My GT350 is Finally Complete (for now)

Superdjd24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Finally completed a running list of modifications I initially had in mind when I purchased my '16 base. Thought I'd share with everyone.

Vortech V3 Supercharger Kit @ 6psi:
WJdrzGp.jpg

LMR GT350-style wheels wrapped in Nitto NT05 rubber:
FpT5EiQ.jpg

GT350R front splitter w/ white lettering kit, retro 1960's GT350 gold emblems w/ 3D-printed mounting base and red accents, 3D-printed external trickle charger port w/ cap (on left side of lower grill):
Bl54ASV.jpg

Anderson Composites GT350R-style rear spoiler. I cut the old stock base spoiler down to a brake-light-sized width, 3D-printed some end caps for it, attached LEDs, and wired those to the brake lights. This was intended to be temporary - just to cover up the holes from the factory spoiler removal - but it came out better than I expected:
Z1JGPD4.jpg

Ebay carbon fiber steering wheel, white retro GT350 shift knob:
oxS0e9p.jpg

Alpine head unit w/ Android Auto. 3D-printed switch bezel; left switch is exhaust valve motor override (to control sound at dB-restricted track events), right switch is for aftermarket electric trans cooler pump:
dvw4zCT.jpg

Bluetooth OBD2/CAN reader w/ Torque Pro app, funneling through OBD2AndroidAuto. When I plug my phone in, this screen auto loads:
1JDGzOQ.jpg

Full stereo system; all factory speakers replaced w/ Morel speakers, added 8" alpine subwoofer and external amplification:
g95VWUr.jpg

I've taken it to a few road courses already, and it's done well. Hope to do a few 1/4 mile passes in the next week or two.
Sponsored

Last edited:

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TLo
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Love it - can you provide me here or pm me what you ordered parts wise (head unit bezel etc..)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Finally completed a running list of modifications I initially had in mind when I purchased my '16 base. Thought I'd share with everyone.

Vortech V3 Supercharger Kit @ 6psi:
WJdrzGp.jpg

LMR GT350-style wheels wrapped in Nitto NT05 rubber:
FpT5EiQ.jpg

GT350R front splitter w/ white lettering kit, retro 1960's GT350 gold emblems w/ 3D-printed mounting base and red accents, 3D-printed external trickle charger port w/ cap (on left side of lower grill):
Bl54ASV.jpg

Anderson Composites GT350R-style rear spoiler. I cut the old stock base spoiler down to a brake-light sized width, 3D-printed some end caps for it, attached LEDs, and wired those to the brake lights. This was intended to be temporary - just to cover up the holes from the factory spoiler removal - but it came out better than I expected:
Z1JGPD4.jpg

Ebay carbon fiber steering wheel, white retro GT350 shift knob:
oxS0e9p.jpg

Alpine head unit w/ Android Auto. 3D-printed switch bezel; left switch is exhaust valve motor override (to control sound at dB-restricted track events), right switch is for aftermarket electric trans cooler pump:
dvw4zCT.jpg

Bluetooth OBD2/CAN reader w/ Torque Pro app, funneling through OBD2AndroidAuto. When I plug my phone in, this screen auto loads:
1JDGzOQ.jpg

Full stereo system; all factory speakers replaced w/ Morel speakers, added 8" alpine subwoofer and external amplification:
g95VWUr.jpg

I've taken it to a few road courses already, and it's done well. Hope to do a few 1/4 mile passes in the next week or two.

Very nice!

Any more details about the Alpine - is the lower monitor part of the Alpine setup too?

How is it as far as functionality (features) compared to the SYNC?

OP
OP

Superdjd24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Love it - can you provide me here or pm me what you ordered parts wise (head unit bezel etc..)
Head unit is here, dash install kit here. Heads up though, that install kit was a beast (at least for me) to install. Literally had to take parts of the circuit board from the stock setup, and move them over to the kit's system. No soldering or anything, but it was intense - took me like 8-10hrs to figure it all out. I'm also not sure if it works with GT350s that have the external exhaust toggle switch.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Superdjd24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Very nice!

Any more details about the Alpine - is the lower monitor part of the Alpine setup too?

How is it as far as functionality (features) compared to the SYNC?
Yeah, the install kit (see my previously reply) replaces everything. For me, android auto is way better than anything sync provides. I personally feel Google's voice recognition is the best in business, and the stuff you can do in terms of real-time data display on an AA screen is great.

Sponsored

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TLo
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Thanks dude! good alternative to a sync3 upgrade considering the cost of the bezel..

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Was it hard to the steering wheel? I would rather have leather instead of Alcantara

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Looks good. I noticed the snake is the wrong version for this car in the android display though...

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
Exceptional work there. It is quite apparent to myself that you put a great amount of time and effort in planning your project. I am impressed with how clean this came together. Hopefully you will enjoy many more years of automotive mojo with your car. :like: