Ford Racing ProCal Tune

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
To be honest everything should be advertised at the wheel why is it always advertised at the fly?
It's normally only the manufacturer that uses flywheel numbers. They do it because they dyno it on an engine dyno which is more accurate. Just about everyone else uses chassis dynos because of convenience. Plus to the end user, the numbers are more meaningful. i think when 3rd party uses flywheel numbers, it's because they are trying to inflate the numbers. For FRPP, that's a gray area, they want to show gains over the factory numbers so they could go either way.
Sponsored

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Hey quick question does anyone have the link to the registration that the dealer has to fill out?

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)

brimstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost
Hey quick question does anyone have the link to the registration that the dealer has to fill out?
The dealer doesn't have to fill out anything, it's up to you to send it in:

Registration for this warranty must be submitted
through the Ford Performance Call Center at (800) 367-3788 or [email protected] with the vehicle
identification number (VIN), part installation repair order and date, Ford Performance part number, and owner
contact information.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer doesn't have to fill out anything, it's up to you to send it in:

Registration for this warranty must be submitted
through the Ford Performance Call Center at (800) 367-3788 or [email protected] with the vehicle
identification number (VIN), part installation repair order and date, Ford Performance part number, and owner
contact information.
Thanks ... OK if he tells me to do it then I will. Many thanks guys.:cheers:

brimstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost
Thanks ... OK if he tells me to do it then I will. Many thanks guys.:cheers:
Note that, at least for me, they also wanted the receipt for the actual part...so I emailed them a PDF of both the parts invoice and service order for the install with my name, address, phone, VIN, and dates hilighted on each form. No issues and got an acknowledgement email in about 30min.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
They actually wanted it sent via email to [email protected]

And wanted the following:

Name:
Email:
Cell:
Part #: M-9603-M4
Vehicle: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
VIN:
Order Date: (Attach Invoice)
Installation date:
Installation performed by: (Attach Invoice)
Mileage before install:

WSUBUM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EB Premium Guard
Quick question on the install.

Has anyone started the install of the tune first then worked on the intake while the tune was installing?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Quick question on the install.

Has anyone started the install of the tune first then worked on the intake while the tune was installing?
I didn't do it that way but there wouldn't be any problem if you wanted to. I just prefered to watch the display waiting for any prompts. It was only 16 minutes to install the tune and it goes through multiple steps.

Sponsored

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
I put this on my daughters car this past weekend and it woke the car up substantailly. I was consistently see 24 pounds of boost. I'm going to give it until 36k and then I'll probably throw a real tune on it.

vegetakid24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost
I installed my tune back in December. Have there been any updates to the tune?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I installed my tune back in December. Have there been any updates to the tune?
That's when I installed mine. Yes, there was an update to both the Pro Cal software and the tune. The change to the tune we heard was to fix a flat spot in the upper RPM although FP doesn't provide any release notes. If you load your software up connected to the Internet, you see the update available for the Pro Cal software although that was a bit confusing too as after the update to the software was released, there was another update that seemed to roll it back maybe to the original version? Then if you download the tune file again, you'll see that it has a new file name. That is the only way you'll know it's a new tune file. There's no information posted about the tune or that there's an update.

I talked to FP and they said they have no intentions of providing release notes or notifications of updates. They also said that updates to the tune would be extremely infrequent and may not ever see any more. There may be updates to the Pro Cal software itself and that would be handled through the software update.

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
That's when I installed mine. Yes, there was an update to both the Pro Cal software and the tune. The change to the tune we heard was to fix a flat spot in the upper RPM although FP doesn't provide any release notes. If you load your software up connected to the Internet, you see the update available for the Pro Cal software although that was a bit confusing too as after the update to the software was released, there was another update that seemed to roll it back maybe to the original version? Then if you download the tune file again, you'll see that it has a new file name. That is the only way you'll know it's a new tune file. There's no information posted about the tune or that there's an update.

I talked to FP and they said they have no intentions of providing release notes or notifications of updates. They also said that updates to the tune would be extremely infrequent and may not ever see any more. There may be updates to the Pro Cal software itself and that would be handled through the software update.
So just curious, whats the procedure if an update happens after you installed yours.
Can you update it yourself or you need to go back to dealer or installer to get update, I guess question is does FRPT come with a firmware updater?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
So just curious, whats the procedure if an update happens after you installed yours.
Can you update it yourself or you need to go back to dealer or installer to get update, I guess question is does FRPT come with a firmware updater?
The software itself is very easy, that is the firmware. As I mentioned, when you are connected to the Internet and launch the Pro Cal 3 software, it will let you know there's an update and it was very easy to do. You'd have to purposefully download the tune file again, there's no notice for that. Then compare the name to the old to see if it's new.

As far as getting it done by the dealer or shop, I think that will depend on the shop you're dealing with but I'm GUESSING it would go like this. If you noticed a problem with your tune and contacted FP about it and they thought the new tune would address the issue. They might work with the dealer to have the new tune loaded under warranty. The dealer or whatever shop that initially loaded the tune, did their job and got paid for it. They didn't do anything wrong and shouldn't be expected to do more word for free. so if FP pays them to do it, essentially warranty work, that would make sense. Otherwise, a shop reloading the tune would just be on them and their customer service but I wouldn't think it's fair to expect it.

As far as whether or not you can load the new tune yourself and keep it under warranty, there's no information on that. Basically, when you reload it, you're doing all the work from scratch so it's hard to tell. I called FP when I heard there was a new tune and asked. They are the ones that gave me all the info, said no release notices, very rare updates if ever and only way to tell was to compare file names on the tune. They asked when I had my tune installed. When I said December, they said just download the tune and if it's different, install it. They didn't tell me to take it to a shop so I did it.
Sponsored