Sponsored

Firehawk Indy 500 tires

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Bad news.

I ordered mine around the 13th of April. I'm still waiting. Decided to stop waiting and went with Michelin 4S over the Continental Extreme Contacts. There's literally zero sets of the firehawks anywhere. My order just sat with them for two months with continuous promises that they'd materialize out of thin air. Rumor had it that 6/15 would see another round of orders, but now they're backordered everywhere. some places are marking them discontinued.
Whoever is in charge of production runs at Firehawk are idiots. Hell, so is the entire sales/marketing team. Tirerack put out a phenomenal review and those tires quickly sold to near the extinction. Instead of marketing the shit out of them and ramping up production, the just sit an wait. They apparantly have no idea how many mustang owners need replacement tires as little as 12k miles after purchasing their cars.

On the flip side, you wen't with a better tires. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Had four 235 50R/18's put on my 16 Ecoboost about a week ago, $640 out the door and that's before a $60 online rebate.

Compared to the original Goodyear Eagle F1's the Indy 500's have more grip, a better ride and are quieter.

I haven't pushed the car hard in a lot of cornering yet but the Indy 500's seem to have softer edges than the Goodyears, they handle different, not better or worse but just different.

TC
That's most likely due to your sidewall ratio I think. It's the same size as your stock tire, correct?

Obviously the lack of availability has to also do with popular sizes. I had ordered 285/35 R19's for the front and 325/30 R19's for the rear. There's literally none of that left.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
Whoever is in charge of production runs at Firehawk are idiots. Hell, so is the entire sales/marketing team. Tirerack put out a phenomenal review and those tires quickly sold to near the extinction. Instead of marketing the shit out of them and ramping up production, the just sit an wait. They apparantly have no idea how many mustang owners need replacement tires as little as 12k miles after purchasing their cars.

On the flip side, you wen't with a better tires. :thumbsup:
Yep, agreed. Not sure what they're thinking.

And I did end up with a better tire. This was actually one of the few I wanted originally, but didn't want to shell out the money for it yet. So...it's more money, but Need4SpeedMotors is trying their hardest to get me a set of new shoes before the end of the world happens, so they gave me a really good deal to try and patch up this mess.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Hmmm yes I should have peered into this thread earlier. I just ordered the firehawks, and received this message from TireRack

Firestone is having major issues keeping up with the production of these tires. We were due to receive them in April and they have keep pushing back the dates to the point where they can no longer even provide with a valid ETA. I do not think we will see these tires until September. Did you want to wait for these to come in? If not we can cancel the order or switch you to a different tire that is in stock..
While I don't really *need* the tires now, having my wheels sit in the guest room for 3 months might tug on my emotions a bit. I just don't know if it's worth paying more for the Continentals if the Firestone could actually be better tires.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
I just don't know if it's worth paying more for the Continentals if the Firestone could actually be better tires.
That was my issue too. Yep, got tired of waiting, but for the $$$ I don't think the Continental Extreme Contacts compare to either tire very well, so I opted to pay a bit more for more tire and stop messing around.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
All tire size availabilities in the past year have been difficult... especially in "aftermarket" sizes. I suspect a lot of cost contraction in this particular business are due to the cost of raw materials.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I think I'm just going to deal with the wait, if anything I'll get better ROI on these crap pirelli all seasons and it'll give me some time to work on the suspension so I can fully enjoy the new wheels/tires once they are installed.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Id hope that avail comes back around as Id put these on my new Camaro, I enjoyed them that much on the Mustang.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Id hope that avail comes back around as Id put these on my new Camaro, I enjoyed them that much on the Mustang.
I think you're in for a downgrade putting those on the 1LE, as they come with fantastic tires from the factory.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I thought I inferred when the F1 Supercar 3 is toast...
That's what I meant...it's going to be a fairly significant downgrade going to the firestones. As good as they are, they are no supercar 3 alternative.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Firestone probably wised up and will release a "new" version with a higher price tag.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Why the hell do people repy on tirerack or discount tire for these firehawks?

I got mine in bumfvckegypt middle of nowhere north dakota guess where? At a Firestone dealer!

Call Firestone directly and ask for their customer service straight from Firestone.

Screw getting a middle man like tirerack or discount tire involved.

Go ahead some people are going to say well well they just cant get them. And that truely maybe the end result but point im making is skip the step people and call firestone directly.

Psst. Any nationwide firestone store can and should be able to transfer a set to another firestone store.

Last summer I was out in Wash DC and for the hell of ot went and asked if they could get a set of these and closest store that had them was in Baltimore. Really not that far of a drive to go fetch them or wait 2 or 3 days to have them store transfered.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Firehawks are what I replaced the stock tires on at 21,000 or so miles on my 2015 GT/PP. I'm at around 29,000 or so miles now and the Firehawks are holding up well. Heavy rain, excessive cold in the mornings, or 100+ degree weather here in Northern California and they are great daily driving tires with spirited driving mixed in. I've not taken the car out to any track events but it would be the tire I run while learning. The car/tire combo has made some long road trips from Sacramento to Las Vegas. I've made the same trip with the stock P Zero's and I found these to be more comfortable.

In any case I think the positive feedback from Mustang owners are helping them out. Well worth the wait if you can find a dealer willing to track them down. The only complaint I honestly have is the size options. I've been considering squaring up my setup and increasing tire width in the process. Not a lot of options in the 19" rim has far as I can tell.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
Why the hell do people repy on tirerack or discount tire for these firehawks?

I got mine in bumfvckegypt middle of nowhere north dakota guess where? At a Firestone dealer!

Call Firestone directly and ask for their customer service straight from Firestone.

Screw getting a middle man like tirerack or discount tire involved.

Go ahead some people are going to say well well they just cant get them. And that truely maybe the end result but point im making is skip the step people and call firestone directly.

Psst. Any nationwide firestone store can and should be able to transfer a set to another firestone store.

Last summer I was out in Wash DC and for the hell of ot went and asked if they could get a set of these and closest store that had them was in Baltimore. Really not that far of a drive to go fetch them or wait 2 or 3 days to have them store transfered.
No Tire Rack or Discount Tire involved. What was involved was Need4SpeedMotors contacting Firestone directly and revealing they didn't have any on 6/15.
Sponsored