Sponsored

Ford is worthless

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Done with Ford GM and Chrysler. GM bought my first Vette back, because they forgot to attach the oil cooler line (they gave me a replacement car that I still have),the Ram truck is rusting and my Mustang has been in the shop more than I have driven it this year.

Then they wonder why people buy Honda, my Acura is boring, but I put almost 150,000 miles on it and it never spent a day in the shop.
Yea, probably my last one as well... fit and finish not as expected and definitely not aging very well. Still looks good on the outside... no complaints there (well, outside of broken fender clip that I can superglue).

My last Honda had the radio go out at around 120k miles... I complained that a radio on a Honda should not go out so soon. Corporate replaced it for free. If Honda had a vert, I'd be driving that.
Sponsored

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 - N3451 2015 Focus Titanium
My bet is that if it was a 2018, they would have just put a new one in because they would want to know why it failed and I would have gotten my car back in a couple days.
Unfortunately, the 2018 transmission problem is growing by the day. So much so, that Ford has no fix (engineering) and no parts to fix the issue. The only thing a dealer can do is ask for an emergency trans replacement and hope it gets approved.

This seems to be the problem when too many bean counters get their hands into building a car. Marginally engineered products to save a lb or $.

Hopefully your issue gets resolved quicker than most.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 - N3451 2015 Focus Titanium
Yea, probably my last one as well... fit and finish not as expected and definitely not aging very well. Still looks good on the outside... no complaints there (well, outside of broken fender clip that I can superglue).

My last Honda had the radio go out at around 120k miles... I complained that a radio on a Honda should not go out so soon. Corporate replaced it for free. If Honda had a vert, I'd be driving that.
Honda S2000 ... :shrug:

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Then they wonder why people buy Honda,

I was considering a CRV. Google up CRV + gas in oil. Huge issue with them. If you drive shorter trips in the winter, the gas dilutes the oil. I guess it is a pattern with a lot of direct injection engines. (Something to look for in 2018s?)

Sorry to hear about PP2 screwing up the warranty. You are not the first....

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
3-4 fork? Just asking because this seems to be an escalating problem. Aluminum vs. steel shift forks......
The 18 got an aluminum one and the earlier ones steel?

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
The 18 got an aluminum one and the earlier ones steel?
Yes.

Ps. My 16 GTPP has been back to the dealer more than 20 times since new. Huge amounts of problems and most of them warranty rejected.

Consumer rights here in Europe suck in comparison to the US. So we just have to put up with it.

I love the car, but Ford can go fist themselves. I will never buy another Ford product.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hudson Ford refused to fix it because it had a PP2 tune. They screw up oil changes. It is at Johnson Ford in New Richmond. Really nice people.
Timd38,
I have a couple of questions,
Who put the PP2 on the car, was it a DIY install?
Did the Dealer refuse to fix it under warranty due to it was not installed @ a Ford Service Center?

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Here I was thinking you had the MT82 and lost a gear, which wouldn't be a shock....but nope.

The 6R80 is solid, even with power adders......very much a fluke that it failed on you. How many miles did you have?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Exactly what “part” are they waiting on for a 6R80?? Did they tell you?

Valve body issue or failing trans PCM module?

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Unfortunately, the 2018 transmission problem is growing by the day. So much so, that Ford has no fix (engineering) and no parts to fix the issue. The only thing a dealer can do is ask for an emergency trans replacement and hope it gets approved.

This seems to be the problem when too many bean counters get their hands into building a car. Marginally engineered products to save a lb or $.

Hopefully your issue gets resolved quicker than most.
What problem are the 2018's having with the trans? I haven't been keeping up.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
So, the trans in my car fails at 10,000 miles. Has a PP2 kit on it. First dealer says, we are not fixing it because it has an aftermarket tune. Ray from Ford Performance calls and says, yes that is Ford tune, you can fix it under warranty. Dealer says no, come get your car. Call Ford, they do NOTHING except give me a complaint number. Take it to another dealer, no problem, our Mustang tech has that kit on his car, we will fix it, no problem. Been 3 weeks and he can't get the parts from Ford. I call Ford, get another complaint number, this women who has no clue what is involved in a transmission repair, calls and tell me that it looks like the part will be available June 12th. A month to fix my car. I am 63, I don't drive the shit out of my cars.

Done with Ford GM and Chrysler. GM bought my first Vette back, because they forgot to attach the oil cooler line (they gave me a replacement car that I still have),the Ram truck is rusting and my Mustang has been in the shop more than I have driven it this year.

Then they wonder why people buy Honda, my Acura is boring, but I put almost 150,000 miles on it and it never spent a day in the shop.

FWIW: Cars break & shit happens.

Does you car have a warranty..? Is Ford honoring that warranty...?

How long do you expect a transmission to take, to replace. And how many days past that expectations have they gone..? Ask them why they weren't able to meet your expectations and what they are going to do about it while you wait (for them to get a "transmission". (Ask them for a free oil change(s), etc)

Did they give you a rental..? If you have other cars and don't need the rental, let them know you can be compensated in other ways.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Timd38,
I have a couple of questions,
Who put the PP2 on the car, was it a DIY install?
Did the Dealer refuse to fix it under warranty due to it was not installed @ a Ford Service Center?
I went to the dealer to buy ithe PP2 and have it installed. They said that they don't install Roush part. Gave them the part number and once again told them that it was a Ford kit, and once again, they said we don't install Roush parts.

I then took it to an ASE shop and had it installed and register the upgrade with Ford Performance. Ray at Ford Performance was great, even called the dealer and they still refused to fix it. That is when I filed a complaint with Ford and took it to another dealer. I moved about 2 months after I bought the car and the selling dealer is 5 hours away. The dealer that has the car has been fantastic, but he in a gun fight with a rubber knife.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
FWIW: Cars break & shit happens.

Does you car have a warranty..? Is Ford honoring that warranty...?

How long do you expect a transmission to take, to replace. And how many days past that expectations have they gone..? Ask them why they weren't able to meet your expectations and what they are going to do about it while you wait (for them to get a "transmission". (Ask them for a free oil change(s), etc)

Did they give you a rental..? If you have other cars and don't need the rental, let them know you can be compensated in other ways.

I get that shit breaks when I have had to pay for transmission repairs, I got them back in a couple days, this has been 3 weeks and most likely another 2 weeks. And no, the first dealer did not honor the warranty and Ford didn't do shit about it. They did not offer me a loaner and it doesn't matter how many cars I have, I wrote a check for over $40K and just want to drive my car. We only have a limited summer up here, so I drove the Mustang during the week, the Vette on weekends and the truck during the winter.

I am 63 and don't drive the shit out of my cars, so this should not have ever happen.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Exactly what “part” are they waiting on for a 6R80?? Did they tell you?

Valve body issue or failing trans PCM module?
Seal Kit BL3Z7153B.

I am retired, but spend 40 years in the parts business, several in Detroit dealing with car companies, so I do part time consulting to the largest Motorcraft Distributor in the world and they could not get the part because it has been on back order.
Sponsored