Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Doubt it's totaled.

Agreed. Generally speaking car is totaled by the insurance company when it's damages meet or exceed around 80% of it's actual cash value (ACV = replacement cost minus depreciation).

Although technically the roof and glass are considered structural, there is no significant structural damage that would affect impact or driveability.

Depending on the size and number of dents and if the finish isn't broken, paintless dent removal might be an option on some panels. But if the hail was large enough to break the rear glass though, it's likely a roof, hood, and deck lid at the minimum would be required.

Good luck.
Sponsored

Charles5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP1 Orange Fury
Wow! I am up towards Syracuse/Camillus area and it was pretty crazy but thankfully did not get any hail.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Yeah, rear seats were soaked.

It will likely get fixed. New hood and trunk i bet. The roof concerns me. Wont get it in to a shop for 2 weeks . Ican get the v6 trunk now!
Make sure all of your rear speakers are replaced.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Wow, best of luck with either repairs or total replacement. As others have said, if the interior was soaked, make sure to mention that to adjuster, because anything electrical you would have a concern about... Seats being totally soaked as well as carpet, definitely need to replace or risk of mold spores in the seat foams.

Was spare tire well full of water?

Did the front windshield get damaged??

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Couple years ago they replaced the roof on my son-in-laws camaro due to hail damage, new roof (yep cut the old one out), new trunk lid, new hood, pull all the dents out of the other panels. They shops here are pro's at it.

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Three years ago this past Monday we had a serious hail storm blow through. $9000 damage to the wife's Honda Pilot and about the same to the roof of my home. The entire neighborhood got new roofs.
It was golf ball size and we were in the middle of our daughters wedding rehearsal party. All the guests took home souvenir dents.

Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Had a storm two nights ago and it was calling for hail. My wife (bless her) let me know shortly before and I was gonna just risk it since it never actually hails when they call for it and getting it put away is kind of a production, but I thought about this thread and got paranoid and moved my truck, riding mower, trash cans, bicycles, etc, and put it under the car port.

OP
OP
Lost

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Well, I have an appointment to get $3500 PDR work done. Seriously doubt they can fix the hood, will have to wait and see. I also doubt it will come to $3500, they give you that check hoping you will cash it and be done with it, but the shop will have to submit an adjustment form to get 'er done. BTW, I am cashing a few checks, though, there were 3 other cars I own in the same driveway. I can live with hail damage on my sonata. :)

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
most folks take the cash and run. it is why insurance carriers went to estimating for PDR only, or at least, first. good luck.

OP
OP
Lost

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
most folks take the cash and run. it is why insurance carriers went to estimating for PDR only, or at least, first. good luck.
I'm taking the cash on two of the four cars. That leaves my Wife's, and she can figure out if she wants to look at her car like that and have fun with some cash. I've renamed her car 'Dimples'. We went to go see what it would trade for (2012 midline cruze, 40K miles, and otherwise a perfect car) and it was a laughable $3500. There were times in my life that I would have done dastardly things to buy a used car like that for $3500.

My car will have to look like it did before the hail. Exactly like it, or I won't be happy. We'll see. I do think there is no way in hell they can make that happen for the amount they assume.
Sponsored