Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
Find a friendly tech to write you a receipt then install it yourself. Don't even bother with the intake. Sell that to get some money back and either get an air raid, or some other intake that you like.

Like a color matched MMR!
Won't that void the warranty?
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
If the dealer is unfriendly, yes they can deny you for not using the intake the kit was designed for. Not only that but it has been dyno proven that most aftermarket intakes flow worse than stock.

Just use the supplied intake, it's from the GT350 and allows you to hear the turbo much more, besides, if it flows well enough for the GT350, it'll flow enough for the EB.

The whole point of this tune is to keep the warranty intact, so don't risk it for something that won't give you any benefit.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
No, the only requirement for the warranty is that it is installed by an ASE certified tech. If you get a receipt from a certified tech and submit it to FP along with the receipt of purchase FP will register the warranty. I did this and got confirmation from FP within a couple of hours after emailing the receipts.

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
Find a friendly tech to write you a receipt then install it yourself. Don't even bother with the intake. Sell that to get some money back and either get an air raid, or some other intake that you like.

Like a color matched MMR!
Why would you not run the GT350 intake? Do you really think that an aftermarket cai flows better? Lol

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
Either the FP or the Rousch tunes are your best bet if you want some more performance without sacrificing engine durability and longevity. Both of these tunes are warranted (they may, in fact, be the same tune), so I think it's safe to assume they are a good balance of performance and safety.
The Roush tune is not the same as the Ford Performance tune. Also, the Roush tune is not covered by the Ford Performance warranty...

Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Why would you not run the GT350 intake? Do you really think that an aftermarket cai flows better? Lol
The only reason to not use the GT350 intake is if you want a louder intake or one that looks better because lets be honest, it looks horrible. A few of us have emailed FP asking if we can run a different CAI and still be under warranty and they have said yes, so if anything comes up, we have that documentation.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Anyone that has the FP tune and not using the intake that’s interested in selling? I’ll gladly do back to back dyno runs between stick and FP intake to see if the thing is worth installing. I have the FP tune and Mishi IC, just never cared to mess with the intake previously.

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Anyone able to download a tune? I see the new software, but when I attempt to download a tune it says "unable to download - filesize=0".

Maybe there is not a tune with this version????

The new tabs did nothing for me... and the instructions did not cover them. I did not play long though, maybe 30 seconds in each new tab.. more interested in downloading a new tune.

Should have used this opportunity to flash back to the first tune... rats...
Nope, currently unable to download tune file. Same error here.

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
Attached a screenshot. Unfortunately it doesn't really come alive unless it is connected to the car.

The Record and Analyse tabs are new, and the update is only about a week old. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet.
Anyone get this working? It appears you need some kind of config file to do anything with it.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The only reason to not use the GT350 intake is if you want a louder intake or one that looks better because lets be honest, it looks horrible.
What's horrible looking about it. It looks like a much better engineered unit than the aftermarket CAIs I have seen and is certainly is better engineered than the JLT unit I have in the garage. Also, don't see why it would be any different than any other open top CAI from a sound perspective. It's no different in that respect than the JLT I have.

Sponsored

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Lololololololollll

I don't think it does. It just looks better and sounds better.

The GT350 intake is well known to fit this application poorly. It is also well known that the best flowing setup is the airraid tube with a stock airbox and green filter.

I also have an email from FP saying that the intake does not affect the performance, or the warranty.

What I AM saying is that you should buy the tune cheap, sell the intake, install the tune yourself, and pay somebody using the money from the intake sale to cut you a service ticket that you can submit for warranty. You can be GT performance out the door for $400.

It's that easy.

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
Nope, currently unable to download tune file. Same error here.
Again, there is not a new tune with the procal3 update. It was a software update, not a tune update. The system will not download a tune if it sees that you already have the tune installed.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
What's horrible looking about it. It looks like a much better engineered unit than the aftermarket CAIs I have seen and is certainly is better engineered than the JLT unit I have in the garage. Also, don't see why it would be any different than any other open top CAI from a sound perspective. It's no different in that respect than the JLT I have.

Its a giant plastic shield with a replaceable filter. At the very least upgrade that to a green/k&n filter. Install the mishimoto intake and take the lid off and tell me the sound is no different lol. Its way louder and u can hear the BPV way more.

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
Again, there is not a new tune with the procal3 update. It was a software update, not a tune update. The system will not download a tune if it sees that you already have the tune installed.
I was only trying it because my tune file was on my Dad's laptop. Copied it over to my laptop and it's all good.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
The only reason to not use the GT350 intake is if you want a louder intake or one that looks better because lets be honest, it looks horrible. A few of us have emailed FP asking if we can run a different CAI and still be under warranty and they have said yes, so if anything comes up, we have that documentation.
And the likely hood blowing your engine on the FP tune is virtually zero. At least under low millage and no other hardware mods an 91+ fuel.
Sponsored