Ford Performance oil catch can

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I know its not related, but if anyone ever has blo by with this catch can, I had the ford perf catch cans on my EcoBoost and maybe the EcoBoost has higher pressures (turbo) but to fix it, I simply took the lid from the bottom, put a little bead of the right stuff on it and sealed it up and let it cure for 24hours inside the house since nice and warm I never had a single spec of blow by afterwards. just put it out there for anyone if it ever starts to separate from pressure.

now, I did reduce the amount before I sealed it a bit. but yeah, never had an issue. and to drain the oil, all you do is just tip it anyway and it flows out the spout. you can crack it apart if you really wanted, but I never saw a point. shouldn't have metal shards or anything clogging the filter screen. could always flush it with water or solution and pour it out anyway to clean the screen both sides.

its like the pressure started deforming the case itself, maybe from heat cycles etc.. maybe needed more bolts to help clamping force? unsure. but posting in case ever happens to anyone else. I just wiped away the excess from outside with alcohol and looked perfect when cured.

this happened to two catch cans, ford perf sent me a brand new catch can, and it worked but within 4 months started blow by again. and many other ford perf catch can people experienced same issue. (I would buy it again) and I would reseal it again if it happened again. its a extremely nice catch can, that is remedied (but shouldn't have too) not a big deal though.

4E5A5722-6683-4891-B29D-BE9B7DADA9C1.jpeg

4c462208-25c1-4651-92db-ddcd7c34cb3f-jpeg.38023.jpeg

5c6d7ec8-fa90-4a6d-98dd-db20e62dcbfb-jpeg.38024.jpeg

23b0b459-ad66-4080-9c65-effd924b0545-jpeg.38022.jpeg
Is it sitting over the turbo or exhaust manifold? Mabe the heat is deforming it. Might try some stick-back aluminum heat shield sheet on the bottom? Like this:
Screenshot 2022-02-13 175653.jpg
Sponsored

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
So I just purchased the Ford Performance oil catch can for the passenger side....I seem to remember that only the passenger side catch can is needed and not much if any oil is trapped when using one on the drivers side. I am probably never gonna track the car but I do like to drive it hard when I can. Thoughts?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
So I just purchased the Ford Performance oil catch can for the passenger side....I seem to remember that only the passenger side catch can is needed and not much if any oil is trapped when using one on the drivers side. I am probably never gonna track the car but I do like to drive it hard when I can. Thoughts?
That’s what I did as well

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
The key is keeping your car performing it's best and anytime you can slow down blowby getting into your intake manifold you are doing yourself a favor. You will be surprised what you will find after a few spirited drives.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I dumped my JLT this weekend, there was about two ounces of oil in it. That’s with 2K of driving. No matter what the brand they work

Sponsored

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
Who here has the Ford performance catch can on their Mach 1 and how was the install? After watching all the videos and reading all I could find on the install (which is very straight forward and simple) I just installed mine. Problem is all the videos out there are on how to install this on a GT350 or a regular GT. The Mach 1 engine though a Coyote is a little different than the GT. There is only one hole for the bracket..you have to remove the rivet holding a wiring harness and use that and there is no hole for the second rivet. So the catch can just hangs there on one side. Also the rivet supplied with the catch can does not fit in the hole...I had to reuse the on from the harness. It all works and seems secure enough but I don't like the idea of one side just hanging out there. If anyone has any info or better yet pics of theirs it would be greatly appreciated. I'll post some pics of mine. Thanks in advance.

