Ford Performance Upgrades

matt1234!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Has anyone done any of the ford performance upgrades? I just got a 2020 gt and am looking to do a short throw and maybe some other mods, as to not void my warranty. Any info appreciated. Also if so any ford dealers in NJ that you recommend?
Sponsored

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Ford Performance Pack 2 or 3 with their tune.

OP
OP

matt1234!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Pack 2 or Pack 3? What is it?

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I have the power pack 2 upgrade and the short throw shifter upgrade also on my 20 GT PP2. I have been very happy with both.

OP
OP

matt1234!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So I bought this 2020 GT without any power pack upgrades from what i know. I would love to do the short throw, and maybe get a borla exhaust. Another one would be the supercharger, but can the stock parts and clutch handle it?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

matt1234!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So your one of those guys, but thanks for the link. I tried search but did not come up with what im looking for. But seriously thanks for the link, just busting

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Has anyone done any of the ford performance upgrades? I just got a 2020 gt and am looking to do a short throw and maybe some other mods, as to not void my warranty. Any info appreciated. Also if so any ford dealers in NJ that you recommend?
Question is what do you exactly want to do and for what reason ? Most people mod to mod (regardless of what they say) - which is fine - but having some goal helps.
Ford Performance does not keep warranty - it replaces OEM one with Ford Performance one that starts at car in service day (which is day you picked your car up from the dealer - or original owner did). So if you buy Performance calibration 3 years after you bought it, you get nothing.

I've done calibration (CAI, throttle body, tune) - it's fine, gives little more torque but absolutely does come close to Lund E-85 tune that costs basically the same.
There are suspension upgrades that are worth pursuing if that's what you're looking for.

OP
OP

matt1234!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Mod to mod really, but I just got the car with 2900 miles and also got the extended warranty for 6 years.

Sponsored

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
To not void warranty, the Ford Performance Parts have to be installed by the dealer, or ASE cert mechanic. I've got the Ford Performance short throw, it shortens the throw a good 20%, had it dealer installed. first gen s550's have 3 Power packs available, 2nd gen s550's have 1.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
All the FP upgrades are perfectly fine. As Visceral points out, to stay in warranty with them they have to be installed by dealer or other ASE cert place.

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
So your one of those guys, but thanks for the link. I tried search but did not come up with what im looking for. But seriously thanks for the link, just busting
Actually YOU'RE one of those guys. Dude was pretty patient with you for coming in with zero prep. You get one - maybe one more - chance to make a first impression so don't blow it.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
All the FP upgrades are perfectly fine. As Visceral points out, to stay in warranty with them they have to be installed by dealer or other ASE cert place.
Has anyone ever actually been challenged by a dealer as to whether an ASE tech installed the FP parts or not? I know that’s what the disclaimer says, but do the dealers even know that? They don’t even know how much oil the car takes- I would be surprised to hear they had any idea of how this works.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone ever actually been challenged by a dealer as to whether an ASE tech installed the FP parts or not? I know that’s what the disclaimer says, but do the dealers even know that? They don’t even know how much oil the car takes- I would be surprised to hear they had any idea of how this works.
You will need to provide your ASE tech# to get the tune part of the kit from Ford.
Sponsored