Flat Rock to re-open w/c 25th May

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
My 2020 gt350R is scheduled to now be completed June 17th- I placed an order in December-
Was just told today from FP that my 350 is slated for June 10th. I also ordered mine last December.

The excitement is finally starting to catch up with the anticipation!

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
With all the delays in production, it would be smart for Ford to take orders for 2021 GT350 Mustangs after all pending GT350 orders are all produced. It would save Ford money to just continue production of the GT350 until Fall and then tool up to produce the non GT350 2021 Mustangs. Ford GT350 Mustang buyers would benefit too.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
With all the delays in production, it would be smart for Ford to take orders for 2021 GT350 Mustangs after all pending GT350 orders are all produced. It would save Ford money to just continue production of the GT350 until Fall and then tool up to produce the non GT350 2021 Mustangs. Ford GT350 Mustang buyers would benefit too.
I may be reading your post wrong.......but there won't be a '21MY GT350. And Ford need to get the bread and butter models built and on dealer lots. :)

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The poor people that will get first builds when production restarts. Same as the builds the day before christmas or similar :D

Hopefully it goes the other way all workers are excited to be back, full of energy and more precise in their work.

Sponsored

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
The poor people that will get first builds when production restarts. Same as the builds the day before christmas or similar :D

Hopefully it goes the other way all workers are excited to be back, full of energy and more precise in their work.
That's my biggest concern regarding my car as it's slated for June 10th. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous as hell about the quality control post start-up.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
A couple of weeks in, we will be alright ... :like:

Well at least that’s what I keep telling myself ... :cwl:

Joking aside, hopefully 2 weeks or more is long enough for things to settle down and flow well again ?

WD :like:

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
It’s so funny people are talking about the worry about quality put into these cars.... there a very expansive purchase... I’m not going to lie I’m super worried myself... like at every work place, there is good people and people who cut corners... I’m just going to make myself believe everyone is a rockstar and going to go above and beyond here... only thing I never got was how horrible the fender gap is on these vehicles is... the first time I saw my buddy’s 350- I swore the car was hit- the hood didn’t even line up at all- how could they just stamp approve, and keep it moving? I mean I’m a perfectionist I just wouldn’t be able to let it go out to a dealership unless it absolutely 100%

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
So, is the factory spitting out a lot of Mustangs ? , or are they trying to get up to speed ?

Sponsored

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Well from what ford performance told me- any allocation is considered a sold car so for people who worry about them not getting to their order, from what I understand, it will happen- among all the craziness the cars will be built...

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Well from what ford performance told me- any allocation is considered a sold car so for people who worry about them not getting to their order, from what I understand, it will happen- among all the craziness the cars will be built...
That's also what I got. They're working as we speak - heck man my car was a week ago scheduled for June 25th and now it has been moved up to June 22nd.

I also talked to him about other plants running into shortage of parts. As expected he couldn't promise me anything but as it is right now they have no such issue in sight.
In the end I gently asked for an update on news on MY2021 and on the facelift/redesign but those news will come when they're ready for it. I knew I'd get that answer and I do respect it, but it was worth a try - Austin was a great guy to talk to :like:

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
...Austin was a great guy to talk to :like:
Assuming it was the same Austin, I can vouch for him as well. The first time I contacted FP about a month or so ago, I was connected with him and he was pleasant and professional. Great customer service from FP so far.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Not so fast. It goes to Belgium first, to have the European headlamps and taillights installed, and to undergo the homologation process for the European market. That alone will take between one and two months.
That is incorrect.
They come out of the factory euro certified. Even the headbeam angle's are different..
Sponsored