Threads
Reaction score
Website
guardiandesigns.eu
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type V8, MX5
Hi everyone! Wanted to take a moment to introduce ourselves and the OEM+ steering wheels that we are proud to be bringing to the mk6/S550 Mustang community! :like:

We are a unique company with a 7-year tradition that specializes in custom modifications of car steering wheels. So far, we have completed over 2,500 individual projects for customers around the world who value the highest quality and attention to detail. In our offer you will not find ready-made steering wheels that other suppliers import in wholesale quantities from China. Each of our steering wheels is tailor-made as per your desired configuration and this applies to literally every stage of production.

We do not like shortcuts therefore we use only automotive grade materials:
high density foam padding
genuine Italian leather,
original certified Alcantara
specially reinforced threads

Based on our experience we created signature line of steering wheels belonging to "CORSA" family.
They are completely redesigned OEM wheels with the following main features:

- smaller diameter
- completely reshaped oval motorsports type grip (OEM is almost round)
- extended thickness of the grip
- additional thumb rests
- true flat bottom
- flat top option
- time attack stripe at 12 o'clock position
- variety of materials and their colors
- variety of thread colors

As of now we are the largest and best-known manufacturer of personalized Mazda MX5 (Miata) and Jaguar steering wheels for US based customers.

Standard production time varies between 3-6 weeks.

Build and order yours in our store
https://guardiandesigns.eu/collections/ford/products/ford-mustang-s550-steering-wheels-2015

Some more info on our Mk6 steering wheels:
  • OEM+ FITMENT. Full factory functionality (plug & play transfer airbag/horn, steering wheel cruise/radio controls, spoke trim).
  • DESIGN CHOICE. Smooth/perforated Nappa leathers and Alcantara and big selection of stitching patterns, stitching colours, contrasting noon markers, or even accent colour leathers.
  • MODEL CHOICE. STRADA model is same diameter as the factory S550 wheel but thicker rim, properly judged thumb rests, and expertly re-trimmed to your specs. CORSA models are our flagships — 20mm smaller diameter than factory for more legroom and amazing turn-in feel. Available as CORSA (round), CORSA-D (true flat bottom) or CORSA-ZERO (flat top + bottom).
  • QUALITY. Expertly hand-crafted at our own workshop in Europe using automotive-grade leathers/Alcantara and stitching.
  • ZERO DRIVING DOWNTIME. No core exchange or shipping in your old wheel (all our pricing includes an OEM wheel core).

Thanks and looking forward to working with more Mk6 folks! :handshake:

Tomas

Pictures tell the story best, so check out an example recently out of our workshop...

Side by side of the Corsa-D we just did and the stock wheel. *Proper* OEM+ upgrade from factory in look, feel, and driving joy! 😁

GD_Mustang6-Corsa_D-4-800.jpeg

GD_Mustang6-Corsa_D-5-800.jpeg

GD_Mustang6-Corsa_D-1-800.jpeg

GD_Mustang6-Corsa_D-3-800.jpg

GD_CorsaD in GT350-1280.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Make some paddle shifters next? Not just adhesive extensions but full units.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)

Sponsored

OP
OP
GuardianDesigns

GuardianDesigns

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
guardiandesigns.eu
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type V8, MX5
Here's another one:

Corsa-D
GT grip thickness
jet black genuine Alcantara on the sides
black punched leather on top and bottom with Ferrari red Accento
Ferrari red Motorsports XXXXX stitch and Ferrari red time attack stripe

sQ9dKlx.jpg
tGntrZm.jpg

OP
OP
GuardianDesigns

GuardianDesigns

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
guardiandesigns.eu
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type V8, MX5
One-of-one customized Ferrari 458 into SF90 style, where we used special Lamborghini yellow leather and Motorsports stitch. We also wrapped airbag in genuine jet black Alcantara and painted trim in gloss black to complete ultimate look.

