Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Take a look at this thread..........whilst it refers to UK orders, it'll be the same for all Euro orders. They all get shipped to Belgium (Zeebrugge) and then head off to each country (for us in the UK, they head on another ship to Southampton). Whilst its a long drawn out process, the only additional thing done to the cars is the underseal (at Zeebrugge) and then a PDI at your dealer (Pre delivery inspection.....which include screwing the number/licence plates on).

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/detailed-order-process-uk-s550.45717/
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I see. That's good news. Maybe the dealer misunderstood something, or had incorrect information.
But then, that doesn't explain the awfully long delivery time. It takes the car six to eight weeks to be built (corona notwithstanding), but the total time from order to delivery is seven months. If we allow one month for shipping it from Belgium to the destination country (which is extremely generous no matter how they ship it), we still have four months just for crossing the ocean and having the underseal applied. How hard is that underseal to apply? It's ridiculous to take as much, or even more, than it takes the whole car to be built.

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
That's nice, is widespread testing in place (no), is widespread contact tracking in place (no), has the infections in Michigan gone done for 14 straight days (no).

Everyone is going to learn the hard way, the virus doesn't give 2 cents about all these ignorant openings, it indeed will be quite happy, now many more hosts to infect and kill.

TC
MY2021 does the "MY"stand for model year? if not what does it stand for. Asking for a friend.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
MY2021 does the "MY"stand for model year? if not what does it stand for. Asking for a friend.
Correct.

With regards Mustangs, any changes to the next model year are usually announced around April time, with the models actually being built from around Sept/Oct.

Obviously, with the pandemic, usual timeframes have going out the window.

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Correct.

With regards Mustangs, any changes to the next model year are usually announced around April time, with the models actually being built from around Sept/Oct.

Obviously, with the pandemic, usual timeframes have going out the window.
Thanks, waiting patiently for the new Mach 1. Curious to see what it's all about. Hopefully my next car.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was 9th of March, which got delayed until the 20th of April and then the shit hit the fan ...

Im just trying to be happy and not worry about it too much - but that’s getting quite hard as the money is sat in the bank and I’ve already made my first payment ... :cwl:

WD :like:
That's interesting! The exact same dates was on my 2020 GT! After that it got moved to the 25th of May, then 1st of June, and now it is 5th of June... might get moved again but hope not since it has to be shipped to Denmark afterwards

YOu care to share your VIN? maybe just in PM - it coul dbe rather funny if our VINs lays close to each other. Also which date did you order you Mustang?
Sure no problem - unless someone advises me otherwise I can’t see a problem posting the vin, ford displays it for all to see in the front window anyway ...

Last numerical part is 4592 if that’s close to yours ?

My order date with the dealer was the 29th of December and it got logged in fords system on the 30th - just in time to beat the new price list which launched in the UK on the 1st of Jan :whew:

Mine (most likely) might have slipped further and identically to yours - it’s just my last update was a phone call from the dealer a few days before they closed due to local rules. I’m not sure when they will reopen but I might give them a ring on Monday to see, this threads got me wanting to know more ... :like:

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
@Vlad Soare - oh I see.. I got to know the shipping was to Zeebrugge, and I stand corrected that it is Blegium and NOT Holland - which I first thought so I was off with the Holland info. :)

@WD Pro - Mine last digits are 4228 so it is pretty close - I ordered mine on 30th of December with same idea of avoiding price jumps on 1st of January - however the order was first set in motion on 2th of January (luckily I signed the contract before New Year!
I will contact Ford Performance tomorrow to hear for an update on my VIN to see if anything new has come up. They are quick responding and you get the info right away :D

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@RasJeremy - Please could you share the Ford Performance contact ? I didn’t realise that was useful to us outside of the states :like: :sunglasses:

Cheers,

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
@WD Pro - yeah sure!
https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/

I don't know about your location but I had to use a VPN connection from Denmark - seems like it won't start the support chat when you're located outside the US.

They are pretty straight forward and nice guys to talk to :D

In case you can't open the chat and you don't have a VPN just throw in your VIN and I'll take a chat with Ford Performance and get back to you :)

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you ! I will give it a go tomorrow and give you a shout if I get a problem :like:

I did wonder (perhaps someone in the know could comment) if the orders are grouped to suit production batches i.e. by colour and spec etc. That may explain why my order was slightly earlier than yours but the chassis number is slightly later ? Having said that, what’s the run rate of these things off the line ? In the big scheme of things less than 400 between the numbers could actually be quite a short period of time ?

WD :yawn:

Sponsored

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
@WD Pro - Even if you should get in touch with them I'd like if you got back with an update on it, thanks! :D

It is actually an interesting question! I don't know about the options, but since you're located in the UK I gave the left/right hand drive a thought if that could haves omething to do with it :inspect:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Ras, I can't seem to open the chat window. Sometimes it says chat is not available, other times it does nothing at all when I click the link. Could you please ask them about my VIN? It's 1FA6P8CF3L5153128.
Thanks.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Where in the states is the chat based ? They may still be in bed ... ?

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
That's nice, is widespread testing in place (no), is widespread contact tracking in place (no), has the infections in Michigan gone done for 14 straight days (no).

Everyone is going to learn the hard way, the virus doesn't give 2 cents about all these ignorant openings, it indeed will be quite happy, now many more hosts to infect and kill.

TC

Well now, let's not anthropomorphize a virus. It's neither happy to kill us nor grieving for us nor generally giving a flying f---; it behaves according to its nature.

The degree of additional risk posed by reopening these factories will be based on many factors, among them: the workplace rules and policies set in place by the company to distance and monitor the workers and the adherence to those rules practiced by the workers. This is not the equivalent of reopening a crowded kindergarten and encouraging the kids to wrestle on the playground.

Ford Plans Restart of Car Production with Elaborate Safety Playbook

Michigan's governor (and I'm aware that <ahem> not everyone in the state is in love with her management of the crisis, I'm not trying to derail the discussion with politics) has certainly not been treating this pandemic in a casual way. If anything, she's angered people by erring far on the side of being overcautious. So if she and her advisers now thinks that some reopening of manufacturing is a manageable risk we can probably assume that she's not making the decision lightly or in order to appease "Wall Street" or whomever.

Look, you don't have to think she's done the right things to at least agree that she's chosen not to allow the riskiest things for the public health. So thinking that she'd support Ford moving too quickly or without proper planning is not, IMO, reasonable.

And kudos to Ford and its employees for pitching in with the critical PPE effort.

Last edited:

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Ras, I can't seem to open the chat window. Sometimes it says chat is not available, other times it does nothing at all when I click the link. Could you please ask them about my VIN? It's 1FA6P8CF3L5153128.
Thanks.
I just talked to Ford Perfomance and your car is scheduled to production on 13th of July.

I got an update on mine which is set for 25th of June... so with the probability of the vehicle arriving in middle to late september there won't be much driving this year before it has to be stored away for winter :(

@WD Pro - did you get hold of Ford Perfomance about yours?
Sponsored