Sponsored

Firehawk Indy 500 tires

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I've heard the LM2. Sounds good, very deep but it did drone a little. The bass notes pass through all the sound deadening easily.

Hmm, I haven't seen drone mentioned with these in other threads. I'll have to look into that prior to pulling the trigger.

Something else I thought to mention with these wheels... I bought FoMoCo (OEM) tire pressure sensors and they must have immediately and automatically synced up with the car because I drove about 15 miles with the new wheels and no codes/lights came on at all during the ride. I still should check the sensors' reading of pressure on the computer screen/gauge cluster to make sure it's reading them right.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, I haven't seen drone mentioned with these in other threads. I'll have to look into that prior to pulling the trigger.

Something else I thought to mention with these wheels... I bought FoMoCo (OEM) tire pressure sensors and they must have immediately and automatically synced up with the car because I drove about 15 miles with the new wheels and no codes/lights came on at all during the ride. I still should check the sensors' reading of pressure on the computer screen/gauge cluster to make sure it's reading them right.
Probably because many people are insensitive to it. Even when it didn't cause resonance I found it quite loud inside the car for how relatively tame it is outside. Again, symptom of very bass-heavy exhaust. It's possible that it was like this because of the sound tube being connected still on the car I rode in/drove. That plays into it for sure.

Baritone is where it's at :cheers:

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
They do have a softer sidewall but you'll be 100% fine on any road course with them. They're predictable and reasonably quick, but will get hot be more of a handful after about 12-15 minutes in your session.

I have 3-4 track days on them, 12-15k street miles and countless autocrosses and they still have tread left. I love these tires, not a better all around summer tire for even 50% more than these things cost.

They're not the fastest tire, but as I've said in multiple threads about this, nobody is "fast" on street tires.

Until something better comes around, I won't be buying anything else for street and warmup track tires. Love them.
Thanks, I appreciate the input. :cheers:

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I bought some APEX EC-7's with their TPMS sensors and the same thing happened, they immediately sync'd on their own.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Okay, I have a question I don't think has been asked. Looking at other 285/35/19 tires, specifically Continental Extreme Contact Sports, the Tread width is notably less on the Indy 500s. They both have a section width of 11.4", but the Indy 500s have tread width of 9.8" while the Contact Sports' tread width is listed as 10.3".

Looking at photos of the tires, they appear to have similar shape and roll off at the corners. Are the Indy's really that much narrower at the contact patch? Or maybe the Continentals spec on the high side?? Anyone have this size tire care to measure their contact patch width for shits and grins. Half hoping it's a typo, but probably wishful thinking.
Cont Contact vs Firestone Indy500.jpg

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Okay, I have a question I don't think has been asked. Looking at other 285/35/19 tires, specifically Continental Extreme Contact Sports, the Tread width is notably less on the Indy 500s. They both have a section width of 11.4", but the Indy 500s have tread width of 9.8" while the Contact Sports' tread width is listed as 10.3".

Looking at photos of the tires, they appear to have similar shape and roll off at the corners. Are the Indy's really that much narrower at the contact patch? Or maybe the Continentals spec on the high side?? Anyone have this size tire care to measure their contact patch width for shits and grins. Half hoping it's a typo, but probably wishful thinking.
The Indy's roll off noticeably more on the corners than the stock Pirellis. Looking at the pic you posted, they also appear to roll-off noticeably more than the Conti's.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=201

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
I'm thinking about going with the 325/30R19's on a 19x11 rim on the back. Has anyone ran these yet on a wheel with +50 offset?

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Finally installed my wheels with these tires. Holy crap, I totally didn't realize how fast I was going to work because of how quiet these things are. Decent amount of grip so far. I still kick out a little bit but that could be the need for suspension parts. Kind of wish I went with 265s instead of 255s. I am so worried about curbing my wheels now. =/

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Finally installed my wheels with these tires. Holy crap, I totally didn't realize how fast I was going to work because of how quiet these things are. Decent amount of grip so far. I still kick out a little bit but that could be the need for suspension parts. Kind of wish I went with 265s instead of 255s. I am so worried about curbing my wheels now. =/
They'll get better after a few hundred miles.

Sponsored

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Ordered from Amazon, shipped to a local tire shop for install. Arrive next weekend, but I don't mind the wait because I'm out of town all next week anyway!

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Gave the never ending winter the middle finger today and took my Nokians off and put Indy500s back on!

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Bad news.

I ordered mine around the 13th of April. I'm still waiting. Decided to stop waiting and went with Michelin 4S over the Continental Extreme Contacts. There's literally zero sets of the firehawks anywhere. My order just sat with them for two months with continuous promises that they'd materialize out of thin air. Rumor had it that 6/15 would see another round of orders, but now they're backordered everywhere. some places are marking them discontinued.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Had four 235 50R/18's put on my 16 Ecoboost about a week ago, $640 out the door and that's before a $60 online rebate.

Compared to the original Goodyear Eagle F1's the Indy 500's have more grip, a better ride and are quieter.

I haven't pushed the car hard in a lot of cornering yet but the Indy 500's seem to have softer edges than the Goodyears, they handle different, not better or worse but just different.

TC
Sponsored