Sponsored

Future value

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I read threw this and think , my moded might be worth nothing or maybe something . I don't care it is driver , and one hell of a ride at that . So with that said ........ My dad bought a prowler in 97 for 43k . It has less then 1k on it . It has now been passed down , my dad passed 10 years ago . What's the car and matching trailer worth ? About what he paid ..... I will drive it , but not much and pass it down . Point is they only built 457 of them with 61 of them for crash test and corporate use . It hasn't gain much value , what will a mustang do in 25 years ?
IMG_0094.jpg
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I read threw this and think , my moded might be worth nothing or maybe something . I don't care it is driver , and one hell of a ride at that . So with that said ........ My dad bought a prowler in 97 for 43k . It has less then 1k on it . It has now been passed down , my dad passed 10 years ago . What's the car and matching trailer worth ? About what he paid ..... I will drive it , but not much and pass it down . Point is they only built 457 of them with 61 of them for crash test and corporate use . It hasn't gain much value , what will a mustang do in 25 years ?
IMG_0094.jpg
Problem with the Prowler is that it was only a design exercise, all show but no go…
3.5 V6 with a miserly 250hp and 6/7 For 0-60
I believe that they build around 12.000 in the 5 years or so that they were sold
With a hot v8, they would have been amazing

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Problem with the Prowler is that it was only a design exercise, all show but no go…
3.5 V6 with a miserly 250hp and 6/7 For 0-60
I believe that they build around 12.000 in the 5 years or so that they were sold
With a hot v8, they would have been amazing
Correct about 11.5 in the 5 year run and yes a design exercise. But with only 214 hp for 97 and a 50 50 weight balance at 2800 lbs .it might be slow but handles like a slot car . Sometimes you have to think less is more ........ Trust me my daily is north of 750 rwhp .

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Mass produced S550, that isn't a "Limited Edition" with heritage placard or documented by a Certificate #x of #xx,xxx from Ford ...

Unfortunately to be of any "value", it would have to be very unique and stand out from its same counterparts.

Exterior colors on cookie cutters could be unique if there were really low quantity built of that color. But aside from the color, what else would set it apart or would make it unique enough for someone in the future to pay big $$$?

It's subjective really. Sure, as the saying goes "there's an ass for every seat" - but to lure that person in and make them part with their cash at a higher than normal market valuation - it has to be:
- Unique exterior color
- Unique interior/exterior option equipped (every single option vs. none or just a few)
- Low confirmed production count
- Completely mothballed without any driven miles, dealer prep, plastics, docs or labeling removed from the vehicle as it came off the assembly line and as it came off the transport.

Now of course if the cookie cutter has prominent first ownership by a Celeb or someone amazing, then certainly it automatically comes with a higher premium.... LOL.
One interesting thing about a GT and any notion of future value is that the GTs can be optioned in so many ways that the chances of getting a rare car increases. Even though they get more expensive as you climb the Mustang hierarchy, the options list shrinks so much I wonder if a 1-of-1 car can be had.

A while back I ordered a full Marti report on my '15 just for kicks, and was astonished to learn that it's a 1-of-1 car. It's 1-of-69 considering the factors that mattered to me, which is still rarer than my former GT500. Will that make it worth anything down the road? Probably not in my lifetime. However, I have a friend that works at a local collector car dealer that moves dozens of cars a month who has encouraged me multiple times to hang onto it when I've thought about moving it. The stinker is that I've modified it, but all of it is 100% reversible, and I have all the OEM parts tucked away in my shop attic. It's pristine and won't crack 13K miles before winter hits, so who knows what the future brings.

All the electronics and the longevity thereof concerns me though....

the best way to make money on a car is get them after they've depreciated to their lowest right before that generation gains a following. happens all the time if you know what to look for.
Yep. Wish I would have been hunting Fox bodies 5-10 years ago versus now....

Sponsored

FlipC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip (Flip)
Vehicle(s)
65-GT350,66-GT350,67-GT350, 2020-GT350R Heritage
Vehicle Showcase
Cars are not investments...
Bull Butter Cars are Not Investments! I have collecting cars for 40+ Years! They are Great Investments if you buy the right ones!

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Bull Butter Cars are Not Investments! I have collecting cars for 40+ Years! They are Great Investments if you buy the right ones!
That does sound familiar to buying assets on the stock market :)

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Edit- A new car mass produced car is not an investment. You will never recoup you total cost of ownership. Insurance, interest, registration, gas, tires, oil changes and misc maintenance will eat away at any equity you may happen to see 40 years from now on Mustang, whether is a GT or GT500. (Unless your serial #1)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Edit- A new car mass produced car is not an investment. You will never recoup you total cost of ownership. Insurance, interest, registration, gas, tires, oil changes and misc maintenance will eat away at any equity you may happen to see 40 years from now on Mustang, whether is a GT or GT500. (Unless your serial #1)
Thank you, Debbie Downer…. :cwl: LOL.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I wonder what the value of a Mustang GT will be in 20 -30 years when most cars are electric or hydrogen powered. First of all, it may be difficult to get gas.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Meh, keeping miles of it, is silly, drive it and enjoy it.
Too many folks try to save the good in a car for later only to have a storm, fire,etc make it a paperweight.
Drive the wheels off it, but care for it, and service it. and miles of smiles, your next generation in the family will not have a connection to it, if they only see it parked, they need to be riding in it with you. That is where the want to keep dads car comes from. not looking at it sit in the garage.

Schnder95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Roush S/N 22-0001 TP
I have serial #1 and the only one of the 40 they made this year with the active carbon fiber spoiler.
Sponsored