Finally my R is scheduled

rahtid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Yikes. My ETA slipped 3 days too. I'll be looking at ~35 days between production and delivery. That seems a lot longer than most.
First I thought they had a back order of the stripes or the CF wing, but I think it has to do with the state you're in. They probably took their time with my car since a train to AZ wouldn't have been available for a while? That's what I tell myself anyways to stay sane lol.

Hopefully you'll have better luck though. The wait will be worth it!:headbang:
Sponsored

OP
OP
R 350 gt Donson

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Can you describe the difference between driving the R and non-R?
I will bet he can describe the difference between the seats in the tech pack and the R.....Good Lord, you better be 5' 8" and 170 Max...Other than that, its a tight fit:eyebulge:

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I will bet he can describe the difference between the seats in the tech pack and the R.....Good Lord, you better be 5' 8" and 170 Max...Other than that, its a tight fit:eyebulge:
True. I'm 6'2" and 230. It is a tight fit in the R's Recaro's but it's not uncomfortable at all. At least in my case.

rahtid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I'm 5'8 150lbs and ready to rumble!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm on a diet. The R diet.

Sponsored

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
5'11" at 185 - I sat in, but didn't drive, an R and thought the seats were perfect for me - snug. I'm hoping it holds true for extended drives.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The last gt500 recaros are just a tad wide so if these are a bit smaller, itll fit perfectly. With how much weight ive lost recently ill have a significant power to weight ratio over the majority;)

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I'm 6'2", 185lbs and I think the Recaros fit perfectly fine. Granted, my longest drive has been 2.5 hours but I felt great the whole time.

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
that's awesome, congrats!

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Got an update - looks like my build date got moved up to 5/23 (today) from 5/26, so that's good. It's been in production since Thursday evening. FP said it will probably be done today or tomorrow then get sent for wing and wheels. They expect it to be ready to ship this week!

Now, nothing....nothing at all...is going to get done at work from now until I get the car....and then maybe a little longer :) (Just kidding, Rick (security guy) - just in case you're logging this!) :)

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Got an update - looks like my build date got moved up to 5/23 (today) from 5/26, so that's good. It's been in production since Thursday evening. FP said it will probably be done today or tomorrow then get sent for wing and wheels. They expect it to be ready to ship this week!
I am happy for you! I'm a bit frustrated for me, however. I just talked to FP: Mine was built 2 weeks ago yet is still sitting in a lot waiting to go for wheels and wing. ETA remains 6/17.

I wonder if it's a shortage of blue stripes? Maybe they're shuffling mod shop work for cars based on when they'll have a critical mass of other cars to ship to certain geographies?

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I am happy for you! I'm a bit frustrated for me, however. I just talked to FP: Mine was built 2 weeks ago yet is still sitting in a lot waiting to go for wheels and wing. ETA remains 6/17.

I wonder if it's a shortage of blue stripes? Maybe they're shuffling mod shop work for cars based on when they'll have a critical mass of other cars to ship to certain geographies?
Just remember your build is 3 days behind mine. I didn't find out it had finished the detail shop and shipped until today. Hopefully Thursday is your lucky day!

OP
OP
R 350 gt Donson

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
GR365 checking in! It was delivered to the dealership this morning. I am flying down to Dallas first thing tomorrow morning first thing and then drive it back to Indiana the next day!

You got dinner plans for Tuesday Night? If not, you do now !!..Let me know if you need any help getting to the dealer..Im sure Josh has you taken care of, let me know anyway:cheers:..I hope the weather is good..we have been having a lot of rain, and expecting more !

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

My ETA is still 6/23. I suspect you're right on track and you'll find out that it's closer than you think!
Sponsored