Sponsored

Infinitely Customizable

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
I got a chuckle when I read this on Ford's Mustang page.

"And just as a Mustang should be, the 2015 is nearly infinitely customizable to your individual style with a long list of options across all models"

I guess they are sticking with Henry's tradition of "you can have any color you want..."

You can customize it anyway you want, unless you want an automatic with PP, or non-black wheels on your PP, or Saddle seats in your red car.. or a premium stereo without BLIS...
Sponsored

Mriley

Marketing speak of course. In the aftermarket however is when that becomes nearly true.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Definitely a bit of a stretch at this time.

Porsche, now they have something that's infinitely customizable.

The Mustang, not so much.

Maybe in a year or two when they start offering stripe packages and such, but right now I agree that the choices are a bit limited and overly packaged. But, the packages aren't too bad, considering what you get.

-T

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
So yeah definitely not very customizable at all. I want all the electronics with cloth Recaros. Not possible.

G-train

G Train
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I would love the memory seats without the lane departure warning. I would love premier leather seating in saddle so I have the option to get saddle on the doors. I would like saddle offered in the ruby red.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
There is a reason the Camaro and Challenger cost more. They allow more customization. The more choices the higher the price. Packages keep the price down

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
Only thing I would want is MFT without leather. I can live with the rest of the packaging options.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
There is a reason the Camaro and Challenger cost more. They allow more customization. The more choices the higher the price. Packages keep the price down
I remember several people telling me Dodge sets their MSRP high but then offers deep discounts, so would a Hemi Challenger really end up being that much more expensive than a well equipped GT once those are factored in? I know Chevy offers decent discounts from time to time as well. It seems unlikely to me that they would allow their cars to sell out the door fo prices significantly higher than their main competitor.

As far as the main topic goes, the only thing that pisses me off is the no auto-PP combo on the GT. Seems like nothing more than a means to get buyers to spend more on the anniversary model.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I wonder what the number actually is-->:shrug:

You would have to start at the bottom line and select a color then an unbelievable combinations of options...My guess 10K+ by the time you went thru every possible configuration-->:shrug:

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
My 2010 was 42000 loaded and that's with the 5.7 which is as powerful as the Mustang 3.7 the. 6.4 add on now I'm figuring about 47k

Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
They should have canned packages for those that want it and customization for those that want to spend the money....I would easily pay for a few different colors of paint, colored seat belts, different stitching, different rims...etc.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
They should have canned packages for those that want it and customization for those that want to spend the money....I would easily pay for a few different colors of paint, colored seat belts, different stitching, different rims...etc.
They do but when you add the A la carte system you negate any cost saving with packages. Look asset a fully loaded 2SS 1LE they tip in at 48k due to allowing choices. No thanks.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
So yeah definitely not very customizable at all. I want all the electronics with cloth Recaros. Not possible.
bet it would not be to hard to find someone to swap cloth recaros for leather.

beers

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
They do but when you add the A la carte system you negate any cost saving with packages. Look asset a fully loaded 2SS 1LE they tip in at 48k due to allowing choices. No thanks.
I'm paying $46K out the door.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP