Sponsored

FML... HAIL.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
So I'm on a trip and my daughter texts me this pic.
Should I have Ford replace it or safelite?
IMG_0106.jpg
Sponsored

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Daaaamn that blows. Hate to see it!

Matt

Litenin75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT/CS
I would have them tarp it up and inspect it when you get home. From the size of the hail on the ground, that may not be it and you don't want to spend money if it's going to insurance anyway.

Sponsored

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
30 minutes after I bought a brand new 2005 GTO in San Antonio, I drove into an epic hail storm. This was before the age of smartphones, etc, so I had no idea what was coming.

Cars around me had their windshields smashed as chunks of ice fell from the sky. Traffic was completely stopped on the highway, so I drove off road across a grassy median to a service road and found a bridge to take cover. A few other people there were like, "whoa, is that the new GTO?" I had literally just driven off the lot minutes earlier. When I got home, I went over every inch of my car and there wasn't a single dent, ding, or crack in the paint.

So it is "possible" you don't have any other damage. Not likely, but it is possible.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Its god trying to tell you that you should've gotten the performance pack if you were gonna get a manual Mustang. Just kidding, that definitely sucks. I would clean it and inspect it really well for body damage.

OP
OP
Lost

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well got the car in a lighted garage, and to my line of thinking, it looks totaled. Looks like someone took a bat to EVERY DAMN PANEL. The roof looks the worst, especially it took hits on the creases. The A pillars. Everywhere.

So what can I expect form the insurance? It's way beyond paintless dent removal, I'm sure. It was tennis ball size hail.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
crazy!!! we got hail as well but it was about the size of small gumballs. Our other cars were ok no dents. Luckily my car is parked inside a garage. Sorry to hear man!!

Litenin75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT/CS
Well got the car in a lighted garage, and to my line of thinking, it looks totaled. Looks like someone took a bat to EVERY DAMN PANEL. The roof looks the worst, especially it took hits on the creases. The A pillars. Everywhere.

So what can I expect form the insurance? It's way beyond paintless dent removal, I'm sure. It was tennis ball size hail.
I dealt with this several years ago on a Raptor. Every panel that could be dented was. You need to get in contact with your insurance ASAP, because they will be flooded with calls. Use whatever shop they approve near you, as long as you approve as well. That way if the repairs aren't to your liking you can fight it through the insurance since they recommended the shop. I had the insurance company find a shop near my parents house, 7 hours away, so that I could get the repairs done fast. The in town wait was 3+ months due to the sheer volume of damage in the area.

Edit: It was $12k+ in repairs, all OE parts and it was perfect. Thankfully it's just paint, just request they repaint the entire car, even if they don't replace the panel.

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
We got hail last week in Colorado that was larger than golf balls, millions in damage, cars running around downtown Denver these days look like they have been shot up by a 50 cal. Dealers the last year have been installing canopies over lots to protect new rides.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black

Doubt it's totaled. I had a car with hundreds of dents from hail, plus smashed rear glass. Literally even the inch wide chrome trim was dented. New trunk lid, new roof, new hood and one new fender, and full paint job. Only $5,500 bucks.

And it was a couple years old Hyundai Sonata. Was worth maybe 12k at the time.

Last edited:

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP

Is there any water damage to the interior?

OP
OP
Lost

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, rear seats were soaked.

It will likely get fixed. New hood and trunk i bet. The roof concerns me. Wont get it in to a shop for 2 weeks . Ican get the v6 trunk now!
Sponsored