First Ford: 2017 GT350R

OP
OP

TommyC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Speaking of stripes, has anyone done a clear bra on the front, over the stripe? I want to protect the value of this car while enjoying it, and my fear is that you wouldn't be able to remove the clear bra without having to redo the original stripe, and also that the clear bra would create a noticeable contrast on the stripe compared to the rest of the car.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
That's your call. It will be noticeable... but how much is something only you can decide is tolerable.

I have a white car and I went over the blue stripes and did the whole car without cutting along the edge of the stripes. There is a tiny air pocket there, where it steps down from the stripe to the edge, which is unoticable because of my white car. You gotta get up close to it to see the small pocket and it's very uniform. I like it.

On my 14 gt500 the matte black stripes are a no no to go over and I just did the front impact areas and left off around the stripe. It looks good on the silver with only a slight edge that can be seen.
Those glossy stripes scratch very easy so take car when washing. It's one of the reasons I did the whole car. Couldn't be happier with the way it looks or ease of upkeep. Stripes still look fresh and new. Not a scuff..still have a couple pieces of sand in them from factory though.

OP
OP

TommyC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
That's your call. It will be noticeable... but how much is something only you can decide is tolerable.

I have a white car and I went over the blue stripes and did the whole car without cutting along the edge of the stripes. There is a tiny air pocket there, where it steps down from the stripe to the edge, which is unoticable because of my white car. You gotta get up close to it to see the small pocket and it's very uniform. I like it.

On my 14 gt500 the matte black stripes are a no no to go over and I just did the front impact areas and left off around the stripe. It looks good on the silver with only a slight edge that can be seen.
Those glossy stripes scratch very easy so take car when washing. It's one of the reasons I did the whole car. Couldn't be happier with the way it looks or ease of upkeep. Stripes still look fresh and new. Not a scuff..still have a couple pieces of sand in them from factory though.
Great info. Any chance you could get a close up pic of the transition from stripe to car?

Also, the stripes on my R seem almost like a flat black... certainly not glossy.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yes, I can. I didn't realize you had the matte black. You don't want to go over those. Sorry. PPF guy will tell you the same. There are a couple PPF guys on this forum.
They do make a PPF that is matte...maybe that would work.
What happens is when the smooth PPF goes over the matte stripe it doesn't go down into the pockets in the stripes so it causes a hive type look.