IMG_1798.jpeg

IMG_1800.jpeg

IMG_1802.jpeg

IMG_1803.jpeg

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I know what you mean. I had these on my Boss,gt350 and 08 bullitt which worked seamless but this one was a little interesting as far as alignment issues and I had modify the brkt slightly. I was thinking of adding a cable tie as it seems loose on the brkt. I added one to my gt350 just for added security so I may do the same with the mach1.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Who here has the Ford performance catch can on their Mach 1 and how was the install? After watching all the videos and reading all I could find on the install (which is very straight forward and simple) I just installed mine. Problem is all the videos out there are on how to install this on a GT350 or a regular GT. The Mach 1 engine though a Coyote is a little different than the GT. There is only one hole for the bracket..you have to remove the rivet holding a wiring harness and use that and there is no hole for the second rivet. So the catch can just hangs there on one side. Also the rivet supplied with the catch can does not fit in the hole...I had to reuse the on from the harness. It all works and seems secure enough but I don't like the idea of one side just hanging out there. If anyone has any info or better yet pics of theirs it would be greatly appreciated. I'll post some pics of mine. Thanks in advance.

IMG_1798.jpeg

IMG_1800.jpeg

IMG_1802.jpeg

IMG_1803.jpeg
That isn't the right kit for the Mach1. You need M-6766-A50A for the GT, you got M-6766-A50 for the GT350. The brackets are different.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IMG_1798.jpeg

IMG_1800.jpeg

IMG_1802.jpeg

IMG_1803.jpeg
what part # kit did you get? my install did not use that plastic rivet connecting to the valve cover. i had a thread a few months ago regarding my install. i think there might have been a picture of the finished product in there but i don't remember. it was held on by a nut that connects to a wiring harness bracket. i'm wondering if you got the correct kit for the mach 1? this is passenger side correct?

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
That isn't the right kit for the Mach1. You need M-6766-A50A for the GT, you got M-6766-A50 for the GT350. The brackets are different.
That is correct. I thought it looked familiar. I like that one better but unfortunately it's not the right one but if you can make it work for with it.

Sponsored

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
what part # kit did you get? my install did not use that plastic rivet connecting to the valve cover. i had a thread a few months ago regarding my install. i think there might have been a picture of the finished product in there but i don't remember. it was held on by a nut that connects to a wiring harness bracket. i'm wondering if you got the correct kit for the mach 1? this is passenger side correct?
It is for the passenger side and I bought it directly from Ford. Obviously Ford has no clue about their own products. Part number is OM*6766*A50A. In any case it seems to be in there pretty solidly with the 1 rivet holding it. I will probably replace the rivet with a bolt though. I'll look for your post. Thx

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is for the passenger side and I bought it directly from Ford. Obviously Ford has no clue about their own products. Part number is OM*6766*A50A. In any case it seems to be in there pretty solidly with the 1 rivet holding it. I will probably replace the rivet with a bolt though. I'll look for your post. Thx
i can take a picture of my kit when i get home tonight if it helps but after seeing one of the posts above someone didn't send you the right kit.
here's the one you want......
frpp oil air separator kit

go through @LevittownFordParts and benny will take care of you!

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
i can take a picture of my kit when i get home tonight if it helps but after seeing one of the posts above someone didn't send you the right kit.
here's the one you want......
frpp oil air separator kit

go through @LevittownFordParts and benny will take care of you!
I live right near Levitown Ford and that's where I bought mine from. I actually went there to buy it. From what I can see is that this one has no bracket at all. I may just leave mine as is...like I said it's in there pretty solidly...it is a little annoying though.. Love to see a pic of yours.
Thanks
Just found this on Youtube. 2:45 in this guy installed it exactly like I did.
Also the part numbers on the link you sent me for the correct catch can is the same part number as the one I bought yet they're 2 different catch cans...one with a bracket one without...go figure.

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I live right near Levitown Ford and that's where I bought mine from. I actually went there to buy it. From what I can see is that this one has no bracket at all. I may just leave mine as is...like I said it's in there pretty solidly...it is a little annoying though.. Love to see a pic of yours.
Thanks
Just found this on Youtube. 2:45 in this guy installed it exactly like I did.
Also the part numbers on the link you sent me for the correct catch can is the same part number as the one I bought yet they're 2 different catch cans...one with a bracket one without...go figure.
Maybe it was packaged wrong by ford? Only thing I can think of to explain it

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Thanks
Here is mine. Sounds like it was pkg wrong if your p/n M-6766-A50A.

20220210_181707.jpg
Sponsored