Sponsored

First mods to your Mach 1

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Been thinking about this for a new thread but I will just put it here. I love my Mach 1, but there are some things I would change on it if I had been king for a day at Ford before it went out:

1. An OEM PDR similar to the Corvette/Camaro...I assume this will be on the S650, but this should have been added as part of the 18 refresh when the Mustang "caught up."
2. Selectable suspension mode switch like the GT500. The chassis on this should have been every bit tailorable as the GT500...odd omission
3. Better paddle integration on the AT: I have harped on this before as programming elements found in the camaro that Ford didn't bother to implement...most notable being the feature to hold Left paddle to get the lowest possible gear...just lazy. Launch control on AT is another.
4. Option the Handling package with the same size P4S tires as the GT500-I believe that would be the handling pack wheels too. I didn't want cup 2s but the skinnier tires hurt the base M1 on track performance (see the infamous Nurburgring video). Had those been available...I would have a handling pack car right now.
5. Hood pins. Hate how this thing shakes at speed-pins at least would provide a little more confidence. I know the GT350 or 500 hood would have made the M1 badging more difficult so not sure how they could have opened up the air exchange/pressure release more.
6. Unique flat bottom Mach 1 steering wheel. Further differentiate interior and aligns with "track focused."

Stretch goals:
1. DCT option from GT500...truly make this car the NA choice vs the GT500. Ok...not likely at M1 price, but it would have been awesome.
2. NA 5.2 in this...many people have said this would have been the best scenario for the M1 badge but it would have really overshadowed the GT350 even more so than the above change - maybe a new Boss gets this if the 5.2 survives the new emissions standards.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
4. Option the Handling package with the same size P4S tires as the GT500-I believe that would be the handling pack wheels too. I didn't want cup 2s but the skinnier tires hurt the base M1 on track performance (see the infamous Nurburgring video). Had those been available...I would have a handling pack car right now.
5. Hood pins. Hate how this thing shakes at speed-pins at least would provide a little more confidence. I know the GT350 or 500 hood would have made the M1 badging more difficult so not sure how they could have opened up the air exchange/pressure release more.
6. Unique flat bottom Mach 1 steering wheel. Further differentiate interior and aligns with "track focused."

Stretch goals:
1. DCT option from GT500...truly make this car the NA choice vs the GT500. Ok...not likely at M1 price, but it would have been awesome.
Those are the ones I'd be interested in. I don't think a DCT would be hugely expensive over what the auto costs already. Lots of not super expensive cars have DCT these days. For the wheel I wish they had at least done a special mach 1 airbag cover. Its what you look at 100% of the time while driving and they left that stock mustang. Huge miss imho.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Been thinking about this for a new thread but I will just put it here. I love my Mach 1, but there are some things I would change on it if I had been king for a day at Ford before it went out:

1. An OEM PDR similar to the Corvette/Camaro...I assume this will be on the S650, but this should have been added as part of the 18 refresh when the Mustang "caught up."
What is this PDR you refer to? All I could come up with in the Automotive Dictionary was Paintless Dent Repair and Power Deck Release.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
What is this PDR you refer to? All I could come up with in the Automotive Dictionary was Paintless Dent Repair and Power Deck Release.
Performance Data Recorder

Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
A dash camera linked to driving data...Camaro and Corvette have one built in. Huge miss IMHO especially when the 2016 Camaro added it.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
A dash camera linked to driving data...Camaro and Corvette have one built in. Huge miss IMHO especially when the 2016 Camaro added it.
Performance Data Recorder
I work for a 4 letter agency that has a fondness for acronyms, and I can't keep all of those straight. Much less the new ones kids come up with every couple of days.

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Probably already in the previous 25+ page list. I wish they would have dumped the vacuum gauge and given us a proper oil temp gauge. Anyone know if the GT500 center gauge cluster would work as direct plug and play? I know someone has put the GT350 one in, but lighting does not match the later model cars.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Probably already in the previous 25+ page list. I wish they would have dumped the vacuum gauge and given us a proper oil temp gauge. Anyone know if the GT500 center gauge cluster would work as direct plug and play? I know someone has put the GT350 one in, but lighting does not match the later model cars.
There is a youtube video of a guy doing the GT350 gauge swap and everything worked but the MyColor.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https://www.glowshiftdirect.com/dual-gauge-dashboard-bracket-pod-for-2015-2021-ford-mustang-gt-performance-package/&psig=AOvVaw3cOWv1lMwwS0vtkb7tfhrt&ust=1643208251228000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAgQjRxqFwoTCPjd_PORzfUCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD
1643121996540.png

You can add this from glowshift and add your own gauges. When my Mach arrives, I will be adding mechanical gauges, to replace the factory ones.

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
I installed them yesterday, as stated the my-color option does not work so they are just white with red needles all the time, but other than that they are plug and play. The oil-pressure goes to 150psi but the reading seems to be correct. I believe this is just a simulated # from the ECU and not actual pressure but I’m not totally sure. Mine was used from a wrecked GT500 so the chrome bezel is slightly darker but it’s hardly noticeable, you can swap the face (bezel and lenses) pretty easily if you want. Overall a very easy swap and I can now see when the oil-temp hits 200*, that’s right inline with the cylinder head temp without having to pull up that gauge on the cluster.

I also install the passenger side Ford Performance oil catch-can and removed the ‘22 carbon trap on the intake. Both easy jobs although I want check the intake-manifold side after some heat cycles cause the hose fits a little weird.
1776 miles when I did the work and the hose from the breather was bone dry, also have not burned any oil as the level is at the same spot on the dip stick as the morningI picked up the car

C1CA35E7-9D0B-430C-9CDA-9FAC19D8DCAE.jpeg

14A293F4-F138-4FD1-B431-14DA5B3AC8EF.jpeg

0A00A80F-1AF7-4473-8FE9-B61C14EED868.jpeg

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
Mine was used from a wrecked GT500 so the chrome bezel is slightly darker but it’s hardly noticeable, you can swap the face (bezel and lenses) pretty easily if you want. Overall a very easy swap and I can now see when the oil-temp hits 200*, that’s right inline with the cylinder head temp without having to pull up that gauge on the cluster.
The GT500 bezel is just slightly darker than the stock/air vents.

3136B6F3-B05F-44C1-9857-A49A12BDB76E.jpeg

Last edited:

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Overall a very easy swap and I can now see when the oil-temp hits 200*, that’s right inline with the cylinder head temp without having to pull up that gauge on the cluster.
I believe there is no oil temp sensor per se in Mustang, so the gauge is probably showing some simulated value as well, probably derived from cylinder head temp.
Sponsored