Sponsored

Is the Ford Racing ProCal Tune transferrable ?

Dadsreward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I have followed the Ford Racing ProCal Tune thread from the beginning. I purchased it and installed it over a year ago on my '16 and loved it. That car was totalled back in June, and I bought a new '17 that was almost indentical to my '16.
My question is can I use the "code" that I used on my '16 to add the Ford Racing ProCal Tune to the '17 or do I need to repurchase the complete package again? I was not able to retrieve the gt350 intake from the old car, but I can certainly find one or go a different route.
Thanks in advance for any input.
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Sure there will be opinions on this either way... but I'd love to hear what Ford Performance tells you.

Please let us know....

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I asked that question to FP when I bought mine, was told no, they are specific to one vehicle - once loaded onto a particular vehicle that was it. That was awhile ago, maybe something has changed since then...

OP
OP
Dadsreward

Dadsreward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Sorry for the delay in follow up. To make it simple, the answer is yes, in certain situations.
I chatted with a FP rep via online chat a few weeks ago. After explaining my situation he said that if I emailed documentation proving that the original car was totaled and that I have a new one registered in my name, they would transfer the tune over.
After I sent the required documents, they furnished a NEW download code. I had to send the dongle into them as they said that it is the part that marries to the car. They reprogrammed it and I had it back in about a week.
I also asked if using a different intake with the tune would void the warranty. He said that this is a "grey" area and could not confirm either way.
Hopefully will have the tune installed within the next week or so.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I also asked if using a different intake with the tune would void the warranty. He said that this is a "grey" area and could not confirm either way.
Hopefully will have the tune installed within the next week or so.
Glad you got it squared away. Regarding a different intake, a few of us have chatted with the reps and have written proof that using a different intake will not void the warranty.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dadsreward

Dadsreward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Glad you got it squared away. Regarding a different intake, a few of us have chatted with the reps and have written proof that using a different intake will not void the warranty.
I thought that I had read that before. I figured I would continue to contact them periodically until I got a similar response and then print for my records. I've already installed the airaid tube with the 350 bucket.

OP
OP
Dadsreward

Dadsreward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Got it installed today. The dealer is about 35-40 miles from my home. Was really starting to run great as I was getting home. I feel a Sunday drive is coming tomorrow...... ;o)
Sponsored