Ford Sync V3.4 official update

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The Official Ford update for Sync has been released (in case anybody doesn't drift over to the ICE section of the forum)

This will update 2019 cars from V3.3 to v3.4 and I assume update 2020 cars to the latest version of V3.4

It will not work for cars pre 2019 other than by using the cyanlabs route

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

This is a major cosmetic update.
Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I could do with updating mine, I still get random warnings that the installation is still in progress 2 years after it was updated it :facepalm:

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I could do with updating mine, I still get random warnings that the installation is still in progress 2 years after it was updated it :facepalm:
Yes I would try an update but it will only work if you are 2019 +

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Great news. I was considering the cyanlabs route but will check this out first.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I have completed the update without any issues.

Used a newish USB3 drive, although Ford only supports USB2 the read rate of even USB3 drives is only just exceeding USB bus speeds so best to use the newest drive possible. Formatted to exFAT as Ford suggest which is not the default on a PC

Update took around 25 minutes. I edited the autoinstall.lst file to include the ,Delay which prevents the automatic reboot loop. When complete I had a message to remove the USB drive and that the update would happen next time I restarted.

Upon restart it displayed the 'Ford' logo on first boot and then took a bit longer than normal to start, maybe an extra 30 seconds.

Some of the settings were not retained such as the Applink settings. The Nav could not connect to the GPS but this maybe because of the slower than normal boot during update.

A further reboot after a complete car shutdown and lock restored the Mustang logo and GPS came back to life.

The removed USB had the xml file generated correctly which uploaded to the Ford site correctly

All in all completely painless.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
snip...

Update took around 25 minutes. I edited the autoinstall.lst file to include the ,Delay which prevents the automatic reboot loop. When complete I had a message to remove the USB drive and that the update would happen next time I restarted.
....snip
this sounds interesting :) Can you expand on the edit you did as that auto reboot caused a bit of hassle last time out as I was expecting a prompt and the damned thing auto rebooted

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I updated to Sync 3.4 the cyanlabs unofficial way, wondering if i need to downgrade or will this update just wipe the cyanlab release?

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Painless for me too, like the look of the new GUI. Remember if you're a Mac OS user then you need to use Chrome and not Safari to download the update. I uploaded the .xml file on Tuesday and checked back today. Can confirm that Ford recognise my car has been updated but also now says there's a map update. I've downloaded this and following extraction, the folder is called 'Map_1650873473_Update'. The instructions Ford provides says to expect A folder titled "SyncMyRide", a file called "autoinstall.lst" and another called "DONTINDX.MSA". I only have the first two items so not sure if the instructions are wrong or I have a downloading/extraction issue ? I'll give it go at the weekend and see what happens.

Sponsored

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
Sorry if this is an old question - but can the update be done over home wi-if if the ignition is on and within range from the head unit in the car?? Thanks in advance...

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sorry if this is an old question - but can the update be done over home wi-if if the ignition is on and within range from the head unit in the car?? Thanks in advance...
99% sure no, its via USB only

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I updated to Sync 3.4 the cyanlabs unofficial way, wondering if i need to downgrade or will this update just wipe the cyanlab release?
to answer my own question the new official update just overwrites the cyanlab unofficial update I was using. Was on 3.4, 19274 and after official update now on 20136, took about 20 mins

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Painless for me too, like the look of the new GUI. Remember if you're a Mac OS user then you need to use Chrome and not Safari to download the update. I uploaded the .xml file on Tuesday and checked back today. Can confirm that Ford recognise my car has been updated but also now says there's a map update. I've downloaded this and following extraction, the folder is called 'Map_1650873473_Update'. The instructions Ford provides says to expect A folder titled "SyncMyRide", a file called "autoinstall.lst" and another called "DONTINDX.MSA". I only have the first two items so not sure if the instructions are wrong or I have a downloading/extraction issue ? I'll give it go at the weekend and see what happens.
The above map update only took about 10 mins. It also generated a further .xml file which I uploaded on Saturday. I've just checked using the link the OP provided with my VIN and I'm now showing as updated. I've no idea what the second update did though ?
Sponsored