Sponsored

Ford guy Chevy guy or car guy?

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
I was raised on Fords. I had one Chevy truck that I bought then sold and my wife inherited a 77 GMC K25 Camper Special so we have that in our stable. The wife really likes some features that Fords have to offer, especially the keypad on the side for when she runs. I love my 350 and my Cobra, the next car will be Ford powered but any newer sports car will likely not be Ford. I really want a C4 Corvette... Yes I know, the bastard Vette. The wife hates Vettes so I won't buy one.
Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I'm very non-discriminatory - except against European cars which I've given up on. I have a Ford Lightning, GT350, ERA Cobra, but also a 66 Corvette and a 67 Plymouth GTX. Makes it a little more difficult to be sure I have the right t-shirt and cap on when I take one down to the local cruise night.

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
My 14 year old self would seriously be punching me in the face for even considering a mustang even if it’s a GT350. You see I grew up a hard core GM guy, owned a 96 SS and 05 GTO. As I’ve gotten older, the more I appreciate and respect the fine engineering that goes into special cars like the GT350 etc. long gone are the days of Chevy Vs Ford and I can appreciate cars from all makers. Hell my daily driver is a 2016 Toyota 4Runner trail edition, which could be considered an enthusiasts car.

So for the first time in my life I’m on the precipice of crossing party lines and buying my first ford. :ford:
Long time Audi owner here.....crossed the lines and haven't looked back.....no regrets......turn off the radio and......just listen....such a soothing effect going through gears....

btw- I have a '12 4Runner as well.....love it

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
I enjoy trash talking with the other side, but at the end of the day we're all car guys.

...Except for those "My stock Honda Civic with a fart pipe is fast" rice burner assholes...

Sponsored

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
I’m more of a Ford guy because of my father’s history. But I have very little brand loyalty as you can see in my sig below.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I'm a car guy. Not brand loyalist. BUT...I do have a soft spot for American RWD V8s simply b/c of the bang for the buck factor. But I like all cars.

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
Chevy Powered Stock Car Sponsored by Ford Dealer

Yes, for over ten years in Central Ohio, our Super-Late-Model Stock Car was sponsored by Ford Car & Truck Dealers. (Actually 2 dealers).
My parents raised me on Fords, and my first new car was a '68 Mustang 390 GT 4 speed. but when I turned to Racing, Chevy Engines had more bang for the buck at that time, and Ford Engine parts were hard to come by.
This did require exceptional negotiating skills with the Ford sponsor.
1987-Kil-Kare Speedway-9a.jpg
Raymond Scherer-1980.jpg

Last edited:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I don't care about emblems/brands. I just care if I like the car. The whole Ford vs Chevy or other brands is all just marketing by them to create a loyal following. It is pretty stupid and petty IMO.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
C8 mid engine 4V and I’m looking for my title again. I grew up in Detroit in the 60’s way to many cars to choose from back then. 427/435 tri power vette. SS396, 70 mach1 428. Just to name a few. No mopar never !

Sponsored

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I was born and raised a Ford guy...my grandfather worked and Ford and I've always had Mustangs. Now I find myself working as a Manufacturing Engineer for Chrysler. I love a lot of our products too. I have Chryslers and Fords right now. But I just can't stop with the Ford Performance products. I have a Raptor and a Gt350. Wife has a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I daily an old neon. Sucks that I don't really drive my mustang to work but overall I'm just a car guy. I enjoy working here...and Im proud of a lot of our products. I just like some of Fords offerings more.
I’ve had Ford trucks in the past. Somehow, I always felt that they were extremely dependable.... and looked great as well. I just got in to Crete.... And while walking towards a bar, to meet a friend... I’ve noticed this Ranger. The truck looked really sleek.... I just wish the U.S. models looked like this.
C47BFF69-9BAD-4EF7-8390-DE96F6EE133E.jpeg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
C8 mid engine 4V and I’m looking for my title again. I grew up in Detroit in the 60’s way to many cars to choose from back then. 427/435 tri power vette. SS396, 70 mach1 428. Just to name a few. No mopar never !
Very cool collection of cars that you had experienced back in the day!

Like you I grew up in the 60's and am very thankful that I was able to experience the Muscle Car era of the 60's and early 70's..

Only GM products that I ever owned was a '68 RS/SS L78 Camaro and had that car for 7 years with the only other GM product being a '67 Buick Skylark convertible that had a 340 4BBL Buick engine in it.

Only Mopar cars that I have owned was a '69 1/2 A12 lift off hood Road Runner and drove that for 6 years along with a '72 340 Duster for another 6 years. I should also mention that I did own and race a Dodge Omni GLH for a number of years and of course which Carroll had his hand in.

Bought a '69 1/2 AMC SC/Rambler ~22 years ago with my son and we still own that car today and would have a hard time letting that car go.

In spite of owning the above various brands I am a very loyal Ford guy with my first car being a '67 Cougar way back in the 60's.

Certain people look down on individuals such as myself for being loyal to the Ford brand but that certainly does not bother me one bit.

I am very proud to say that I have had just a tremendous relationship with the Ford brand and in particular the Mustang model for ~5 decades and hope that I still have some years left to experience all that the Blue Oval brings to us automotive enthusiasts each year.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :ford:

Adamk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT350
Congrats on your 2018! Great car and great color! I attached your pic directly since the link doesn't seem to work:
Thanks! Yeah I couldn't get it to display properly. :/

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Euro car guy myself. Couldn't stand American cars. Somehow the Viper and 350R became two of my favorites though.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Euro car guy myself. Couldn't stand American cars. Somehow the Viper and 350R became two of my favorites though.
Never have been a Ford guy - the 350R caught my eye once I realized the ACR was beyond my grasp
Sponsored