krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hello guys,

I have a question which may be silly. I dont know anything about cars (in a mechanical perspective). I just ordered my 2015 mustang GT Black Auto and awaiting delivery.

My question is, Can I install performance upgrades on a GT having an Automatic transmission? Are there any difficulties in doing so when compared to doing the same on a Manual GT? Help me out guys.

Also is there any place where I can learn about a car's performance parts? :)
Sponsored

cognizantphotos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
1. use the search feature on the forum!

2. go to the v8 bolt on section of the forum (hint you're already there)

3. check out different websites Steeda, american muscle, beefcake, lethal etc....

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Check out Lund Racing for their tuning. I personally am running the Ngauge wiith their tune and let me tell you it's well worth it! I just received their latest tune and its a thrill to drive. Check them out.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Yes you can - see my sig ....................

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
plenty of upgrades to be done, starting with our lund custom tune and ngauge

http://teambeefcakeracing.com/2015--s550-mustang-custom-tuning.html

check out our 2015 section for anything that you may need, were always around to answer questions.

the trans is pretty stout in n/a form, we do a clutch pack upgrade and billet intermediate shaft, which makes it pretty much bullet proof outside of using a transbrake

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
There isn't much difference in modding between Auto's and Manuals for the most part.

The most commons "bolt on" modifications and things people get are in no specific order Long tube headers in conjunction with aftermarket exhaust, Cold Air Intakes and a tune. IMO if you want to maximize the effective of a tune get a real one at a dynoshop.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Start with a good tune and if you're really serious a converter makes a night and day difference.

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
my auto has jlt oil seperator and cai,stainless works headers into 3 inch gibson catback diablo cmr tune. 401/375. [email protected] with a 1.927 60ft on street tires in the 1/8th. autos arent dyno queens like the sticks but run just as good. oh yeah i have the 3.15 gears. gonna get my tb ported or a 90mm bbk before spring.

Sponsored

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
my auto has jlt oil seperator and cai,stainless works headers into 3 inch gibson catback diablo cmr tune. 401/375. [email protected] with a 1.927 60ft on street tires in the 1/8th. autos arent dyno queens like the sticks but run just as good. oh yeah i have the 3.15 gears. gonna get my tb ported or a 90mm bbk before spring.
Hows the drone with your gibson exhaust? H or X?

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Feel free to check out my thread as well. I've gone a little crazy with mods in the few months I've had my car.

That being said, with the mods I've had completed thus far, I haven't really run into any frustration other than aftermarket exhaust. A few exhaust systems are only compatible with the coupes, which is extremely annoying as those are the ones that sound the best to me. My shop still managed to get the Corsa exhausts working even though they're not compatible with convertibles since that's what I really wanted.

Good luck man!

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
I have the same mods except I running the 3" MBRP street exhaust,Lund tune and still have cats. I run 275/40/17 nitto 555r. It pulled a 1.83 60' and ran a [email protected]. These automatics are fun. I just installed a circle d 4c converter Saturday

Sponsored