Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That's nice, is widespread testing in place (no), is widespread contact tracking in place (no), has the infections in Michigan gone done for 14 straight days (no).

Everyone is going to learn the hard way, the virus doesn't give 2 cents about all these ignorant openings, it indeed will be quite happy, now many more hosts to infect and kill.

TC

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
My wife worked on the launch for the next gen mustang in 2004 at Flat Rock, she's now a materials manager in Dearborn and they are going to be busy getting ramped up for production.

Side note: last November I bought my 2019 GT from the Ford dealership directly across the street from the plan in Flat Rock, only place I could find the black with black accents was 8 minutes from home, I got lucky.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Yes, thank you to the PPE production teams! Does this indicate the GT350’s will live on?

Sponsored

AGM2018

That's nice, is widespread testing in place (no), is widespread contact tracking in place (no), has the infections in Michigan gone done for 14 straight days (no).

Everyone is going to learn the hard way, the virus doesn't give 2 cents about all these ignorant openings, it indeed will be quite happy, now many more hosts to infect and kill.

TC

Just like all the scientific models predicted the CV would "run wild" in your home state of Florida, right? Which it didn't. The CV curve has been flattened by all scientific models, with the possible exceptions of New York and New Jersey...and there is even debate that the curve has been flattened in these states too; it is time for businesses to reopen. There isn't a time in the near future when there will be enough test kits available for everyone...it is a risk most of us will take, in order to get back to work and earn a living. Life goes on...the world can't stay locked down and on the couch watching Netflix forever. YMMV.

Jostrom8021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, Rapid Red Metallic, black stripes, Silver pin stripes, 2000 GT convertible
Ok, the plant reopens on 5/25/2020. So, the plan will be to start where they left off, I am guessing. Will we, the happy soon to be owners of the fastest production Mustang EVER, be notified of the updated build schedule? Or do I just throw darts at the wall calendar and hope that my 2020 will still get built? My build week was going to be 5/18/2020.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was 9th of March, which got delayed until the 20th of April and then the shit hit the fan ...

Im just trying to be happy and not worry about it too much - but that’s getting quite hard as the money is sat in the bank and I’ve already made my first payment ... :cwl:

WD :like:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Same here. I don't know what it was originally (my guess would be late February to early March), but now it's the 25th of May. Which, of course, won't happen.
What worries me most is that I suspect the half-assembled car is currently sitting in an open parking lot, exposed to the elements. And that in the rush to get back up to speed and to catch up on the backlog they might get even sloppier with the build quality than they used to be in normal times.
Having made the first payment shouldn't be a big problem, as I imagine that a huge delay on the side of the manufacturer or dealer must entitle you to cancel the contract and to ask for your money back. My contract stipulates this clearly. But of course you don't want your money back, you want the car, don't you? :)

Last edited:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
It will be better for the Ford workers to return to work than to mingle with others in town. The workplace will be safer than in the outside world. You can rest assured Ford will have numerous safety measures in place to ensure the workers have good PPE to protect them from COVID-19. Ford is making the best designed face shields and respirators I have ever seen. As long as the Ford employees don't gather in large groups after work, they should remain safe. The COVID-19 virus has caused companies to make the workplace safer than before the virus appeared.
The chart listing the plant opening dates was interesting. I was surprised to see the police car referred to as a Police Interceptor Sedan instead of a specific model name. I did not see mention of the GT500 being built at Flat Rock , only GT350 and GT350R mentioned.

Sponsored

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
I was 9th of March, which got delayed until the 20th of April and then the shit hit the fan ...

WD :like:
That's interesting! The exact same dates was on my 2020 GT! After that it got moved to the 25th of May, then 1st of June, and now it is 5th of June... might get moved again but hope not since it has to be shipped to Denmark afterwards

YOu care to share your VIN? maybe just in PM - it coul dbe rather funny if our VINs lays close to each other. Also which date did you order you Mustang?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
might get moved again but hope not since it has to be shipped to Denmark afterwards
Not so fast. It goes to Belgium first, to have the European headlamps and taillights installed, and to undergo the homologation process for the European market. That alone will take between one and two months.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Not so fast. It goes to Belgium first, to have the European headlamps and taillights installed, and to undergo the homologation process for the European market. That alone will take between one and two months.
Eh?

That's the first I've ever heard of that. The Euro head/tail lamps are fitted at Flat Rock...........the only "non-standard" thing not done in the US was the undercoating (which, for the initial cars done for the first year was a complete mess).

Unless, of course, there's something extra needed for your country, Vlad?

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
That's... not true. - Even though I'd like to know where you've got that story from?

As @Twin Turbo states the entire car gets assembled in Flat Rock. - You can even see it in the assembly line video from both Ford and people that has been on tour in the Flat Rock Plant - You can see there is Euro-specced cars in the production line.

The steps are it will be shipped to Holland after and transported to Ford Store Denmark where it will be transported to the dealer where I've ordered the car.

The shipping process is still horrible though - If my car will be made on 5th of June I will be able to pick it up in late August from the dealer

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That's the info I got from my dealer. And I'm sure I've seen a thread on this subject, where people were trying to track the cars after leaving the Belgian port, and if memory serves they said it was impossible. I'll see if I can find it.
Of course I can't rule out the possibility that the dealer was talking nonsense, and that I misunderstood that thread. I'd be very happy if that were the case. :D
Sponsored