Ford Pass

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Mine only ever showed trips and oil life. i never say any options to start or anything else. but its been 4 months since i plugged it in so who knows now..
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I just saw in the App Store something called Car Play Connect & Digital Key. I says it works with all major car brands. It says it monitors all kinds of things. I may give it a try. Has anyone else tried this one?

-Engine Oil Life, Fuel Remaining Level, Fuel Tank Capacity
- Battery Capacity, Battery Remaining Level
- Fuel Consumption, Battery Consumption
- Odometer, Speed
- Full Tire Pressure
A live map navigates you to nearby Gas station, EV charging station, Parking lots,... All necessary information in a handy phone.

We support the most popular car makes: BMW, Audi, Toyota, Hyundai, Chevrolet, Tesla, Ford, Nissan, Lexus, Buick, Cadillac, Chrysler, Dodge, GMC, Jaguar, Jeep, Land Rover, Lincoln, RAM, Volkswagen and Volvo.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I just saw in the App Store something called Car Play Connect & Digital Key. I says it works with all major car brands. It says it monitors all kinds of things. I may give it a try. Has anyone else tried this one?

- Odometer, Speed
- Full Tire Pressure
A live map navigates you to nearby Gas station, EV charging station, Parking lots,... All necessary information in a handy phone.

We support the most popular car makes: BMW, Audi, Toyota, Hyundai, Chevrolet, Tesla, Ford, Nissan, Lexus, Buick, Cadillac, Chrysler, Dodge, GMC, Jaguar, Jeep, Land Rover, Lincoln, RAM, Volkswagen and Volvo.
I just noticed it is a subscription service.

RazorRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack 1

- Odometer, Speed
- Full Tire Pressure

just saw the app on the store too, read the recent reviews and I wouldn’t trust that app…

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I know. But I don't like AA. Or CarPlay for that matter. And I can't be bothered to plug my phone each time I get in the car.
Those are the options given. I am too busy past that point to mess with it.

Much easier to plug in than dick with sync 3s Bluetooth.

I just have too many conflicts with my Plantronics ear piece and Sync 3 Bluetooth.

Plug it in and everything works together properly. Bluetooth not so much.

Otherwise I have had no issues with it.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
fwiw you can get a box to make CarPlay wireless
Yes, but it's slow as hell to boot up. Besides, I don't like CarPlay anyway, even if it were wireless. I find it ugly and cumbersome. And I hate how it blocks access to Sync basic features. No mobile app can hold a candle to the Sync 3 native navigation system as far as I'm concerned. It's also extremely annoying when it comes to text messages. CarPlay doesn't allow me to see them, it can only read them aloud itself, which is utterly useless when they're in any language other than English.
No, thanks. Give me Sync 3 any time. And if I can have live traffic info courtesy of FordPass, that's even better.

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Much easier to plug in than dick with sync 3s Bluetooth.
I don't know what you mean. Bluetooth works perfectly fine for me. I never remove the phone from my pocket; I just start the car and drive off, and in just a few seconds the phone is connected and music starts playing (from the phone, via BT). And a bit later traffic info shows up on the map as well.
I haven't had any problem with bluetooth in almost five years of using Sync 3, or six years of Sync 2. And I've used countless phones during this time, Android as well as Apple. No problem with any of them.

Last edited:

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know what you mean. Bluetooth works perfectly fine for me. I never remove the phone from my pocket; I just start the car and drive off, and in just a few seconds the phone is connected and music starts playing (from the phone, via BT). And a bit later traffic info shows up on the map as well.
I haven't had any problem with bluetooth in almost five years of using Sync 3, or six years of Sync 2. And I've used countless phones during this time, Android as well as Apple. No problem with any of them.

I do have problems with one aspect

Did you miss the following sentence in my post?

"I just have too many conflicts with my Plantronics ear piece and Sync 3 Bluetooth."

This becomes distracting for me while driving.

So Instead I plug it in. Which does not bother me. The Ear piece is integral to my business and is a priority over going wireless.

Other than that it's a great system and pairs well.

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Did you miss the following sentence in my post?

"I just have too many conflicts with my Plantronics ear piece and Sync 3 Bluetooth."
I must have missed that.
Well, if you want to always use the ear piece no matter what, even in the car, that seems to me to kind of defeat the purpose of having BT in the car in the first place. Of course there's nothing wrong with that, but I'd wager that it isn't a very common use case.
OK, in that case I guess you have no other option than to plug your phone in and to use CarPlay or AA. But I do have other options, so I won't. :like:

Last edited:

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I must have missed that.
Well, if you want to always use the ear piece no matter what, even in the car, that seems to me to kind of defeat the purpose of having BT in the car in the first place. Of course there's nothing wrong with that, but I'd wager that it isn't a very common use case.
OK, in that case I guess you have no other option than to plug your phone in and to use CarPlay or AA. But I do have other options, so I won't. :like:
It's in my ear from rise to sleep. I don't even know it's there. It integrates perfectly into my home TV/audio,phone systems, shop audio system and phones. But not the car audio. Hence the plug in.

The car is the LEAST of my priorities.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I use it from time to time to check tire pressures, because finding this information on the IPC is annoyingly fiddly and I always end up cursing when I try.
It's just two clicks on the "^" arrow on my steering wheel's right hand side. Then two clicks on the down arrow to clear the display again.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's just two clicks on the "^" arrow on my steering wheel's right hand side. Then two clicks on the down arrow to clear the display again.
Only if you keep the trip computer permanently displayed. I don't. I like to see the gauges.
So, for me it's like this:
1. press the trip computer button (a bit cumbersome, using the thumb and taking the hand partially off the wheel, while also taking my eyes off the road to find the button)
2. press the pony button
3. press the ^ arrow three times, to get to the Gauges menu
4. press OK to enter the menu
5. press OK again to display the gauges
6. in case the gauges do not appear (it happens from time to time, it's a bug), repeat steps 2, 4 and 5.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Only if you keep the trip computer permanently displayed. I don't. I like to see the gauges.
So, for me it's like this:
1. press the trip computer button (a bit cumbersome, using the thumb and taking the hand partially off the wheel, while also taking my eyes off the road to find the button)
2. press the pony button
3. press the ^ arrow three times, to get to the Gauges menu
4. press OK to enter the menu
5. press OK again to display the gauges
6. in case the gauges do not appear (it happens from time to time, it's a bug), repeat steps 2, 4 and 5.
Yep, I see how that would be quite cumbersome. I prefer my display as bare as possible normally, so for me this works well.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
It's good for what it is. Cool to see where my car is at any time. I wish I could make it so that feature could not be turned off...in case the car is stolen.
Sponsored