I finally installed rear seats into my R

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
It took a few months of research and searching, but I was finally able to install the rear seats into the R for my kids.

Note: I noticed that I forgot to pull the buckles through the slot, but the are buckles are installed.

nc_oc=AQlwQQRnYHnYqvM6ogpZ0AgECsrBJCj9Q-LsS09bQUsWBQyA9bR9FHScnkym6kchd7M&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg
nc_oc=AQkIHor-jNkQYr7h3B_khAOwxitODinSbHTP2OdqPnRWurgn0M7_DCwkdWffRQ0UC-o&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rad99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2019 GT350R
Jeff,

Looks great, thinking about doing the same:
-Where did you get the seat from (since they stopped selling the 350R back seat kit in ā€˜17)
-How long did it take?

OP
OP

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Jeff,

Looks great, thinking about doing the same:
-Where did you get the seat from (since they stopped selling the 350R back seat kit in ā€˜17)
-How long did it take?
The install was the easiest part.

I purchased my seats from someone who took out the rears seats and installed a rear seat delete kit. Unfortunately for me, they didn't install an oem rear seat delete kit, which allowed them to retain a lot of the factory hardware and bolts. The only plus side for me was that the seats were absolutely new and pristine. I can't say the same about the other items... I purchased everything else that I needed from Midway mustang.

If I had to do it all over again, I would just contact Midway Mustang and ask them to disassemble a whole rear seat kit, that included the rear parcel tray and all the hardware.

Rad99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2019 GT350R
Jeff- great insight and appreciate the guidance! Will reach out to Midway Mustang to see what they say. Nice color btw on the car.
Ross

OP
OP

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Jeff- great insight and appreciate the guidance! Will reach out to Midway Mustang to see what they say. Nice color btw on the car.
Ross
Ross - You're welcome! It sucks that Ford discontinued the rear seat kit, as I would have gladly paid it to easily obtain the seats. But I just wanted to share that there are other avenues to obtaining the seats. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Are you interested in parting ways with the seat delete? I've been trying to get my hands on one.
I'm going to hold onto the rear seat delete. I recall seeing a few rear seat deletes in my area. I'll pass then along to you if I see the posts.

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'm going to hold onto the rear seat delete. I recall seeing a few rear seat deletes in my area. I'll pass then along to you if I see the posts.
I'd be interested in an OEM rear-seat delete out of an R as well since Ford stopped making them. Not satisfied with what I have right now.

OP
OP

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I'd be interested in an OEM rear-seat delete out of an R as well since Ford stopped making them. Not satisfied with what I have right now.
Wow. I never realized that Ford discontinued the rear seat delete kit just like they discontinued the rear seat kit.

Yeah, I noticed how those aftermarket rear seat delete kits are just a piece of carpet over where the seat goes. The oem kits are more solid.

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Wow. I never realized that Ford discontinued the rear seat delete kit just like they discontinued the rear seat kit.

Yeah, I noticed how those aftermarket rear seat delete kits are just a piece of carpet over where the seat goes. The oem kits are more solid.
Jeff, yeah I called Ford Racing a few weeks ago to inquire because I had the part # for the R Seat Delete. They indicated to me that they had supplier problems and that it didn't sell very well.

I told them that was because they charged over $1k for the thing which is stupid to begin with and that's why they didn't sell very well. They either stockpiled them and/or are still getting them somehow because that's still an option on R's as far as I know???

Sponsored
OP
OP

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Jeff, yeah I called Ford Racing a few weeks ago to inquire because I had the part # for the R Seat Delete. They indicated to me that they had supplier problems and that it didn't sell very well.

I told them that was because they charged over $1k for the thing which is stupid to begin with and that's why they didn't sell very well. They either stockpiled them and/or are still getting them somehow because that's still an option on R's as far as I know???
Ford is definitely still producing the rear seat delete kits because they are also standard in the GT500 track package ans GT350R cars.

XtraTQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Looks good. Iā€™d like to do the same thing here in the next year or two.

OP
OP

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Looks good. Iā€™d like to do the same thing here in the next year or two.
Thank you! Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. :)

Rob-17GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2023 Mach 1, 2020 F350 Powerstroke
I'm also looking for an OE R seat delete. I'd been willing to work out a trade for my rear seats and all belts and hardware. My car is a '17 with 625 miles. Nothing or no one has been in the back seat. Please PM me if interested. Thank you.

911-AL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R and other interesting BMWs and Porsches
I have a R specific rear seat delete out of my R that was taken out at 140 miles. Comes with everything including the R specific rear package tray. Asking $1500 and located in Chicago. You can PM me if interested.

Al
Sponsored