Sponsored

Ford Performance Power Pack 2 Steeda Clutch issue

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
I remember back when I was researching this, some people were saying they had issues with the PP2 and the Steeda Clutch assist. Is this still the case? Anyone have e the PP2 and the spring? If so, what are your experiences?
Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I have PP1 with the Steeda clutch spring and have no issues. I think the issue is if you are a type of driver that leaves their foot on the clutch and depresses it slightly accidentally

blown302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 mustang gt/2004 svt cobra/2016 GT PP
I have the PP2 and the Steeda clutch spring on 2016 GT and have no issues. The clutch spring is a nice upgrade, you will forget it's there after a while.
I installed PP2 myself and got a nice bump in torque and overall power. The very early tunes might have had some issues but I think they were resolved a while back.
Go for it!

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The clutch is either in, out, or somewhere in between. The tune doesn't change that.

Maybe worry that the stock clutch can't handle the extra power if you are making a ton more like with forced induction + a tune. But even then the clutch assist spring is not an issue, all it does is change the pedal feel.

OP
OP
morgande

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
The clutch is either in, out, or somewhere in between. The tune doesn't change that.

Maybe worry that the stock clutch can't handle the extra power if you are making a ton more like with forced induction + a tune. But even then the clutch assist spring is not an issue, all it does is change the pedal feel.
No tune is going to increase power to the point where the clutch is an issue. My understanding is that something with they way they programmed the NLS in the Power Packs didn’t go well with the clutch assist spring. Like it would inadvertent want to trigger the NLS, without you being in WOT and causing some issues. But looks like it may have been addressed with revisions on the tune.
Sponsored