Detailed Ford Performance Power Pack 2 Review

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
Good video. I’d be interested to see Dyno numbers before and after, and not on a numbers inflating DynoJet either.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Question on the no lift shift. When just driving around at fairly pedestrian speeds (when the wife is driving), does the NLS drive differently? Will she have issues with shifting and drivung like a nornal car?

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Question on the no lift shift. When just driving around at fairly pedestrian speeds (when the wife is driving), does the NLS drive differently? Will she have issues with shifting and drivung like a nornal car?
NLS is only active above a certain rpm. I believe it is above 5k. I never notice it when driving normally.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
NLS is only active above a certain rpm. I believe it is above 5k. I never notice it when driving normally.
If that's the case, then I see a Power Pack 2 in my future. Maybe a Merry Christmas to myself!

Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Took it out for a good ride today it got up to 50 here in Virginia and I have to say that those IATs are running at least 20 degrees higher when driving, in traffic they got way up to 110, the closed oem air intake ran a lot cooler.. curious to see how it handles when I move to Texas this summer where it gets to 110F in the summer...
I'm thinking of PP2 for myself.

And if I get it I would come up with intake cover that would block airflow from the engine bay into the filter area. Seems like a very simple DIY project.

This would also protect filter from water and make hood vent work as before again.

Curious noone did this yet. Could be done with some heat insulation material zip-tied.

Did ford performance try to beef up rubber around the intake so that it reaches to higher hood better? If not, then I'm just surprised to lack of attention to such an important detail.

moodywizard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP1
The TB on the PP2 is basically worthless, no tuner can make it work other than ford if you ever decide to change things up just an FYI. Also you cant sell the ford tune to anybody since it is for your vehicle only. If not for warranty purposes (that is another debate) you are better off with PMAS intake and tune.
Sponsored