#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
How many of mustang and ford owners use there FordPass? It can tell you your air pressure, oil status,and if the car is in sleep mode. I also noticed that it told me that I have a recall?
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I use it from time to time to check tire pressures, because finding this information on the IPC is annoyingly fiddly and I always end up cursing when I try.
A while ago I used to use it to set a destination in advance, from the comfort of my home, and it would upload it to the Sync navigation the next time I started the car. Sadly though, this feature isn't working anymore. One of the latest updates broke it. Admittedly, it was quite limited and not always useable even when it did work, so it's no big loss.
But the thing I really like, and which makes me keep the app, is that it can feed traffic information to the stock navigation.

Last edited:

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I frequently use it to see oil life, tire pressure, and mileage.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Good for keeping a virtual eye on the car when in for service or storage- shows location and odometer. Wife and I both have it setup on our phones. Wondering how it would feed traffic info to the sync screen. I currently use Waze for that but more info is always better.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Wondering how it would feed traffic info to the sync screen.
You must have the Mobile Apps feature in Sync turned on. If you do, then once the phone connects to Sync via bluetooth you'll see FordPass in Sync in the list of apps. Open it, and somewhere in the settings there's an option for live traffic. I believe it's off by default, if memory serves. Turn it on.
From that point on the navigation will always receive traffic info while the phone is connected. No further action will be needed.
On the phone you must grant the app access to the location services even when running in the background. And of course, the phone must have internet access.

Last edited:

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Its cumbersome to use. I can never find what I need. It should be a dashboard and not a click here and click here to get the tire pressure. Something "at a glance". Navigating Ford's website linked to your Ford account is a royal pita as well.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I use the app to remote start my 2020 explorer. Can't use it on the stang with MT82!
Don't take the tire pressure readings as Gospel.....mine shows about 2lbs to 3lbs over actual digital gauge reading.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I deleted it as it never worked for me. If I'm not mistaken Apple Car Play must be off to use it which I use all the time. It never updated the mileage and it never showed oil life or tire pressure for me.

Maybe I'll try it again.