Sponsored

My GT350 is Finally Complete (for now)

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Is the badge something you made as well?
Sponsored

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it's really not too bad. I'd recommend just getting a few extra random straight and right-angle AN adapters. Once your're in there, you'll find easier ways to do everything, and having some extra adapter options makes that a bit easier.
Appreciate the tips brother. Was only able to stay on the track a little over 20 mins at a time the other weekend without the dreaded over temp limp mode. lol

OP
OP

Superdjd24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Appreciate the tips brother. Was only able to stay on the track a little over 20 mins at a time the other weekend without the dreaded over temp limp mode. lol
Yeah, sucks for sure. Within 30 seconds of turning my pump on, the temp starts dropping. It usually only takes maybe 3 minutes for it to go from 230 to sub 200, and I can usually get it to sub 170 if I leave it on for a bit.

Another option is to simply try a thicker fluid. The stuff they put in there from the factory is like piss. That might buy you a bit more time before the fluid breaks down. I think I have 75 weight in mine. It does require you to let the car warm up for a minute before shifts are smooth, but I feel better using that on the track than the factory stuff.

Davidx9x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 5.0
Awesome build! I am torn between the anderson composite gt350 trunk spoiler and the anderson composite gt350r oe sized spoiler (which is an OEM replica/much larger than the other wing) to replace the track pack spoiler that i have with a zl1 wickerbill. When you removed the factory spoiler did the anderson composite bolt right on the factory holes? Did you have to drill any more to bolt on the 3 provided screws? Thanks man.

Sponsored

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome build! I am torn between the anderson composite gt350 trunk spoiler and the anderson composite gt350r oe sized spoiler (which is an OEM replica/much larger than the other wing) to replace the track pack spoiler that i have with a zl1 wickerbill. When you removed the factory spoiler did the anderson composite bolt right on the factory holes? Did you have to drill any more to bolt on the 3 provided screws? Thanks man.
I installed the AC spoiler with wicker bill on mine. Used factory holes, hardest thing was removing the oem tech pack "spoiler".

20200323_194245.jpg

20200410_173302.jpg

20200410_173305.jpg

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome man thanks! Sounds pretty close to what I was thinking and the plumbing details are very helpful as well. I was thinking about buying the FP version then realized the lines and fittings are not going to work without modification for my application and the FP cooler itself is like $200 more than the CX version for basically the brackets. lol
Finally had the time to get it done! Thanks for your help man, the trial run will be at Sebring next month :)

OP
OP

Superdjd24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Finally had the time to get it done! Thanks for your help man, the trial run will be at Sebring next month :)
Nice! Glad you found it useful. Good luck, and let me know how you make out!

OP
OP

Superdjd24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Thanks!

Sorry, I totally missed this. I was actually at the track recently, and parked next to a GT350R w/the R OEM spoiler. TBH, the one I have (which should be the non-oe one) looked extremely close to R OEM one. Much closer than I expected. Biggest difference I could tell was the thickness...OEM one was way thinner.

Yes, I had to drill extra holes. I measured for like 2hrs to make sure I didn't mess it up. Word of caution - the hole mounts on my anderson composite spoiler were not exactly symmetrical. They were actually .25-.5 inch off from the left and the right side. Not a big deal if you plan for it, but could be a problem if you aren't aware of the asymmetry.

Sponsored

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just an update, ran at Sebring in 84 degree temps and transmission cooler worked great! Thanks for the tips, it was a big relief not to see the dreaded Limp Mode.