Sponsored

Are You a Ford Guy?

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Respectfully... I am not a Ford guy.

Learning to drive in the mid '80s, Fords were terrible. Pretty much all 'merican cars were so far behind the curve, they were embarrassing. If you grew up in the 70s and 80s, you know what I'm talking about. An '84 Honda was at least 5 years ahead of any American car. My buddy had a Tempo... good Lord that car sucked. I clearly remember kids in high school with a Fox body and a mullet. (I imagine they still have both.)

I do consider myself a car guy. I'm not into image. I am not into brands. I'm a stereotypical engineer that puts function over form. I have no racing credibility, but I do enjoy an occasional HDPE/AutoX. I sometimes modify my cars to be uncomfortable and smell. The UPS driver knows my name. I speed up in the rain. I am a closet hoonigan, corner drifter, and have a permanent bruise on my right shoulder from my wife punching me due to inappropriate driving/behavior.

The GT350 is a car guy's car. I'm in.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I was a Ford guy till my first GT350 shit the bed, then my 2nd one had basically the same crap quality as the 1st one. They're fun but I doubt many at all will be around in a decade as Ford just didn't produce these cars with reliability, quality and finish in mind. My 911 is a vastly better car in just about every way. I still have my Raptor, however I may trade it in when the TRX is available as it'll be hard to pass up a supercharged V8. If I ever buy a Ford again it'll be a truck as they do trucks well. Otherwise they pretty much make rental cars.
Then why are you still hanging around this forum? Seriously. You are Mr doom and gloom around here. I'm curious why you keep posting the same axe grinding info as usual.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Then why are you still hanging around this forum? Seriously. You are Mr doom and gloom around here. I'm curious why you keep posting the same axe grinding info as usual.
You referring to me?

Sponsored

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
I love some of the posts on here. Like the guy that just said "yep" and has THREE GT350s...lol, living the life.

I'm not a Ford guy, but there are a lot of Fords that I deeply love.
RS200
RS1600
Focus RS
Any 60s Mustang, especially the GT500KR and Eleanor, etc
GT350/R/S550 GT PP, etc

I came from Miatas, that's where I learned my technique, it's what I started racing with, and then I worked my way into a GT86 for a while. Finally, I test drove a GTPP and was mad at how much I liked it. So here I am, with a 2016 GTPP and a couple of Miatas. Maybe one day I'll pull the trigger on a GT350.

OP
OP
tex929rr

tex929rr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
When I had my C6 there were a couple of guys like that on one of the big Corvette forums - posted obsessively about how terrible the quality was. Why not sell the car and make yourself happy?

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
@Tomster - So, how did you end up with three GT350s? I assumed the white ones were for you and your wife to daily and then the R was the track toy. :p

FoolishEarthling

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti, '92 Alfa Romeo Spider
"My 911 is a vastly better car in just about every way." At 2-3 times the price they should be, yet the 911 engines are not even as good let alone vastly superior. Unless you like the sound of turbo charged vacuum cleaners.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I replied earlier to this thread, but I will go further.

I am a car guy. I like ALL cars. Hell I stopped the other day coming out of Capt Marvel, and checked out a ZL1LE orange colour, had all of the areo bits, so I guess it was a track package. It was not a bad looking vehicle. I have looked at imports, and European vehicles. I PREFER Fords though. Why ? Ok the top Lexus. The one that compare's to a 350 (or try to ) in performance. The packages on the car was sad. Paying extra for bluetooth, extra for the stereo with bluetooth, extra for he seats, and so on. Now you may say well you pay extra for a Ford...um...last I checked, All were part of my price for my GT350. My wife often asks, they have this (insert luxury car) why are they holding their phone and not using bluetooth ? Well its because some of those cars do not have the option or you pay extra...as I found out.

Simply put Ford has great options and things work. I think people get hung up on "its a Ford" to much. My wife's Edge Sport has every option. It's full time all wheel drive, It can perform and cost waaaaaay less than a Lexus and Mercedes's with similar setup's. I dare say it looks better as well. I been in Europe....a long time....I have seen the cheap BMW's and Mercedes, ect...seen those cars fall apart to. Ford give people a much better value than you think, and for that reason I look at Ford first.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
unapologetically so. But I do appreciate the 911's and the BMWs as well as others

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I replied earlier to this thread, but I will go further.

I am a car guy. I like ALL cars. Hell I stopped the other day coming out of Capt Marvel, and checked out a ZL1LE orange colour, had all of the areo bits, so I guess it was a track package. It was not a bad looking vehicle. I have looked at imports, and European vehicles. I PREFER Fords though. Why ? Ok the top Lexus. The one that compare's to a 350 (or try to ) in performance. The packages on the car was sad. Paying extra for bluetooth, extra for the stereo with bluetooth, extra for he seats, and so on. Now you may say well you pay extra for a Ford...um...last I checked, All were part of my price for my GT350. My wife often asks, they have this (insert luxury car) why are they holding their phone and not using bluetooth ? Well its because some of those cars do not have the option or you pay extra...as I found out.

Simply put Ford has great options and things work. I think people get hung up on "its a Ford" to much. My wife's Edge Sport has every option. It's full time all wheel drive, It can perform and cost waaaaaay less than a Lexus and Mercedes's with similar setup's. I dare say it looks better as well. I been in Europe....a long time....I have seen the cheap BMW's and Mercedes, ect...seen those cars fall apart to. Ford give people a much better value than you think, and for that reason I look at Ford first.
After having the 2012 M3 and the problems it had, I would buy a Ford before another BMW. I liked the M3 to be sure. It was a special car. The 8300 rpm motor sounded great and was smoother than the GT350. It redlined in mere seconds the throttle response was so good. But BMW could not even get the alignment right and then told me I needed new front tires because they were wearing out after 4000 miles....one of several problems. BMW service is not what it is cracked up to be.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
@Tomster - So, how did you end up with three GT350s? I assumed the white ones were for you and your wife to daily and then the R was the track toy. :p
3 R's. Well, that's a long story.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
As he buys more R's the number available decreases and the value increases. He's playing the long game.
Sponsored