Formula 1 talk.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Well, so much for the hope that Mercedes might have a good car this year. They clearly don't. :frown:

Bearman was really impressive. Eighteen years old, his first ever F1 race, starts eleventh and finishes seventh... Unbefrickinglievable. He won't be a reserve for long, that's for sure.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well, so much for the hope that Mercedes might have a good car this year. They clearly don't. :frown:

Bearman was really impressive. Eighteen years old, his first ever F1 race, starts eleventh and finishes seventh... Unbefrickinglievable. He won't be a reserve for long, that's for sure.
Frederic? Hello Federic, this is Toto. Here you have another Brit that I might be interested in…….. :giggle:

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
I know it’s early but at this rate, Mercedes will be 3rd or 4th in the constructors championship by the end of the season.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I know it’s early but at this rate, Mercedes will be 3rd or 4th in the constructors championship by the end of the season.
I’ll admit I certainly expected more from Mercedes out of the box, but like you said, it’s early. As expected, but not hoped for, RB has nailed it. The folks at Liberty Media must be pissed. Another runaway year and attendance/viewership will certainly suffer.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’m not going to dump on Merc.. Hamilton actually called it last season when he was saying RB is on another level. Stated look at where they are and they haven’t updated the car since Aug. and there already on next years car. It’s fair to say these teams probably have some of the best minds on the planet when it comes to aero and etc.. It shows just how difficult it is to make up ground. If Liberty or the FIA tried to introduce bop I’d be out. I don’t think Max doing very well hurts anything, I do however think the new found popularity of F1 and venue’s jacking ticket price’s will be a much bigger deterent with fans.

I’ll admit I certainly expected more from Mercedes out of the box, but like you said, it’s early. As expected, but not hoped for, RB has nailed it. The folks at Liberty Media must be pissed. Another runaway year and attendance/viewership will certainly suffer.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Of course, designing and building an F1 car isn't easy. What amazes me though is that Mercedes, which is an automotive giant, with over a century of experience, during which it has built some of the most exquisite vehicles in history, and which I'm sure employs some of the brightest minds in automotive engineering, can't do it, while a company that's only famous for making a caffeinated soft drink can.
That, to me, is like McDonald's starting to make high-end professional laptops and kicking Apple's ass. How is this possible?

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; The very young Bearman is a Ferrari driver now. He has lots of potential as demonstrated by stepping in on short notice. Not the same as a series of F1 races to be sure, but I think I read that he has done well in other formulas.
So, some boss at Ferrari who negotiated a likely expensive deal with a declining Hamilton may be hiding in a stairwell this week. They already had Bearman around and likely had him at much less cost. Wonder how much it might cost them to get out of the Hamilton deal?

But it is Ferrari after all.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I've read about this numerous times. If this goes forward the repercussions could be interesting to say the least. Can you say 2021 Abu Dhabi

felipe-massa-legal-fight-f1-bernie-ecclestone-2008-lewis-hamilton-title
Hello; A difference exists. The 2021 case is already settled and gone thru. Hamilton lost that one already. But lets say somehow both cases go. If Massa gets his wish Hamilton loses a championship. If the 2021 case goes Hamiltons way he gains back one but remains in the same position he is in now.

A key difference remains that Hamilton or his agents has attempted to reverse 2021 results and failed. Ought to be done and dusted. Grasping at straws.

Sponsored

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Doesn’t the blame go more to Ferrari for bumbling the pit stop? Blame also goes to Renault and Flavio. Other teams earned points for that race which means they earned $$$. What happens if they lose the points? Seems like a bigger can of worms is gonna be opened if this goes through.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Watching the 2008 Singapore race, totally Ferrari’s fault for the pit stop and also an unsafe release in front of Sutil. Massa almost crashed into him. Now, if Piquet didn’t crash, there would have been a safety car anyway because Barichello stopped on track because his car died. Barichello pitted during the SC and car died right after. Honestly, FOM should just give Massa the $$$ he would have made had he been the WDC but not give him the WDC. Can’t strip Hamilton of the WDC because he did nothing wrong.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Hello; So true. Try to explain this to those who wish to strip Max of his first championship. Same situation in that max did nothing wrong.
I’ve read that Lewis talked to Max and didn’t blame him and he would have done the same thing if the situation was reversed. Masi to blame.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I’ve read that Lewis talked to Max and didn’t blame him and he would have done the same thing if the situation was reversed. Masi to blame.
Hello; The powers that be fired Masi. Good or bad, fair or foul is for each of us to decide. I happen to think he made a good call. Finish a race with the racers actually racing sort of thing. The uproar from Hamilton and his fans presented the need for a scapegoat.
Sponsored