ones) Got mine for a real good price on Black Friday. Main color was a John Deer Green they had a surplus of. I have the 18" tiles

upload_2019-5-23_20-9-4.png
Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I wanted a grabber blue in the tuffshiwld, I got the regular blue. But let me tell you, the day they release a light blue.

All over it. Will replace the pieces right now

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Great thread!

I'm moving to a new spot soon (live in the bay area) and want to put some work into the garage for my track car's new home.
Along with painting and some workspace upgrades, I'm thinking about doing a RaceDeck install. The first pic is very similar to
my garage space and I like the look of it. I also like the red accents of the next pic. The third one is what's going in it.

My question to the community is what is everyone's opinion of RaceDeck? I would like to avoid epoxy-coating as its permanent.
Are there any pointers or things I should look out for? The landscape fabric thing is a good idea.

Thanks for your help!
20191125_151631.jpg

20191125_151614.jpg

Afternoon Turn 3-NC1_3312_May0419_CaliPhoto-MOD.jpg

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Great thread!

I'm moving to a new spot soon (live in the bay area) and want to put some work into the garage for my track car's new home.
Along with painting and some workspace upgrades, I'm thinking about doing a RaceDeck install. The first pic is very similar to
my garage space and I like the look of it. I also like the red accents of the next pic. The third one is what's going in it.

My question to the community is what is everyone's opinion of RaceDeck? I would like to avoid epoxy-coating as its permanent.
Are there any pointers or things I should look out for? The landscape fabric thing is a good idea.

Thanks for your help!
20191125_151631.jpg

20191125_151614.jpg

Afternoon Turn 3-NC1_3312_May0419_CaliPhoto-MOD.jpg
Best time to buy Racedeck Tiles is this Friday. Got an email a couple of days ago.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAKE YOUR GARAGE THE
COOLEST ON THE BLOCK™

With Black Friday Deals on
RaceDeck Garage Flooring

For 8 hours only, RaceDeck is giving you the sweetest deals on
your dream garage. Don't get stuck shopping at the mall, design
your garage floor
today!

Black Friday, November 29, 2019
9:00 am mt – 5:00 pm mt

Huge holiday discount specials, blowouts, and free shipping*.
Call for exclusive pricing:

[email protected] | www.racedeck.com

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I should have never opened this thread....

I'd love to Race Deck my shop, but at 1,000 sq ft it would be pricey. Not to mention a nightmare to clear the place out to do it. And I don't know about welding around it.

Sure looks awesome though....

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Best time to buy Racedeck Tiles is this Friday. Got an email a couple of days ago.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAKE YOUR GARAGE THE
COOLEST ON THE BLOCK™

With Black Friday Deals on
RaceDeck Garage Flooring

For 8 hours only, RaceDeck is giving you the sweetest deals on
your dream garage. Don't get stuck shopping at the mall, design
your garage floor
today!

Black Friday, November 29, 2019
9:00 am mt – 5:00 pm mt

Huge holiday discount specials, blowouts, and free shipping*.
Call for exclusive pricing:

[email protected] | www.racedeck.com
This is great man, thanks for the heads up! I will reach out to them asap!

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should have never opened this thread....

I'd love to Race Deck my shop, but at 1,000 sq ft it would be pricey. Not to mention a nightmare to clear the place out to do it. And I don't know about welding around it.

Sure looks awesome though....
Hey I did 1150sf. like I said they run a big deal on Black friday might call and check prices. The cool thing is if you know your measurements you can design the floor before you buy.

Last edited:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Re-cap, I did the Black Friday deal and it was unbelievably reasonable. Since then I've been fine tuning it with all my car parts, auto art and misc crap lol.
20200714_170149.jpg
20200714_170356.jpg

Kinda hard to see the tiles with my car parked but you can get the idea.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Re-cap, I did the Black Friday deal and it was unbelievably reasonable. Since then I've been fine tuning it with all my car parts, auto art and misc crap lol.
20200714_170149.jpg
20200714_170356.jpg

Kinda hard to see the tiles with my car parked but you can get the idea.
Looks good!! :like:

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I have looked into the RaceDeck flooring for a two car standard garage. These are 12"x12"x1/2" interlocking modules, that can have different colors and designs. For my garage, the cost was $1800, and I do the labor. The cost of doing the floor in epoxy by a firm that specializes in this type of labor was $1200. Because of the ease in cleaning an epoxy floor, I am more inclined to go in this direction; unless someone has some bad stories about these types of floors.
I am using the race deck as a game room basement floor. ATM.
I have used it in a few garages worked great no issues.
Around holidays they have sales.
I have had epoxy floors in garages, problem is when they chip or start to fail, you are redoing the whole thing.
The race deck, you pull up a 12x12 square and replace it.
Only epoxy jobs I have ever seen last was on new slabs. or garages that only thing that happens is the vehicles drive in, and drive out. no work is done in the garage.
On an old slab. PREP is king. labor is not cheap. Make sure if you go epoxy, the people you hire are going to do the required prep. needed. at 1200.00 quote , I am thinking no.
edit: just noticed this thread post is from 2016. oops.
That quote might have been fine in 2016.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just poured my garage floor today. It is going to be a place to work on cars, bikes and metal. It has a slick finish. Was thinking of either doing epoxy or a densifier/sealer. The sealer is cheaper and seems like it will hold up to the rigors of metalworking and welding better but may still stain from chemicals. Honestly, I did nothing on my last garage floor with a slick finish and it was barely stained after 20 years. What are your experiences? Enable?
Well, my garage - the images posted , the floor is the race deck tiles, the standard cement slab is below the tile.

As far as working on the tile - no issues with clean up. Spilled products and fluids are quite easy to wipe up even if they lay on the surface for a prolonged period and nothing has stained the surface (yet). I've sprayed carb cleaner, fuel injection cleaner, on them - wipes right up with no staining. Spilled brake fluid, gasoline, coolant, grease, silicone, even the silver anti-seize thread compound, paint, etc - again, it all wiped right up.

That tile has been installed since the original post in here, so quite a few years now. I use Mr. Clean floor cleaner and a mop to go over the entire floor maybe 2-4x a year, that's it. Other than spraying Simple Green to clean up messes, the floor is really a maintenance free flooring system. I just use a broom or small battery powered leaf blower to blow surface debris off the floor and out of the garage 98% of the time.

Since the tile is a type of ABS plastic (or comprised of other plastic materials), I don't think welding slag will be a good thing if it lands on the tile. I'd suspect there may be very tiny burns or marks if the slag is still smoldering. Things like leaving s hot soldering iron on the tile, sure it will melt a mark into the tile since it's hot, or as said above, welding slag that is still smoldering. It's not like it will burn through the tile, you may just see tiny imperfections over time.

I've dropped heavy tools on it - dragged things across it, for the most part the tools will bounce, maybe there's minor scuffs or tiny dings here and there, but viewing it from 3-5ft, you're not even going to see it.... and if it's a "working garage", who cares if the floor gets some abuse - that's what it's there for anyhow.

As far as using a floor jack and lifting a vehicle, I just put a small piece of plywood under the floor jack - almost same size as floor jack profile just so the wheels don't dig into the tile surface. I don't think this is absolutely necessary, but that's just what I do when jacking up the car. My jack stands, I have old squares of carpet I just throw under them (because the stands don't have a square flat bottom, but legs with sharp corners) and I do this if I know the car will be in the air overnight or prolonged period of time. I had my Brother's prior F150 lifted and sitting on stands on these tiles and there wasn't any issue with surface damage. But like I said, that's just me being overly cautious OCD.... even though it's a "working garage"... LOL.
Sponsored