Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You can never, ever put saint and winner in the same sentence. šŸ‘
Agreed. But there's a slight difference between winning because you're aggressive and make use of every opportunity (something all winners do to a certain degree), and winning because the referee ostentatiously fixed the game in your favour.

Using your hand to score a goal in a soccer game, hoping that the referee won't see it, is one thing. If you're lucky and he does indeed not see it, well, good for you. That's how the game works, like it or not.
But if the referee specifically says, "now you may use your hand, I will allow it, because I want you to score", that's a totally different story.

Last edited:

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Letā€™s move on.
I think Merc need to update the car or do something. Similar to last year when they got rid of the zeropods for traditional sidepods, but sooner. Hamilton wasnā€™t pulling away from Piastri and couldnā€™t get close enough to Norris to pass.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Agreed. But there's a slight difference between winning because you're aggressive and make use of every opportunity (something all winners do to a certain degree), and winning because the referee ostentatiously fixed the game in your favour.

Using your hand to score a goal in a soccer game, hoping that the referee won't see it, is one thing. If you're lucky and he does indeed not see it, well, good for you. That's how the game works, like it or not.
But if the referee specifically says, "now you may use your hand, I will allow it, because I want you to score", that's a totally different story.
Hello; Since there is no letting this go allow me to rebut. The issue with a ref or other official is if they apply their authority unevenly. Easy enough to see in a football game ( a real NFL type or the other kind) as a penalty is applied most often to only one team. (sometimes there are offsetting penalties during the same play, but the penalty may be unique to a team.)

In racing and very much in particular the ruling which has disgruntled some few of you, the particular ruling was applied equally to all teams in the running for top spots. Not applied unevenly as the time Hamilton "punted" Max off the track and was not charged with a foul. Both top teams had equal opportunity to pit for tires or decide to keep track position. Max's team took the chance to lose track position and take new tires. He had to come from behind and pass other cars to get the lead.
Clearly I rehash the event to no avail. No minds will be changed. In an odd way of thinking Hamilton will forever have been cheated in some mind sets. Almost similar to the mind set which can surround a winning last shot in a basketball game. Somehow those last two or perhaps three points count more than the first two points scored in the first minute of the game. Say the last shot was the only time that particular player scored all game. Do not the points many other players scored in the other 39 minutes and 59 seconds make the foundation of the game?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Letā€™s move on.
I think Merc need to update the car or do something. Similar to last year when they got rid of the zeropods for traditional sidepods, but sooner. Hamilton wasnā€™t pulling away from Piastri and couldnā€™t get close enough to Norris to pass.
They have a downforce issue. Toto said it might be inherent to the design. Theyā€™re working on it. :facepalm: :facepalm:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolff-has-new-mindset-over-mercedes-f1-recovery/10586827/

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:

Sponsored