Future value

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Oem it is i do watch barret Jackson and see all original bring ing more money the full custom and your right with gt's they are a de a dozen and not many are original and yellow well we are special thanks for all the comments this forums\website is amazing lots of good people out here even you haters lol 😆
Good point on the color. Yellow is one of those love or hate it colors. Many will stay away from it but others will pay a premium of a unique color in excellent original condition..

Ps. I’m a lover! :like:
Sponsored

Djetok

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1
no mods tells the next owner "okay they probably didn't street race this thing" but that's about it.
finding an unmolested mustang GT from 20 years ago is pretty rare so i guess that's worth something but if you put 150K on it all that goes out the window anyhow.

most mods are reversible. box up the stock parts if you're worried about it.

mustangs are not special and the same goes for the GT's. I suspect the PP cars (and HPP EB) will retain more value but at the end of the day its a bang for the buck grand tourer.

just enjoy it.
Agree completely with this. I almost bought a 97 cobra with 14k miles a couple years ago for 19k off the SVT forums. Clean untouched car. That car a couple of months ago gets 25k?

OP
OP
Kz mustang

Kz mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2021 grabber yellow GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just buy some stocks/crypto/real estate as an investment and then do whatever you want to your car 👍
Spoken like someone born after 1990 lol sorry but you don't get it it's the car not the money when your driving a tesla on Sunday 50-60 years down my son may be driving a half million dollar mustang by you sucking Dino juice lol sorry

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kz mustang

Kz mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2021 grabber yellow GT
Vehicle Showcase
If It is a garage queen that you are holding for an investment. Stock imho. Are you an active exhaust? If not, adding a cat back and keeping your stock exhaust would be a non-issue.
No active she does see garage time but she ain't no queen hahaha

OP
OP
Kz mustang

Kz mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2021 grabber yellow GT
Vehicle Showcase
And try and currently find six speed 5.0 total base model grabber yellow for sale right now

OP
OP
Kz mustang

Kz mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2021 grabber yellow GT
Vehicle Showcase
If it is just pure bolt on you can always keep the original exhaust parts and return it to stock whenever you feel like it...
A near stock car will always be more sought after than a highly modded one. But that doesn't mean it will be worth a lot of money. 10, 15, 20 years from now the cars that are stock or near stock levels will be the ones people want to buy.

I think you are ok to do small mods like exhaust or wheels. Of course just hang on to the stock parts.
Exactly cuz at barret Jackson a numbers matching 60's era anything brings big dollars

Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Spoken like someone born after 1990 lol sorry but you don't get it it's the car not the money when your driving a tesla on Sunday 50-60 years down my son may be driving a half million dollar mustang by you sucking Dino juice lol sorry
Your original post said "what will hold its value better"....so you are in fact talking about the money. And you followed that up with "half million dollar mustang" so clearly you do care about the money.
And if you plan to keep it in the family, whether or not you plan to put an exhaust on it would only matter to you and your son.

I was merely offering some insight to how I understood your original post. Not sure why you're getting defensive about this.

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
I mean...if you're trying to use the car as an investment, it is about the money. If you took what you spent on the mustang, invested it and just waited 50-60 years, you'd have more than half a million with a below average return anyway. Even if everything turns to crap even more, you still have a better shot at making a lot more money there than hoping a base model GT is worth that much.

The base model cars are (to me) only good IF you mod them. They're a blank canvas just waiting for you to make them into what you want. I say enjoy the car however you want and mod it however you want and don't worry about anything else...especially if you're planning on keeping it anyway.

As a disclaimer, not born after 1990, will never own a tesla.
Oh and everyone knows triple yellow is far greater than grabber yellow so if any color will be worth more, it's mine =P.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
these where all 400K and up.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
No one knows, only speculation from the past, but the future always holds different factors.
The next generation may have no interest, LOL
Sponsored