Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Was looking at the ford performance springs since the dealership is still locating my dealer installed pack which includes gurney flap and adjustable strut tops, if they cant find them I will call ford, either way once i get them, the dealer installs them under the $995 i paid. They have to remove the struts in the front and do an alignment anyway so might as well get some better springs. I would only be paying a marginal amount of install for the rear, Maybe a hour. I wanted to do it all myself but they already have to do the front.

Are the FP springs better than the OEM for handing or does anyone feel its cosmetic only? I wanted something similar in performance to the R springs and height. I also heard that there is a angle sensor in the rear that has to be adjusted or calibrated?

Thanks guys!
Sponsored

Last edited:

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I have a 2019 and just put the FP springs and sways on the car recently... haven't been able to go to the track yet but I won't be shocked if my lap times don't change much... BUT the car def rolls less just on the street, but ride is still very nice for what the car is... I think the bars prob helped roll more than the springs. steering now feels more like a go cart on the street IMO.

My primary reason for getting them was that most of the tires I want to run are 305/30/19 so going lower fixes the wheel gap I would see with those tires. the 19+ has diff spring rates than prior non-r's so it's less of a change, but is still as stiff or stiffer than the R w/ the FP stuff, especially if you add the bars too.

I've heard both ways on the height calibration, but in to see what others say about that.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Honeybadger runs FP Springs. We know it's effective on the track with an experienced driver.

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
You have the same idea I have but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I was going with the FP springs as they are designed with the magnetic shocks in mind.

Sponsored

N17

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350, 2018 Macan T , 2021 Ram 1500, 2015 R8
I also installed them for the looks, plus i am running the OEM 35 series tires on a set of R spec wheels.
The tires are a little stretched so the lowered springs help to hide the wheel gap a bit more.

1.jpg

2.jpg

N17

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350, 2018 Macan T , 2021 Ram 1500, 2015 R8
I installed them more for the look than anything (to compliment the Signature 20's) but i have noticed less sway on the street.
sv701 b.jpg

This car is gorgeous, love the wheels.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Not to throw a wrench in this thread, but Steeda has springs for our car designed around the magneride also.

I’d be interested in any electronic/sensor adjustments needed also, but seems like quite a few of us are running aftermarket springs and don’t recall this topic coming up too often, if at all.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Ooo sounds like a similar situation to what happened to a few guys and the case(s) for the missing car covers back in 2015-2017 ...

The issue is I believe these like the car covers are sent separately via Fedex or UPS , hence going through the dealer's mail dept and we all know how organized (/s) a typical car dealership is.

Good thing Ford put it on the window sticker...my salesman said good thing I remembered and that its on the sticker because if they didn't do that good luck getting the dealer to cough up one if you didn't remember to ask for it on delivery day. His words and based upon my experience with dealers, very true.

O and the installation of the package should be covered for free as part of dealer prep for delivery no?

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Good thing FP also sends the owner packets directly to the owners after delivery, lord knows if they were sent with the cars to the dealer they would never make it to the end owner...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Driveway Demons

Driveway Demons

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone! Cars all look great. The fp springs are at least equal to the stock springs right? meaning they don't handle worse? Cause I heard horror stories about the Eibach. Also what is this magnaride sensor in the back someone said needs to be calibrated?

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
they are stiffer than stock, and depending how you interpret the spring rate testing similar or stiffer than the R springs. You won't be slower with them!

OP
OP
Driveway Demons

Driveway Demons

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
they are stiffer than stock, and depending how you interpret the spring rate testing similar or stiffer than the R springs. You won't be slower with them!
Awesome! I wonder why everyone says the R springs make the R stiff on the street and horrible for daily. Everyone loves the GT350 on the street as it’s soft. I can imagine in track or sport mode the fp springs are stiff as hell lol.

how do they perform vs stock on the drag strip or roll racing like 1/3 or 1/2 mile?

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I don't do any of those things so no clue how they compare. sorry! only road course for me!
Sponsored