Formula 1 talk.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
FIA’s Formula 1 executive director and secretary general for sport has resigned and replaced by Toto Wolff advisor.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1004359/1/fias-most-senior-f1-official-leaves-replaced-exwolff-advisor

Will her first act be to add energy drinks to the banned sponsors list like alcohol and tobacco OR to make driver jewelry mandatory?
Nope, giving back Lewis his well deserved 8th championship that Masi stole from him. 3, 2, 1...............
Sponsored

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Nope, giving back Lewis his well deserved 7th championship that Masi stole from him. 3, 2, 1...............
I think you meant 8th, but....

Then Masi gets reinstated and promptly declares Villeneuve was actually at fault in the Schumacher collision and therefore Shumacher be reinstated in that championship and JV loses his points for that race, thus leaving Lewis still shy of most championships. 6, 5, 4.......

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Nope, giving back Lewis his well deserved 7th championship that Masi stole from him. 3, 2, 1...............
Hello; Did we not already go thru this. Lewis was passed and beaten on the track. I saw it happen on my TV.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
As much as I give Hamster a ration of shxt, he’s a fantastic driver. If things don’t turn around for him in a major way I don’t think he’ll be around after this season. I’d actually be surprised to see Vettel around after this season as well. And I don’t think Alonso is far behind, or out of the question to.

Nope, giving back Lewis his well deserved 8th championship that Masi stole from him. 3, 2, 1...............

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
As much as I give Hamster a ration of shxt, he’s a fantastic driver. If things don’t turn around for him in a major way I don’t think he’ll be around after this season. I’d actually be surprised to see Vettel around after this season as well. And I don’t think Alonso is far behind, or out of the question to.
on one hand I agree with you, I don’t see Lewis running around mid pack for a few years like Rossi did. If he can’t compete for wins I think he’d retire…. On the other hand I really think he wants that number 8…

I think Vettel is done also this year, I’d really be surprised as well if he does another year.

Also think Gasly is going to take D Rics seat.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. Lewis wants the 8th of course, but if Mercedes cannot give him a car to get it then why bother. He certainly doesn’t need the money.

I feel for both Vettel and Alonso. Great drivers whose time has come. Just like Kimi, it’s time. I think Daniel still has some great drives in him and it’s been fun watching Bottas do well. But it’s time for the new kids to take over. Change is inevitable.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Now Hamilton is co-producing an F1 movie starring Brad Pitt. I hope he can resist the temptation to cast Pee Wee Herman as Verstappen.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
One thing I don't like about F1 is the overlooking of simple solutions.

Enough about porpoising being hard on the back!

1655043179918.png

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Decent race. Max made up for last years disaster and Checo was a strong 2nd. Ferrari is imploding, again. George keeps proving he was the right choice for Mercedes. And they really have to do something with Lewis' car before Canada. High speed, bumpy street course will kill him.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Decent race. Max made up for last years disaster and Checo was a strong 2nd. Ferrari is imploding, again. George keeps proving he was the right choice for Mercedes. And they really have to do something with Lewis' car before Canada. High speed, bumpy street course will kill him.
Well Canada has been a bad place for Lewis in the past.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Enough about Lewis. I heard the moderators talking about how great he has been. As can be seen now it was the cars he happened to be in that made the difference. Russell in a nearly identical car has been out doing him right along this year. Louis was better than Botas in the previous versions of the MB, but now Russell is the better suited to the new car. Put a number of drivers in a superior car and they can do just as well. Louis was very lucky to have had the seats he has over time. He made the switch to MB at just the right time a few years ago. Appears he will be the #2 driver behind Russell if things keep playing out as they have been so far. My unsupported guess is he will quit before becoming regularly referred to as a former champion.

About the harsh ride. From what I can tell MB is trying to get some modification of the rules. That being since they cannot fix the cars under the budget caps, they may be trying to get some sort of ride height rule applied to all cars. That has been a theme. This bouncy ride is hard on our drivers back so everybody needs to raise the ride height. It is my understanding they can raise the ride height any time they wish already to protect the drivers, but will be even slower.

Ferrari is the car to beat if they do not break. Are they in grid penalty now with the engine failure? Even the RB has issues late in the race. For some reason Max could not use the rear wing flap, but he was far enough ahead so it did not matter.

I have a question or two. I get the battery power unit is a sort of nod to the green/woke. My question is maybe two parts. What percentage of the pace can be attributed to the battery unit compared to the ICE engine? I get that the battery can be partly recharged by braking but am not sure if they use ICE energy also. So, the complexity of that power unit along with the added weight ought to be a detriment unless somehow the power is significant.
I can see how a spurt of power from the battery helps at times and is perhaps the second part of my question. I gather the driver gets to pick the place to use the power to perhaps either help pass or defend. I still do not see the benefit of that complicated power unit in an all out race. My guess is a pure ICE would be quicker and maybe more reliable. They do a "push to pass" thing in INDY cars.

One last thing. Is the battery sort of like a capacitor or a regular battery?
Sponsored