Sponsored

Flat rock assembly plant down this week

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
I'm already dying from anticipation anxiety waiting for my order, seeing this thread about ford halting assembly isn't helping! How to make 3-4 months go by quickly? Maybe i need a break from the forums and all things cars related xD Just waiting for the day I can post of pics of my new stang!!
Sponsored

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
This reminds me of rants my Dad would go on back in the '80s. He warned then about the US becoming more of a service economy as more manufacturing went overseas. Funny how right he was about this, and other things.
Sup Mayne! I'm in Southern Minnesota too! đź‘‹

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
I notice most people got their build dates at about 3 weeks after placing the order. It's been 3 weeks since I placed my order. Do you think I will get my build date this week even though the factory is closed or will my build date email be delayed prolly 2 weeks? (for this and last week) ?

I feel very anxious. Just hoping if I can get that vin and build date email I will feel better

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I notice most people got their build dates at about 3 weeks after placing the order. It's been 3 weeks since I placed my order. Do you think I will get my build date this week even though the factory is closed or will my build date email be delayed prolly 2 weeks? (for this and last week) ?

I feel very anxious. Just hoping if I can get that vin and build date email I will feel better
Id bet on delayed. Its been close to 2 months and no news on mine, but i have a 2/7 availability car.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'm just lucky I don't need a car. Still it would be nice to have it before the weather starts warming up. Good weather is way too short up north.
Tell me about it. Not to mention the fact that we get like 5 hours of sunlight in the wintertime. Sometimes I question if accepting the extra heat in summer down south would be worth not having to have a front license plate or deal with snow, hah!

I ordered mine last week and I'm hoping it'll be ready come spring. It's eruption green (late availability) w/o the handling pack so I probably won't get it until April at the earliest, I'm guessing. Probably more like May or June if delays keep up the way they have been.

Sponsored

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
Id bet on delayed. Its been close to 2 months and no news on mine, but i have a 2/7 availability car.
What does 2/7 availability mean? Does that mean you got the build date email and it was planned to be built on february 7?

Or is that when they will start to process the order? How do I see the availability date on my stang?

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
What does 2/7 availability mean? Does that mean you got the build date email and it was planned to be built on february 7?

Or is that when they will start to process the order? How do I see the availability date on my stang?
That’s when a couple colors were slated to begin production. Not my car in particular. If you are green/purple you have 2/7. Handling packs are start of march. If you just ordered you car will be well past those dates.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma

If you want the absolute latest status update of your order, and you have your DORA sheet (the order sheet you got from your Dealer when you placed the order), you can use Ford Performance site to chat live with a Ford agent and get the latest information.

I previously wrote about it on another thread, here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2022-order-questions.169614/post-3450954

Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
That’s when a couple colors were slated to begin production. Not my car in particular. If you are green/purple you have 2/7. Handling packs are start of march. If you just ordered you car will be well past those dates.
I ordered my late availability color in mid-October right when the order banks opened. This is one time when I wouldn't mind my order getting delayed until April as it's basically a summer toy that won't see snow.

So with that said, I'm pretty sure I'll get mine in late February when I won't be able to drive it for a month or 2. Other factor is my dealer is 10 minutes away in Flat Rock, so no transportation time to factor in either.

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
If you want the absolute latest status update of your order, and you have your DORA sheet (the order sheet you got from your Dealer when you placed the order), you can use Ford Performance site to chat live with a Ford agent and get the latest information.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2022-order-questions.169614/post-3450954
Nice thanks for the info! Tbh I am clicking the live chat for the ford performance site and its not opening anything, is it just down this week cos the factory being closed?

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
I ordered my late availability color in mid-October right when the order banks opened. This is one time when I wouldn't mind my order getting delayed until April as it's basically a summer toy that won't see snow.

So with that said, I'm pretty sure I'll get mine in late February when I won't be able to drive it for a month or 2. Other factor is my dealer is 10 minutes away in Flat Rock, so no transportation time to factor in either.
Yeah, I feel you I live in Minnesota! Tbh I don't want the car now or in February haha, I want it RIGHT after the snow melts and we get some rain to wash away the salt. Though definitely better late than early in this case.

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium

Btw I got my DORA sheet and I see my order code, but I Don't see any dealer code. Is that the sales code?

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
Ok so I called the 1800 number for Ford and gave them my info and had them look it up and they said the order is still processing with no build date or vin yet...so tbh im just gonna wait because i am worried if i keep calling they may accidentally push a bad button and lose my order or change something!
Sponsored