Before
TTyxGvJ.jpg

After
rPkvQhA.jpg
UbFu3IP.jpg
twS5RZN.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
GuardianDesigns

GuardianDesigns

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
guardiandesigns.eu
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type V8, MX5
Here's another one and extended review by the user dead_inside

I have had this wheel installed now for a couple weeks and thought I would do a review thread. I first heard of GuardianDesigns when they posted here on 6g. I had long been considering a steering wheel upgrade but hadn't found the perfect option for me. I checked out their site, reviews, the customization options, and was impressed at the level of customization offered. I noticed features offered that I didn't see offered with other wheel options like the smaller diameter, choice of thumb rest, and varying material types and designs in addition to the usual customization options. Although they offer alcantara, I didn't want it or carbon fiber as that wouldn't visually match my pretty much stock GT interior well in my opinion. Plus I didn't want the hard plastic feel in my hand of the carbon fiber. I optioned my wheel out to give an OEM+ look that blended well with the leather Recaros and crossed my fingers that the color choice I wanted for the stitching and noon marker matched the stitching in the interior. It was a tough choice though as I strongly considered the perforated leather with the red accent underneath. However I ultimately decided on a more subdued look. I reached out to GuardianDesigns via PM and inquired about how long it would take from order time to receive the wheel. Tomas let me know it would be about 5-6 weeks and I pulled the trigger on a Corsa-D GT wheel with perforated and smooth leather. I have large hands, so I was excited for the larger diameter but also for the visual enhancement.

Flash forward and the wheel arrived. It was packed well with foam barriers and a cloth bag around the wheel for protection inside the box. I installed the wheel with the CJPP video and tips from threads here. The install process was straight forward with no surprises. Having the wheel installed and stepping back to take a look at how it fit in, I was very happy. It looks to me like it could have easily came from the factory. I will let the pictures below do the talking for how it looks. The thick oval wheel fits my hand really well and gives that little bit of "something is special here" touch that the OEM wheel lacked. The stitching is excellent, the fitment is excellent, and overall I'm really happy with the upgrade. The smaller diameter of the Corsa-D wheel didn't have much of an impact on overall steering feel but that along with the flat bottom, now my leg doesn't hit the bottom of the wheel getting in and out of the car. So that was a nice perk. I just wanted to post this in case anyone may be considering a steering wheel upgrade. I received nothing for this review, I am just a happy modder sharing an experience.

Now for the pics. The top photos are the feature photos taken by GuardianDesigns. The bottom 3 pics are my installed photos.
unquote

Wheel1.jpg
Wheel2.jpg
IMG_1635.JPG
IMG_1655.JPG

OP
OP
GuardianDesigns

GuardianDesigns

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
guardiandesigns.eu
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type V8, MX5
At present, when almost every "custom" steering wheel has Chinese origin and they all look like clones made by one factory, we take pride from our in-house limited quantity bespoke production, which started back in 2015 and since then received many cool and useful features:

- slightly or significantly reduced diameter
- true flat bottom
- flattened top
- thumb rests
- custom grip thickness
- reshaped oval motorsport grip

What truly differentiates our product line from others are deeply analyzed and carefully selected steering wheel ergonomics, variety of options to choose from and professional and friendly customer support.
Used by us materials (leather, Alcantara, threads, etc.) are all genuine automotive grade, which guarantees their quality and durability often exceeding OEM.
We are pure car enthusiasts like you, which guarantees a proper level of mutual understanding.
This way you have 100% assurance you always get what you want, you get what suits your car scheme and you are not limited to "fixed" standards.
Steering wheels customization is our bread and butter. All used by us cores are genuine/oem, which guarantees trouble free fitment and installation on every stage.

our official webstore:
https://guardiandesigns.eu

follow our Instagram for daily news:
instagram.com/guardiandesigns.eu/

questions:
[email protected]

We look forward to hear from you!
Tomas @ GD Team

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
I want to pitch in also as a customer at GD.

I spend some time talking to both Anders and Tomas from GD (both very nice guys).

My goal was to match my steering wheel to my PP interior with Midnight Blue details to make it look customized - yet original.

The quality overall is great and it feels great. It was an easy process and it took 5 weeks from order to delivery.

If there is a few points I should point out that I'd like a bit different
1. They have an option for ordering a small package with different threads and leather samples - I should have done that to match up the colors better - There is a small difference now which might have been avoided or maybe I've chosen the closest color...
2. The heated option is not available unless you choose OEM size - I only drive my car in the summer so this might bother some other people but not me.
3. The hole for the nut for holding on the steering wheel is a bit off on my product. When I drive straight the steering wheel is off by 4 degrees. It is hardly noticable but when having a noonmarker on the wheel it becomes more noticable. It was solved with an allignment but still was a bit annoying.

