Ford Performance Springs?

BluSnake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '11 GT 5.0, '19 Tundra, '09 Miata
Got my '19 GT350 in Oct and still breaking it in - only 350 miles - while I thrash my '11 GT on the track. When I ordered mine back in Feb '19, I really wanted the R, but couldn't justify the $9k up-charge (920A) or the ADM's ($10-15k at the time) for "conversion work" I could do myself - F/R springs, splitter, camber plates, 19x11 square setup, resonator delete - ALL for way less than the $20-25k premium it would take to get the R. Also, I didn't want the worry or cost of replacing fragile carbon wheels, when I could get stronger Signatures or Forgelines for same cost or less.

I'm wanting to upgrade my springs to either R Springs or the FP Lowering Springs. According to '19 Owner's Supplement, the R springs are slightly stiffer (Front 211 vs 240 lb/in, Rear 857 vs 914 lb/in) while sway bars are the same. According to Ford Performance, the M-5300-W springs are 20 mm lower.

Questions: 1) Do the R springs give the same ride height as the non-R springs? If not, how much lower? 2) Anyone know the spring rates on the FP lowering springs front and rear? 3) Ford buyers guide states the R has "Unique Chassis Tuning" - what the hell does that mean?

Trying to determine the "upgrade direction" with my car: Do I want a "streetable" track car or pure track car? Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Awesome! I wonder why everyone says the R springs make the R stiff on the street and horrible for daily. Everyone loves the GT350 on the street as it’s soft. I can imagine in track or sport mode the fp springs are stiff as hell lol.

how do they perform vs stock on the drag strip or roll racing like 1/3 or 1/2 mile?
I daily my Bullitt withe the FP springs. In Normal I barely notice it being more harsh then stock. In Sport/Track I notice it more. It may be that the Bullitt has a softer Normal setting for its Magneride though.

BluSnake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
I also installed them for the looks, plus i am running the OEM 35 series tires on a set of R spec wheels.
The tires are a little stretched so the lowered springs help to hide the wheel gap a bit more.

1.jpg

2.jpg

LOVE
those wheels! Look like the GT500 non-CFTP and the Ford GT wheels. What brand, model, sizes are they?
Also, I read that "stretched" tires provide a bit better sidewall stiffness for tracking. What size, brand tires are you using on those rims?

BluSnake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Saltiez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
LOVE those wheels! Look like the GT500 non-CFTP and the Ford GT wheels. What brand, model, sizes are they?
Also, I read that "stretched" tires provide a bit better sidewall stiffness for tracking. What size, brand tires are you using on those rims?
Those look like the P51 wheels and stock tires to me.

OP
OP
Driveway Demons

Driveway Demons

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know how bad the alignment will be out with FP springs? Someone said they didn't even need one. That camber and toe didn't change.

Last edited:

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
I know I had mine done after I installed springs/sway bars and they said it was "a bit off" whatever that means. $99 is cheap insurance when you start to factor in tire prices and mine was already at the dealer for the shifter fix....

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
On my Gt it was very slight. It just wasn’t worth the risk of eating expensive tires for the $90 alignment. I’m getting ready to do the BMR springs on my 350 and I’ll have it checked as well. It really is cheap insurance.

Anyone know how bad the alignment will be out with FP springs? Someone said they didn't even need one. That camber and toe didn't change.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Do lower springs alter what specs you want? One of my hold ups for getting springs is the fact that my car currently drives great and is wearing tires like no other car I’ve ever owned. Scared I’ll never get that back. (Plus the fact I struggle with the driveway as it is)

OP
OP
Driveway Demons

Driveway Demons

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
On my Gt it was very slight. It just wasn’t worth the risk of eating expensive tires for the $90 alignment. I’m getting ready to do the BMR springs on my 350 and I’ll have it checked as well. It really is cheap insurance.
Which BMR springs I couldn't find them. Better than FP Springs?

BluSnake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
they are mrr m600's. very similar to p51's but slightly more robust. mrr's on my car...

IMG_8081ed.jpg
Thanks for the source! Love that style wheel! No pricing on MRR site. About how much do they cost?