Sponsored

Fore Wiring 2018 GT

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
So - this is the wiring diagram I got for the FPDM. I started trying to use the yellow with gray stripe wire that is always mentioned here. It wouldn't prime or put out any voltage. I made sure the connection to that wire in the FPDM was good with an ohmmeter prior to powering the car back up. I could get them to run constant with key on with the purple with green stripe wire.

I used the yellow/gray stripe on my 2015. What changed? No 12v signal and no prime with that to the Fore FC2 power block.

What can I do here? I want key on priming, not full power all the time the keys on. What have you guys been doing?

I used t-taps into the wires listed above and verified continuity to the FC2 with the battery unhooked and an ohmmeter so I know there was continuity. I left the FPDM plugged in and did not sever the wire going into the FPDM plug. Is that my error?

Thanks!
FPDM wiring.JPG
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I used yellow/grey wire on my 18, I did completely cut the line. Make sure the fuse is back in.

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I'll try cutting the wire I guess - maybe that's what's happening. I spliced into my 15 the same way no problem- but who knows? Worth a shot I guess.

Which fuse are you referring to? I assume you mean the main power wire fuse - and thats good (I can run the pumps full on if I just use the constant power wire from the FPDM.)

Last edited:

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I'll try cutting the wire I guess - maybe that's what's happening. I spliced into my 15 the same way no problem- but who knows? Worth a shot I guess.

Which fuse are you referring to? I assume you mean the main power wire fuss - and thats good (I can run the pumps full on if I just use the constant power wire from the FPDM.)
Yeah, I'd say cutting the line is a good next step just to be sure.

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Well. I cut the yellow/gray stripe wire and tapped the cut wire from the ecm side to the remote. Still no voltage or signal on key on. Ohm meter verified continuity to remote block. Maybe the plug from the tank connector thats no longer in use?

Sponsored

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Okay - solution:

Tap with a splice into the yellow wire with gray stripe, but not at the FPDM plug. Use a t-splice (no need to cut the wire) into the yellow wire with gray stripe at the end of the plug going to the fuel pump connector (not plugged in anymore because you unplugged it to run the fore connectors.) Now it will prime with the key. Wow that was a silly problem to have. However, if you want "key on, pumps on" - that purple with green wire tapped at the fpdm will work.

What doesn't work:

Splicing and not cutting it at the fpdm.
Splicing into the cut wire at the fpdm.

Last edited:

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Glad you got it sorted, sucks it was trial and error.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
yes, you just want to t in, glad you sorted it out

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
lolol.....i just went through a rough patch bc of stupid crap like this......like literally......car was towed yesterday.

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
lolol.....i just went through a rough patch bc of stupid crap like this......like literally......car was towed yesterday.
I'm hitting a rough patch with mods too - driveshaft end cap just popped off tonight after the aluminum adapter plate decided "no more" on the threads up front.

If anything above helps ya - cool - if not - let me know what I can do to help!

Sponsored

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
nn
I'm hitting a rough patch with mods too - driveshaft end cap just popped off tonight after the aluminum adapter plate decided "no more" on the threads up front.

If anything above helps ya - cool - if not - let me know what I can do to help!
So listen to this.....the car started after your advice....however, while the car was idling, my mechanic just reached in the back and moved the yellow-gray and violet-green wire around a lil and the car began to choke and sputter so he ordered an oem harness and is just going to wire it in tomorrow to be on the safe side.

My guess is, I fiddled around with that yellow-gray wire more than i should've, or needed to.

Thanks again for this man. For someone like me whose been a "YouTube Mechanic" since June 2016 (when I bought my car) this was a learning experience in which your help was huge. Not to say that everyone else who wired there's right at the fpdm are wrong at all. If it works then it works.

Lets just hope I did everything else the right way. lol update in a week.

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
nn

So listen to this.....the car started after your advice....however, while the car was idling, my mechanic just reached in the back and moved the yellow-gray and violet-green wire around a lil and the car began to choke and sputter so he ordered an oem harness and is just going to wire it in tomorrow to be on the safe side.

My guess is, I fiddled around with that yellow-gray wire more than i should've, or needed to.

Thanks again for this man. For someone like me whose been a "YouTube Mechanic" since June 2016 (when I bought my car) this was a learning experience in which your help was huge. Not to say that everyone else who wired there's right at the fpdm are wrong at all. If it works then it works.

Lets just hope I did everything else the right way. lol update in a week.
Right on man - good luck. I literally just tied into the wire yellow/gray at the old fuel hat plug that's no longer used and made sure I had an excellent connection splice and insulated it to prevent corrosion or coming apart. Hasn't given me any issues to date.

Thanks for the prior above, I like being useful. It doesn't happen all that often lol. I spent my morning re-tapping my DSS aluminum driveshaft flange.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
gqneon, can you post a pic exactly where you tapped into the yellow/gray wire? I have a '18 Whippled car that made 978 RWHP since September 2018 with the full FORE dual pump system using the F2C controller but I've always been tapped into the purple/green wire. I've never had a problem with anything until a week ago when I drove the car to the gas station and put fuel in. I started up and drove off but for the car to cut off on me. Tried to restart it but it wouldn't even start over with the starter...…...almost as if I didn't have the key fob with me. Had to have it towed home. The next morning it started up so I pulled out of the garage but for it to shut it's self off after about 30 minutes of idling. Normal battery voltage is 14.2 running and 12.2 not running. I talked to Rick at FORE and he doesn't think it's the fuel pumps or controller but all I know is that when the pump primes, the car will start right up. Plus with the purple wire, the pump turns on when I open the drivers door with or without the key FOB. FORE told me to use the purple wire too but now I see you guys using the yellow/gray.....is this my problem?

Thanks,

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
gqneon, can you post a pic exactly where you tapped into the yellow/gray wire? I have a '18 Whippled car that made 978 RWHP since September 2018 with the full FORE dual pump system using the F2C controller but I've always been tapped into the purple/green wire. I've never had a problem with anything until a week ago when I drove the car to the gas station and put fuel in. I started up and drove off but for the car to cut off on me. Tried to restart it but it wouldn't even start over with the starter...…...almost as if I didn't have the key fob with me. Had to have it towed home. The next morning it started up so I pulled out of the garage but for it to shut it's self off after about 30 minutes of idling. Normal battery voltage is 14.2 running and 12.2 not running. I talked to Rick at FORE and he doesn't think it's the fuel pumps or controller but all I know is that when the pump primes, the car will start right up. Plus with the purple wire, the pump turns on when I open the drivers door with or without the key FOB. FORE told me to use the purple wire too but now I see you guys using the yellow/gray.....is this my problem?

Thanks,
This is EXACTLY what happened to me but i had tapped into the yellow/gray wire thats on the fpdm harness. Pictured below.

fullsizeoutput_ca8.png

The correct yellow/gray wire to tap into is the one thats on the oem connector for the fuel pump. Pic Below.

fullsizeoutput_ca9.png

Hope this helps.

PS: I figured out a way to turn my car on after tons of trial and error. This was when i had it tapped to the fpdm harness ( wrong way)
1-sit in car
2-push to start (only turn car on/dont try to start the car)
3-hold down brake ( while car is still on)
4-turn car off (with brake pedal still pressed)
5-press clutch (with brake pedal still pressed)
6-push to start
7-car starts.

This was my method that worked but i got soo annoyed that i just switched the wire.