I will def. recommend GD! I looked for some time for someone who could do a all leather/alcantara wheel without bulky edges or carbon fiber trim. As stated they were nice to chat with and it is not like a tire that gets worn down but in case I should need an other steering wheel I won't hesistate to place an otder with GD :thumbsup:

My full option when ordering the steering wheel was:
Model Year: 2020
Seam Style: 4-Piece (Standard)
Top Section Material: Smooth Nappa Leather
Side Sections Material: Punched Nappa Accento
Bottom Section Material: Smooth Nappa Leather
Leather Colour: Black
Accento Color: Lexus Blue
Grip Sections: None
Upper Seams Style: High Horizontal
Thumb Rests: Standard (Default)
Thickness: 112-114mm (Default)
Stitch Colour: Lexus Blue
Stitch Pattern: Tricolor Triple Baseball
Baseball Stitching Direction: Symmetric
Noon marker: Navy Blue
Painted Trim: None (Trim not included)
Additional design notes or questions: Please refer to the chat I've had with Anders about stiching and noon marker. In short - the stiching should be lexus blue on the parallel lines on top and bottom and the baseball stitching in the middle should be black - I've send a template in FaceBook messenger. The noon marker shall NOT be navy blue - it should be with the leather sample that Anders did attach in the same conversation Thank you.

2 first pictures below are the ones from GD and the rest is my own.
Corsa 1.jpg

Corsa 2.jpg
Corsa self (1).jpg
Corsa self (2).jpg
Corsa self (3).jpg
Corsa self (4).jpg

Sponsored

Julianwithanx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2020

21twister

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
I want to pitch in also as a customer at GD.

I spend some time talking to both Anders and Tomas from GD (both very nice guys).

My goal was to match my steering wheel to my PP interior with Midnight Blue details to make it look customized - yet original.

The quality overall is great and it feels great. It was an easy process and it took 5 weeks from order to delivery.

If there is a few points I should point out that I'd like a bit different
1. They have an option for ordering a small package with different threads and leather samples - I should have done that to match up the colors better - There is a small difference now which might have been avoided or maybe I've chosen the closest color...
2. The heated option is not available unless you choose OEM size - I only drive my car in the summer so this might bother some other people but not me.
3. The hole for the nut for holding on the steering wheel is a bit off on my product. When I drive straight the steering wheel is off by 4 degrees. It is hardly noticable but when having a noonmarker on the wheel it becomes more noticable. It was solved with an allignment but still was a bit annoying.

I will def. recommend GD! I looked for some time for someone who could do a all leather/alcantara wheel without bulky edges or carbon fiber trim. As stated they were nice to chat with and it is not like a tire that gets worn down but in case I should need an other steering wheel I won't hesistate to place an otder with GD :thumbsup:

My full option when ordering the steering wheel was:
Model Year: 2020
Seam Style: 4-Piece (Standard)
Top Section Material: Smooth Nappa Leather
Side Sections Material: Punched Nappa Accento
Bottom Section Material: Smooth Nappa Leather
Leather Colour: Black
Accento Color: Lexus Blue
Grip Sections: None
Upper Seams Style: High Horizontal
Thumb Rests: Standard (Default)
Thickness: 112-114mm (Default)
Stitch Colour: Lexus Blue
Stitch Pattern: Tricolor Triple Baseball
Baseball Stitching Direction: Symmetric
Noon marker: Navy Blue
Painted Trim: None (Trim not included)
Additional design notes or questions: Please refer to the chat I've had with Anders about stiching and noon marker. In short - the stiching should be lexus blue on the parallel lines on top and bottom and the baseball stitching in the middle should be black - I've send a template in FaceBook messenger. The noon marker shall NOT be navy blue - it should be with the leather sample that Anders did attach in the same conversation Thank you.

2 first pictures below are the ones from GD and the rest is my own.
Corsa 1.jpg

Corsa 2.jpg
Corsa self (1).jpg
Corsa self (2).jpg
Corsa self (3).jpg
Corsa self (4).jpg
Where did you get the alcantara airbag from

OP
OP
GuardianDesigns

GuardianDesigns

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
guardiandesigns.eu
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type V8, MX5
Side-by-side comparison of GT350 and Corsa-D
GT vs GD.jpg

- smaller overall diameter (pay attention to the distance between trim at 9 & 3 o'clock
position and outer diameter)
- extended legroom (pay attention to the distance between trim at 6 o'clock position and
outer diameter)
- true flat bottom vs. "flattened" on the GT
- extended thickness
- improved ergonomic thumb rests
- oval grip shape vs. "roundish" on the GT
- full color and material customization
- customizable stitching patterns
- customizable noon marker aka time attack stripe
- built-in shift light option
- full attention to all production details / limited handcrafted production made in Europe
(pay attention to uneven material transition between Alcantara section and red noon
marker on GT350 where you can see obvious dale, whereas Corsa-D is perfectly flush)

It is not without reason that all our steering wheels are tagged OEM+