Financial decision having regrets now

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
47 replies with everyone's feedback, opinions and thoughts and the OP hasn't even logged in since starting the thread. :crackup:
Sponsored

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
the funny thing is it's probably as comfortable as your F150 for road trips and probably will blow the doors off your GT 5.0 in terms of performance.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Someone asked about charging the Mach E. 1 hour on a standard charger gives 8 miles.
FWIW, most people with a home/condo (vs. maybe an apartment), just get a 50a circuit , an N6-50/N14-50 receptacle installed, then plug in a 40a charger and get MUCH faster charging at home. The LR/P Tesla Model 3s will do ~37 miles an hour at that rate. Get home, plugin, most daily commutes are handled with a couple of hours of charging.

:rockon:

Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I predict eventual job losses and salary reductions in the car repair business as a result of electrification of the automotive industry.
Why? It's still a mechanical device that will need maintenance. You still have brakes, tires, suspension, steering, etc., all of which will wear down over time. But you'll also have to have newly trained people in a new technology. That costs money, which will be passed on to the consumer. I believe that servicing an EV vehicle will cost more than a conventional, particularly when it comes to the electronics. You'll need specially trained people for that.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Get home, plugin, most daily commutes are handled with a couple of hours of charging.
IDK, but what happens when it's raining/snowing outside, and you have to plug in or unplug? Is there a risk of electrocution? Just wondering.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Why? It's still a mechanical device that will need maintenance. You still have brakes, tires, suspension, steering, etc., all of which will wear down over time. But you'll also have to have newly trained people in a new technology. That costs money, which will be passed on to the consumer. I believe that servicing an EV vehicle will cost more than a conventional, particularly when it comes to the electronics. You'll need specially trained people for that.
Modular building processes. A front suspension module, Electronics module, rear suspension module, drivetrain modules Etc. It breaks and a min wage worker swaps the module and sends the bad one (If passes inspection) off for refurbishment and back to the repair cycle again.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
IDK, but what happens when it's raining/snowing outside, and you have to plug in or unplug? Is there a risk of electrocution? Just wondering.
Hello; I use to go camping at campgrounds with electric service at the campsites. I would run extension cords around to places. The cords were out in the rain. Never had an issue. This was decades ago so my guess is the connections can be smarter now.
To me a big problem will be for those living in apartments. I have lived in an visited such buildings. Not many outside outlets. Will the landlords be forced to rewire to deal with this? Will there be a tangle of extension cords snaking all around. Will each renter have to unplug, wind up and store their cords every time they need to drive somewhere? Will there be a mass of cords out every night? What if you are the first up in the morning and your cord is under all the others? Will each apartment have extra charger stations in case you get company?
How will the renter be charged for the power. I can see how a line could be tied to the renters unit or his/her use. But what about when you are at work? Will there have to be locks on your personal outlet?
I have a private home an a basement garage. I have a 220 outlet available also. Not everyone can have this. I wonder what the OP has.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Modular building processes. A front suspension module, Electronics module, rear suspension module, drivetrain modules Etc. It breaks and a min wage worker swaps the module and sends the bad one (If passes inspection) off for refurbishment and back to the repair cycle again.
Not how any of that works, not even close. Airplanes are fairly modular, do want a min wage technician working on your next flight swapping boxes out?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Not how any of that works, not even close. Airplanes are fairly modular, do want a min wage technician working on your next flight swapping boxes out?
Corporations, economics and profit seeking will always drive lower costs. The simplicity of EV’s I believe will drive simplified repair processes.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I live in a DC condo, built in 1981 but kept up and maintained very well in the whole building. We have a parking garage where my 350 sleeps. My garage is not set up for EV charging, and we only have three 120 volt outlets in it, with 32 parking spaces. It would cost tons of money and time to wire and place charging stations at each spot. We had one owner that wanted to do it, we told him although the garage is a common area he’d have to pay for it and pay for other owners to move their cars to a temp garage while the work would be done. Once he saw the price he did not want to do it.

sooooo, older urban condo and apartment buildings such as mine are not set up for EV charging……and I think new ones are not designed for it yet either. You will not get the EV density in urban areas till that’s addressed.
Sponsored