Sponsored

Flat Rock down AGAIN next week! (Week commencing 4th Oct)

Techapma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, HP, FJG, M6
My car is somewhere in production between the trim installation and final assembly. My worst fear is that my car is sitting there partly assembled when the workers get sent home. The old joke is no one wants a product built on Friday or Monday- how about one that was built spanning a shutdown!!

hope the QC process is robust
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
My car is somewhere in production between the trim installation and final assembly. My worst fear is that my car is sitting there partly assembled when the workers get sent home. The old joke is no one wants a product built on Friday or Monday- how about one that was built spanning a shutdown!!

hope the QC process is robust
yeah, you'll be lucky if the wheels don't fall off :p

Mountain Man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Super Duty F250
yeah, you'll be lucky if the wheels don't fall off :p
It is funny you say that. Someone just posted in a Mach 1 Facebook group that his two front tires are different sizes. One is a 315 and the other a 305. Where was the QA/QC there.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
hey jersey guys gotta stick together....too much other stuff around to elevate the blood pressure :cwl:
yeah like this joke of a drop of the 8 cents of gas tax??? drove by wawa today and said wtf, the price didnā€™t change at all. hahaha pretty sure prices went up while they dropped the pathetic 8 cents.

and wow. do you all really think we have to watch out for qc now with this crap going on? i honestly wondered that to myself.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I feel your pain. I went through pretty much the same thing with mine. I really didn't think I was going to get it. Took 4 months, from May to September.
That was quick, I waited 10 months. Saw her yesterday for the first time šŸ˜

Engineer0127

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
omg are you KIDDING me. mine is supposed to hit production. i got the window sticker and everything.
Iā€™ve just learned about the shutdownā€¦ I just got my window sticker this past Tuesday with a blend date of 10/5. This sucks! šŸ˜« No official notice from Ford yet.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Iā€™ve just learned about the shutdownā€¦ I just got my window sticker this past Tuesday with a blend date of 10/5. This sucks! šŸ˜« No official notice from Ford yet.
same. nothing here either. youā€™re two days before me. guess we arenā€™t getting it built this week!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Guys/gals, take comfort in the fact that many of you/us are in the same boat.

There are a lot of people on here who have actually gotten their cars after many delays.

Mine is built but not shipped (ordered March 19) and although I don't have it yet, still am thankful for not pulling the trigger on something else just to have a car a couple months sooner. In the grand scheme, waiting 2 more months beats living with the runner up for 5-6 years.

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
Guys/gals, take comfort in the fact that many of you/us are in the same boat.

There are a lot of people on here who have actually gotten their cars after many delays.

Mine is built but not shipped (ordered March 19) and although I don't have it yet, still am thankful for not pulling the trigger on something else just to have a car a couple months sooner. In the grand scheme, waiting 2 more months beats living with the runner up for 5-6 years.
This right here

Iā€™ve been so close to buying so many cars out of impatience. But Iā€™m waiting on my Mach 1 from Chapman Ford. It will be worth it.

Iā€™m three weeks away from it being built

Sponsored

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
Wonder if shut down affects shipping of build cars

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Wonder if shut down affects shipping of build cars
I seem to remember a post during the last shutdown, saying they kept people working to inspect and ship built cars. But who knows. Mine has been built for 4 days but still not shipped.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Ford needs to build f-trucks to keep that label of best selling bla bla bla. You don't matter. from now till the years end f-trucks matter nothing else.
I know and understand those waiting on their car don't want to hear this. but think about it.
Plus they need to get all those trucks they stashed everywhere off to dealers that are taking up space. I'd bet the storage isn't free or cheap.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
i called ford performance to check on mine to see...so my build date is the 7th, which now definitely isn't. but he said they aren't tied to production so he can't see delays, but to ask my dealer, and if the salesman doesn't know, there's a zone rep for them that would know and could be in touch with the factory to ask...so i asked my sales guy to hit that rep up and find out if they know anything else. i'm just annoyed as all hell with that. this chip shortage is such an absolute joke and makes us look pathetic relying on others for everything here!
ā€œThis chip shortage is such an absolute joke and makes us look pathetic relying on others for everything here!ā€
Sadly, most people have no idea how bad this really is.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
:clap:
That was quick, I waited 10 months. Saw her yesterday for the first time šŸ˜
Quite excited for you. I know how much you really were looking forward. Use it in good health.:clap:
Sponsored