Formula 1 talk.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Wrong tire choice or not by Aston, Alonso was to far behind Verstappen. He was so good for so long on the mediums he could have gone on the softs if he needed to barring the rain. Have to give it to Redbull to actually ask the guy driving the car which tire he needed. How outside the box that was.

Hello; Yeah, I do not know if Alonzo could have passed the RB, but that extra pit stop hurt. Guess it was worth a shot.
Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Wrong tire choice or not by Aston, Alonso was to far behind Verstappen. He was so good for so long on the mediums he could have gone on the softs if he needed to barring the rain. Have to give it to Redbull to actually ask the guy driving the car which tire he needed. How outside the box that was.
Redbull is untouchable this year and probably will be till ‘26. I don’t foresee anyone being able to do anything to beat them. Their car is so far ahead of everyone else that there won’t be any competition.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Whoa. What day is it. Tuesday?!

IDK what happened. I was watching the Monaco GP when...I must have dozed off.

Lots of good ideas to either remove the race or change it. Maybe make...

Friday: something historical. Previous race winners meet fans, displays and demos of older cars.

Saturday: current racers and teams meet fans. Same overall concept as Friday.

Sunday: Go-karts. Drivers randomly pulled out of a hat to determine grid position and they race. No points. Several ideas for $, charities and tying all that to the "race". Focus is on fun and being part of something bigger. Something of a Summer break.

Last edited:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Monaco just needs more opportunities for passing and it will be tons better.

Whether it is changing the length to add longer DRS or wider areas...it needs it badly.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Think it is pretty telling that we had a grand prix and no comments...lol.

At least MB seems to be going forward.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lol. Verstappen put on a clinic. I still don’t think he’s pushed his car to the limit yet.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I liked that Verstappen went for fastest lap after the team told him not to because he had already received maximum warnings for track limits.

If he had exceeded track limits going for fastest lap, he would have lost the race had a safety car situation came and went in the remaining 5 laps and Hamilton could stay within the 5 second penalty after the safety car.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
I honestly thought Mercedes were going to try a one stop. Red Bulls were losing grip on the hards so they had to pit. Mercedes could have stuck it out on the mediums and hope that Red Bulls didn’t catch up by the end of the race.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
What was the gap at the end of the race?

I honestly thought Mercedes were going to try a one stop. Red Bulls were losing grip on the hards so they had to pit. Mercedes could have stuck it out on the mediums and hope that Red Bulls didn’t catch up by the end of the race.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Just got back from vacation and catching up now. Watched Monaco yesterday. A relative snoozer but with Max in a difficult universe that’s no surprise. Watching Spain now. I know the outcome and agree MB is certainly looking better. Is a three way race for #2.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Why can't F1 do something to make the cars more even, competitive? Redbull is too good and it's making me uninterested.
Nascar is more fun to watch lately.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Why can't F1 do something to make the cars more even, competitive? Redbull is too good and it's making me uninterested.
Nascar is more fun to watch lately.
It’s always been this way. You have the leaders, the midfield, and the back markers. The money prevents it from being any other way. Today it’s Red Bull, a couple of years ago it was Mercedes. In the past it was Williams, McLaren and Ferrari. Unless there is a major overhaul on the financial side of the business things will never change.

If you want to see more competitive open wheel racing try Indycar. They offer great racing and drivers.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
It’s always been this way. You have the leaders, the midfield, and the back markers. The money prevents it from being any other way. Today it’s Red Bull, a couple of years ago it was Mercedes. In the past it was Williams, McLaren and Ferrari. Unless there is a major overhaul on the financial side of the business things will never change.

If you want to see more competitive open wheel racing try Indycar. They offer great racing and drivers.
I get it, all about the money. I just really think F1 should change the rules or they will eventually lose too many viewers. They are trying to grow the sport no?
Sponsored